PDA

View Full Version : Watching Aliens last night

ts
02-12-2007, 2:41 PM
Someone (can't remember who) posted a thread about a side mounted pistol grip and mentioned the movie Aliens and I kind of shrugged it off, as it would still allow a pistol grip like grasp. When I was sitting in my bed I realized they have detachable carry handles for the AR-15 (if you get a flat top you can add and remove the carry handle). If you mounted one of those on the forward of the upper hand guard and put a MM or a U-15 stock on there it might make it real easy to bump fire. Would be ugly as sin IMO. Just an idea... I wouldn't do it.

rorschach
02-12-2007, 7:56 PM
Why would you want to bumpfire??

laabstract
02-12-2007, 8:48 PM
he is only 20

:D

ts
02-12-2007, 10:04 PM
I wouldn't want to bump fire, it seems pretty lame to me. I have seen it in person and what does my age have anything to do with this? Just thought it would be an interesting idea. Since I am 20 does everything think I want to run around like the characters in Boys in the Hood and play gangster or something? Are you people really that stupid? I am here for the same reason why everyone else is here and I have heard bumpfireing being mentioned NUMEROUS times on this forum and age has never been an issue. This is the 3rd time this week my age has been called out by ignorant people. I was just pointing out that if someone wanted something like a pistol grip grasp that would not be illegal.

metalhead357
02-12-2007, 11:03 PM
HAAA! They're just giving ya' grief over yer' age cause ol' farts have to work for a living...not sit around an play WI, sip latte's, and dream up side mounted grips:p

It'll make more sense to ya' then;) And then it'll be stories of having to go to school with *only* a WI and a cellphone, actually had to ride a bus...20 miles...UPhill...BOTH ways:p ((ok, anyone...anyone...name that reference and show yer' age!!!!!))

Seriously,

I wondered about a side mount too; just never the time to dabble with the creation....AND the fact that most would ask me- just what they asked you.... WTFudge would ya' want something like That for? Its uglier than our last trolls sister!!!!!

((edited by metalhead))

ivanimal
02-12-2007, 11:21 PM
lots of smileys are nice her but please dont get out of line with the comments. I wish I had the sense Tony had at 20, I might have a few more register AW's.:cool:

metalhead357
02-13-2007, 1:18 AM
lots of smileys are nice her but please dont get out of line with the comments. I wish I had the sense Tony had at 20, I might have a few more register AW's.:cool:

A LOT of peeps feel that way... I had the sense but just not the funds nor creit at the time or I woulda hocked everything not bolted down if I thought it woulda netted me more. I played the game right (somewhat) before the '94 FED ban and walked away with tooo many mags before the 2000 cali one. But again, the funding was lacking.

Dont let these guy's needling get to you; As I said and Ivan has too- We aint ALL had the foresight on ALL this whenst we were your age.

ts
02-13-2007, 2:08 AM
Yeah, I just wanna make it clear that I am not some kid wanting to play cow boys and Indians (excuse me Native Americans;) ). I do have the finical capabilities to afford the things that I want and I am young - I made my age public and I am not ashamed of it, hell, I'd rather be 20 then 45:p

My father was an engineer and I have much respect for things with great simplicity or great complexity. The only 2 firearms I own currently are very basic and simple - they are pieces of art. I also own many hand made watches that I am very intrigued by (if you have ever met a watch maker you would understand, there basically a brain surgeon who does not like blood) their extreme complexity.

I am well educated on CA and Federal gun laws (mostly due to this forum) and I am educated in gun safety.

If anyone can link to an "immature 20 year old thread" I have made on this forum then please do. I have seen many immature threads regarding personal attacks, debates, and such made by men twice my age.

The whole point of this thread was to take a different look at a upper or side mounted handle that is not a pistol grip according to CA law. Now I do not see how that relates to my age.

Lay off my age until I post something immature and stupid - then you guys can go at it.

Edit: I do work for a living. And what is WI?

Edit #2: This is why I posted this: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=48662 All the pieces falling together now?

Let's Rock.:D

five.five-six
02-13-2007, 3:11 AM

because it is fun!!

oh and I am going to be 40 in april

metalhead357
02-13-2007, 7:28 AM
Edit: I do work for a living. And what is WI?

Ah! My bad & showing my lack of cultural up-beatness... da' Nintendo Wii

maxicon
02-13-2007, 9:11 AM
because it is fun!!

oh and I am going to be 40 in april

I'll second that, and I'm even older.

Bumpfiring is fun. Two-handed blasting a la Tomb Raider is fun. Shooting from the hip is fun.

Are they practical, effective, smart uses of ammo, whatever? No. Do you want to do them all the time, to the exclusion of smart, effective shooting? No.

But they're fun. Some people consider benchrest fun (and it is), and getting 10 shots within 1 MOA is a great thing, but we don't all want to wait a couple of minutes between shots. Rapid-fire's fun, and the rapider, the better.

Lighten up, folks!

Aluisious
02-13-2007, 9:36 AM
I wouldn't want to bump fire, it seems pretty lame to me. I have seen it in person and what does my age have anything to do with this? Just thought it would be an interesting idea. Since I am 20 does everything think I want to run around like the characters in Boys in the Hood and play gangster or something? Are you people really that stupid? I am here for the same reason why everyone else is here and I have heard bumpfireing being mentioned NUMEROUS times on this forum and age has never been an issue. This is the 3rd time this week my age has been called out by ignorant people. I was just pointing out that if someone wanted something like a pistol grip grasp that would not be illegal.
Poor kid ;)

gose
02-13-2007, 9:37 AM
I'll second that, and I'm even older.
Bumpfiring is fun. Two-handed blasting a la Tomb Raider is fun. Shooting from the hip is fun.
Are they practical, effective, smart uses of ammo, whatever? No. Do you want to do them all the time, to the exclusion of smart, effective shooting? No.
But they're fun. Some people consider benchrest fun (and it is), and getting 10 shots within 1 MOA is a great thing, but we don't all want to wait a couple of minutes between shots. Rapid-fire's fun, and the rapider, the better.
Lighten up, folks!

I guess Im somewhere in between, because I like both shooting fast AND hitting stuff :D

The SoCal Gunner
02-13-2007, 9:48 AM
I guess Im somewhere in between, because I like both shooting fast AND hitting stuff :D

+1 except I haven't been able to shoot fast anywhere. Haven't driven out to BLM land or been to a range that allows rapid fire.

Why bumpfire? Why shoot? Because it pleases the person with the gun.

ts
02-13-2007, 5:02 PM
I just don't like bumpfireing because it just looks to be uncontrollable and somewhat dangerous, unless done from the shoulder using the rubber band method. And of course the obvious wast of ammo. I would rather just to to NV and rent a full auto gun.

grammaton76
02-13-2007, 5:20 PM
Someone (can't remember who) posted a thread about a side mounted pistol grip and mentioned the movie Aliens and I kind of shrugged it off, as it would still allow a pistol grip like grasp. When I was sitting in my bed I realized they have detachable carry handles for the AR-15 (if you get a flat top you can add and remove the carry handle). If you mounted one of those on the forward of the upper hand guard and put a MM or a U-15 stock on there it might make it real easy to bump fire. Would be ugly as sin IMO. Just an idea... I wouldn't do it.

If I could stick a forward pistol grip on the 3 or 9 o'clock position on a quad rail, without it being a "forward pistol grip"... I'd do it in a heartbeat, just to function-test it. But, I'm pretty sure it'd be an sb23 feature, and I don't care for pinned mags. I'm pretty sure a detachable carry handle could be considered a forward thumbgrip.

WAIT A MINUTE - guys, forward THUMBHOOKS are not prohibited, right? Time to work up a forward pic-mounted version of the Fab-10 hook!

AJAX22
02-13-2007, 5:24 PM
I've never bump fired a rifle.... yet.

its silly but one of the main reasons that I decided to build an AR15 first was so that I could have the experiance of bumpfiring one of my beta mags.

I've spent at least 10 years dreaming about it.

It'll be a glorious waste of ammo :)

ts
02-13-2007, 5:25 PM
well, i think a detachable carry handle would not be considered an "evil feature" since it is on top of a lot of non-pin magged builds. it might be gray.

grammaton76
02-13-2007, 5:27 PM
well, i think a detachable carry handle would not be considered an "evil feature" since it is on top of a lot of non-pin magged builds. it might be gray.

Well, it certainly wouldn't be evil in its normal position - for that matter, a pistol grip on top of the top rail would probably not be illegal (just probably stupid), as it's above the action of the firearm (although then they could start the whole "but which end is up?" debate).

But if a carry handle is mounted where a forward pistol grip would be, I think it would be considered evil, because it'd allow a grasp.

LECTRIKHED
02-13-2007, 5:48 PM
DRAMA

For all the old people out there. You need us younger rifleman to preserve everyones rights. Not everyone is born with gun expertise or was even raised with them. I'd say most of my generation was taught that guns are evil. Give them a break.

For all you young rifleman. Lighten up, they don't understand how anyone could not be an AR-15 expert. Hell most of us haven't even touched a non neutered one. Also listen to what some of the older guys have to say. Some of it is good advice.

laabstract
02-13-2007, 6:46 PM
I just made the comment about your age in good fun nothing personal. You are a gun lover which makes you alright in my book.
But you did make a comment that did bother me. You said that you only have 2 guns??? Looks like someone has some shoping to do :D

ts
02-13-2007, 8:14 PM
I just made the comment about your age in good fun nothing personal. You are a gun lover which makes you alright in my book.
But you did make a comment that did bother me. You said that you only have 2 guns??? Looks like someone has some shoping to do :D

Heh, I am sorry - my age has been brought up on this forum twice in the last couple weeks as a negative comment and I guess I just took it the wrong way.

I do have some shopping to do, I plan on buying an AR-15 (two lowers, one being DoubleStar other being Noveke), Rem. 870 (everyone needs a shot gun), possibly another AK (milled, but only if they refine the bullet button for the AK), and when I turn 21 in a few months so, 1911, USP .45, Glock 26 (or another sub compact Glock in a different caliber), NAA-22LR, and a Glock 19c (for the ladies). I am hoping to get that MAC-10 I posted about earlier. It's gonna be a tough one to get into CA but I still want it.

THE 0NE
02-13-2007, 9:56 PM
shoot i am only 22 and i have older guys asking me about guns and gun laws everyday. i have even put some oll together for some guys twice my age....