PDA

View Full Version : I know someone can help....

Pipehitter
10-19-2011, 9:20 AM
So doing my research I came across something I mast have overlooked. 18 U.S.C. 926B and 926C, LEO safety act. I am looking for someone to help me go over this so that I can potentially get my LTC. Im no legal scholar but I am pretty damn sure this applies to me. So if you can help or know someone who can please PM me so I can get this ball rolling. Also I live in SD county.

Thanks

Purple K
10-19-2011, 9:34 AM
The LEOSA is derived from HR 218. As a current or retired sworn officer you are entitled to carry concealed as long as you carry ID issued to you by your LE agency.

Connor P Price
10-19-2011, 10:03 AM
If you're covered under LEOSA then you don't have any need for an LTC. However it seems somewhat unlikely that you'd be covered without already knowing it. Tell us more about yourself and why you think you're covered by the LEOSA so we can help.

Pipehitter
10-19-2011, 12:13 PM
I was a Coast Guard Boarding Officer I went to Federal Law enforcement Training Center Charleston SC, under 14 USC 2 and 14 USC 89.a Coast Guard Boarding Officers are considered Federal LEO's. Under the requirements for LEOSA I know that a CG Boarding Officer qualify, but its the retirement part Im unsure of. I was in for 6 years and received and honorable discharge. I cant find any where that states what the requirements of retirement are. The other thing is the CG dose not issue LEO ID.

vantec08
10-19-2011, 12:32 PM
I was a Coast Guard Boarding Officer I went to Federal Law enforcement Training Center Charleston SC, under 14 USC 2 and 14 USC 89.a Coast Guard Boarding Officers are considered Federal LEO's. Under the requirements for LEOSA I know that a CG Boarding Officer qualify, but its the retirement part Im unsure of. I was in for 6 years and received and honorable discharge. I cant find any where that states what the requirements of retirement are. The other thing is the CG dose not issue LEO ID.

That would be the same as a former LEO, not retired. In other words, you dont qualify for ANY kind of ID card.

OleCuss
10-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Yeah, Pipehitter, I'm afraid you're stuck in the same boat as the rest of us.

But interestingly, Ajax22 (with a lot of others now helping) is spearheading an LEOSA-based system in/through Montana which may allow all of us to carry in all states. It's going to take a while to get it up and running.

Librarian
10-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Without the ID as a LEO (retired or not) from an agency, I don't see how LEOSA can apply.

Connor P Price
10-19-2011, 12:52 PM
That would be the same as a former LEO, not retired. In other words, you dont qualify for ANY kind of ID card.

^This.

Identification as a retired LEO is required which generally requires 10 years of total service in the position.

Pipehitter
10-19-2011, 5:00 PM
Thanks guys