View Full Version : what type of cowitness do you prefer?

02-12-2007, 7:00 PM

02-12-2007, 7:38 PM
Herefords and Angus

02-12-2007, 7:42 PM
Co-witness is handy for checking the zero on your electronic sight. My duty rifle has a rear flip-up, which I use regularly to check zero.

You would be surprised how rough duty can change the poi on your detachable mounts, even the high $$$ ones.

02-12-2007, 7:46 PM
i have a flattop ar and recently ordered a bushnell holosight which i believe will end up with an absolute cowitness.

i know some people use a rra dominator or arms 38 etc.. to raise the eotech reticle over absolute, similarly some people keep the absolute cowitness but use a folding rear sight.

im thinking i may just run absolute cowitness with front, with no rear buis. if zombies or aliens land and i run out of batteries then ill switch to a carry handle but ill probably run out of ammo first hehe.

what do you prefer?

FWIW, I'm running an RRA Dominator mount w/ and EOTech on my M4 at the moment. It gives me a lower 1/3 co-witness, which I feel has a better field of view. The iron sights are alway there, so no muddling around trying to pop them up when needed and I feel they don't get in the way being in the bottom of my field of view.

02-12-2007, 8:04 PM
I run an EOtech on a flattop with yhm folders up front and out back, they co-witness just fine and were affordable.

02-13-2007, 1:38 PM
I'm w/ m1371. RRA Dominator gives a nice lower 1/3 cowitness. The dominator includes the rear sight and I just use the fixed A2 fron sight. I natually look over the top of it and it works well. Also allows transition from optic to BUIS just by lowering your head.