PDA

View Full Version : I need a LTR link please...

desertjosh
10-20-2011, 3:39 PM
Building a LTR out of a 10/22 for the Dulzura shoot and I read a link sometime ago that had the items listed I need as well as the Midwayusa.com's item #s. Anyone have that link? IANAL and just want to make sure I get the right swivels for the stock I have ect...

Oh also, it listed extra recommendations for extended mag ect..

TIA!

Eljay
10-20-2011, 6:30 PM
Hopefully somebody else has the link you asked for but basically you'll want...
1. The larger swivels and a USGI sling to go on them.
2. Either Tech Sights or some kind of semi decent scope (4x or low power zoom).
3. The more magazines the merrier but at least two.
4. Little parts: An extended magazine release is nice, automatic bolt release is nice (you can also dremel the factory part to achieve this), bolt buffers are popular, some people replace the extractor, and if the trigger isn't very nice you might as well replace the hammer and sear while you're at it. None of this is critical but it's also not that expensive and will make the rifle easier to work with.
5. If your magazines don't drop free very easily and you have a wood stock you might sand the inside of the stock a bit where the magazine would rub against it on the way out. Sometimes they're really rough.

BlueDog333
10-21-2011, 10:00 PM
The link at the bottom of post #1 here that says "Assembling an LTR" in blue has the Midway item #'s
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=386767

Just type in the item# on Midways search and they come up.

BlueDog333
10-21-2011, 10:15 PM
+1 for the auto blot release being the easiest and cheapest thing you can do yourself that will improve how easily your rifle is to operate. I would save yourself the $$ and do it yourself. This is the only difference with a stock one and a factory one.

http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30867

I used a circular file insearted into a power drill, but if you have a diamond bit that works faster and easier. You can even do it by hand it's not hard just time consuming.

desertjosh
10-22-2011, 8:57 AM
Cool! Thank you guys sooo much! Placed my order for sling, swivels, auto bolt /VQ hammer, extra mags, tri mag, recoil buffer and ammo!! Can't wait til Wednesday when it should be here. Thanks for the help guys!

BlueDog333
10-22-2011, 12:48 PM
If you go with a recoil buffer I highly recomend the Tony Kidd one. Extremely high quality and Tony offers a Lifetime waranty. For only $6 it's a steal.

http://www.coolguyguns.com/Bolt-Buffer_p_12.html#

It's very easy to install and very durrable, much much more then the overpriced cheapo plastic ones.

Francis Marion
10-22-2011, 5:47 PM
Building a LTR out of a 10/22 for the Dulzura shoot and I read a link sometime ago that had the items listed I need as well as the Midwayusa.com's item #s. Anyone have that link? IANAL and just want to make sure I get the right swivels for the stock I have ect...

Oh also, it listed extra recommendations for extended mag ect..

TIA!

Josh,

Guidelines attached.

Consider adding a Volquartsen extractor and some Loctite to dope screw threads.

-FM

BlueDog333
10-23-2011, 12:21 AM
Oh here are the sling swivel studs from GrovTec.
http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/696198/grovtec-sling-swivel-studs-with-1-1-4-locking-swivels-set-with-machine-screw-forend-steel-black
When Uncle Mikes moved their production to China a former employee bought their equipiment and started making higher quality parts here in the USA with his former American co-workers. Buy American if you can help it.:patriot:

GJC
10-23-2011, 8:12 PM
Did ya get the stuff Josh? I'll see ya that weekend. Should be a good one.

desertjosh
10-24-2011, 3:53 PM
I got everything except the sling. Can someone confirm that there will be slings sold at the shoot? I got the 1.25" swivels, and would like a black sling if possible. My dad is coming with me. He just had to one up me and get a 10/22 LVT just for this shoot.:slap:
Oh well, at least I'll have my new VQ hammer, auto bolt, recoil buffer to play with!

Eljay
10-24-2011, 8:30 PM
I think they usually have some extra slings but it wouldn't hurt to contact the shoot boss and make sure. I seem to recall some kind of contact email on the registration info, or perhaps somebody from Appleseed will chime in with something more direct.

BlueDog333
10-25-2011, 12:25 AM
I've never seen a shoot boss have anything but green. You probably won't get a black sling from a shoot boss or anywear else in time except Fulton Armory, and even then only if you use their $25 expedited service. Here's the link for you.
http://www.fulton-armory.com/slingwebnewblack.aspx
Their slings are very high quality. I used a black one on my LTR I shot Rifleman with. :D I'll post pics for you later. Here's information on their expedited shipping.
http://www.fulton-armory.com/order-and-shipping-info.aspx
If you really want a high quality black sling in time and have the money, if you order by Tuesday you should have it in time. I would talk with one of their customer service reps on the phone to ask to be sure though since you have to phone in an expedited order.

GJC
10-25-2011, 7:41 AM
I got everything except the sling. Can someone confirm that there will be slings sold at the shoot? I got the 1.25" swivels, and would like a black sling if possible. My dad is coming with me. He just had to one up me and get a 10/22 LVT just for this shoot.:slap:
Oh well, at least I'll have my new VQ hammer, auto bolt, recoil buffer to play with!

I've got an extra slingif ya need it. I'll make sure to bring it.

desertjosh
10-25-2011, 8:19 AM
That would be awesome Gjc! I would've bought one but midway said they were discontinued. I can't wait! Should be getting my goodies on Wednesday!

Francis Marion
10-25-2011, 7:50 PM

Josh,

I'll have plenty of brand new cotton Garand slings for sale, $12 each.

andersoncouncil
12-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Francis Marion,

I saw in the pdf you posted that you recommend the wood screw for the rear stud on a plastic stock. Has that ever been an issue with the hollow stock on the 10/22? Some others have recommended that I use a machine screw and nut in the rear, but I don't know how to remove the butt plate since there are no screws.