PDA

View Full Version : Safe Upgrade

Matt C
02-12-2007, 1:16 PM
I added this to my safe to deter anyone thinking of cutting or drilling into it:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h303/doommatt1/safewarning.jpg

They are magnetic, and cost about $15 delivered.

mike100
02-12-2007, 1:45 PM
you should get a "Peligro" one as well- i have a few high voltage stickers in spanish somewhere around here...

Sydwaiz
02-12-2007, 2:16 PM
I'd prefer a biohazard sticker or radiation warning.

Aluisious
02-12-2007, 2:18 PM
Explosives are just cool. Hell your safe is more of a target that way :p

I agree, put stuff all over it about AIDS or other biohazards.

Matt C
02-12-2007, 5:21 PM
I think the explosives ones are more believable, and while it might make them want inside even more, no sane person is going to torch their way in.

grammaton76
02-12-2007, 5:26 PM
How about "MEDICAL WASTE STORAGE; FOR DISPOSAL ONLY" or something like that?

I agree that explosives would just seem cool... "hey, let's steal this safe and drill it out or something! Maybe it's grenades!"

You don't want anything that'll make it look like a controlled substance, like pharmaceuticals - that'll just make it more tempting.

Grakken
02-12-2007, 6:00 PM
I think puting explosives on it would make it tempting to open up via saw or drill, putting biohazard is sort of unbelievable as to who would have that in a gun safe but i digress, put them both on! :p

tlillard23
02-12-2007, 6:15 PM
your thief has to be able to read and smart enough to think about blowing himself up.
I covered the front and sides with a water heater box and threw an old sheet over it. from 10 feet away it looked like a water heater. yes, one side is in Spanish...

grammaton76
02-12-2007, 6:24 PM
I think puting explosives on it would make it tempting to open up via saw or drill, putting biohazard is sort of unbelievable as to who would have that in a gun safe but i digress, put them both on! :p

This is why you paint it white, so that it looks more less like a gun safe. :) Why are most safes in the same color scheme, anyway?

mike100
02-12-2007, 9:19 PM
I've been thinking to cut the doors off an old fridge and make a false cover to hide my safe in plain sight, so to speak, so that passers by won't ask unwanted gun questions when they get within sight of my garage corner.

Aluisious
02-12-2007, 9:31 PM
You can go a long way just by putting a safe in a closet.

"What's in there?"

"Eh, just some crap I don't need."

DIG
02-13-2007, 1:16 PM
I'd prefer a biohazard sticker or radiation warning.
how about something even more ridiculous like a sign with a mushroom cloud and text reading 'use extreme caution: mercury switch enabled' :p

socalsteve
02-13-2007, 2:56 PM
long time sign has been to say Caution Black Powder stored within.

of course with my luck the theif would be some moron who didn't know BP is highly explosive so no flames or sparks.