PDA

View Full Version : Anything missing in this kit?

ARRRR-15
02-12-2007, 2:08 PM
http://i20.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/89/c9/9a14_1.JPG

Dillon RL 550 Progressive Press includes powder measure with powder thru die set up, 1 primer tube, low primer sensor alarm

I may purchase this I just wanted to know if there was anything missing that comes with the current 550 kits.

Sheldon
02-12-2007, 3:47 PM
I don't see the large powder bar for the powder measure, the bracket for the ejected catridge bin, the cartridge bin, the spent primer cup, both primer pick-up tubes (one large and one small), one of the primer magazine tubes is missing (can't tell from pic if the small or large is missing, but you normally get both), and one of the primer slides is missing as well (can't tell from pic if the small or large is missing, but you normally get both). Normally you get the conversion kit for one caliber as well. I see a powder funnel in the powder measure, but cannot see if there is a shellplate mounted on the press or whether the 3 locator pins are there as well. That's what I see missing.

I would ask, if it isn't mentioned in the ad, what caliber conversion kit it comes with. They sell for $40, so if it comes with one you don't need, that's something to consider as well.

Everything on the Dillon 550 is covered by their lifetime warranty, but they don't generally replace missing/lost parts, unless it was just bought new in the box. That's a lot of missing parts for someone getting it as a first press. Most guys with the press already will have extras of a lot of those parts, but to have to buy them would add up quick.

ARRRR-15
02-12-2007, 4:27 PM
Thanks sheldon. It really isn't that much cheaper. Just wanted to see if it was a complete press. Doesn't seem that way.