PDA

View Full Version : Wtb: Hk Mark 23

hiyabrad
02-12-2007, 3:24 PM
Anyone interested in selling?

anotherted
02-12-2007, 3:26 PM
Are those legal in cali? I thought they had a threaded barrel.

Hunter
02-12-2007, 3:27 PM
You probablly will not find it unless modified from original configuration. Due to the treaded barrel they needed to be modified or registered as an AW in 2001. I've never seen any "unthreaded" barrels for them myself.

mike100
02-12-2007, 3:29 PM
Those Mk23's are clown guns.. the tactical models (also a threaded bbl) are where it's at..short of importing a non threaded bbl custom, there are the expert and elite models, which are on the list.

luvtolean
02-12-2007, 3:40 PM
Clown guns?

I don't think the people issued them would quite agree with you. And not all are issued with the screw on accessory kit...

Sal
02-12-2007, 3:42 PM
they are HUGE guns, a lot larger than a normal USP, not just in length but frame size and the slide is even taller and wider.

they do make a thread protector that could be silver soldered onto the threads if somone wanted to bring one in from out of state.

Hunter
02-12-2007, 3:53 PM
...they do make a thread protector that could be silver soldered onto the threads if somone wanted to bring one in from out of state.
If they did that, how would one ever get the barrel off for cleaning/maintanence??

hiyabrad
02-12-2007, 3:56 PM
Take a look at this pic. Notice that the threads have been ground down. This is legal for CA.

So the trick is to buy a replacement barrel from HK, ground down the replacement (replacement will not have matching serial # on it) and you are good to go.

Sal
02-12-2007, 4:34 PM
the thread protector i have seen is very thin and is almost the same OD as the barrel, however it is knurled, but it could be turned on a lathe to be smooth and thin enough to fit through the slide like a normal barrel would.

or you could grind down or turn off the threads like that one there, however if you moved to a free state and wanted threads, it would be hard as i havent seen spare barrels for sale for these.

here is a pic of one, shown on a USP tactical, impact guns sells the protectors.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/thread_protec.jpg

ketec_owner
02-12-2007, 4:37 PM
Mk 23 are some of the most accurate .45 HK polymer guns. Yes they are huge. But they will also fire the .45 Super round with no modifications - because of the six inch barrel and enlongated slide. You can find a few around with CA legal replacement barrels from CCF in Richmond, VA. With no threads - it's CA legal. Mk 23's that I've seen in CA have been listed in the $1800 - $2200 range. I know every doesn't care for evan very much - but he gets them down there from time to time.

mike100
02-12-2007, 9:25 PM
There is no way I'd spend over $2k for something with as high a bore axis as an HK USP based pistol- what can you use them for? The MK23 doesn't "fit in the box" for IDPA and the like. I have never shot one, but I'm pretty sure it isn't the holy grail of hangunning. I can understand from an HK collecting standpoint though.

m1371
02-12-2007, 10:00 PM
There is no way I'd spend over $2k for something with as high a bore axis as an HK USP based pistol- what can you use them for? The MK23 doesn't "fit in the box" for IDPA and the like. I have never shot one, but I'm pretty sure it isn't the holy grail of hangunning. I can understand from an HK collecting standpoint though.

The SOCOM wasn't designed with IDPA in mind, so whether it "fits in a box" is pretty much irrelevant.

Do a Google search on the Mk23 SOCOM and you'll figure out what it is used for and why it was designed in the first place. It's a purpose-built platform that just happened to see civilian sales after the fact.

mike100
02-13-2007, 6:32 AM
the military didn't want it..that's kind of where I was going with it..still an interesting piece for those who collect...btw, we're crapping on a WTB thread..apologies (luv the friendly argument though)

JGarrison
02-13-2007, 6:40 AM
I just saw one on gunsamerica.com I think? In Southern CA, the threads had been milled off, he was asking $2500

rocknut
02-13-2007, 7:38 AM
$2750.00

http://www.gunsamerica.com/classifieds/none/_976805645.aspx

I would like one of these too, but there are too many other guns that I could buy with that kind of investment.

Group B
07-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Unfortunately CCF doesn't make non-threaded MK 23 barrels anymore...

jessegpresley
07-20-2009, 12:49 PM
I don't think this thread belongs here, it belongs in the WTB section.

QuarterBoreGunner
07-20-2009, 12:51 PM
It belongs in the WTB ... and...back in the grave with you Necropost!

meloki03
07-23-2009, 2:05 PM
How do you buy a HG that's not on the DOJ LIST?

QuarterBoreGunner
07-23-2009, 2:17 PM
It's you buy it from someone in California that already owns one that is willing to sell it and do a Private Party Transfer.

WeekendWarrior
07-23-2009, 2:40 PM
What about having a shop modify the pistol to be single shot before sending it here then switching it back when you own it, AR-Pistol style. Technique was saying you can do that with any handgun that is off list, you just need to miodify it so that is legal once it is semi-auto again.