PDA

View Full Version : looking to apprentice

gnlvrjustin
10-18-2011, 3:51 PM
HI my name is justin im new to this sight i live in central cali and i am 36. two years ago i was injured at work i was a health care provider and more than half way threw nursing school. I am now unemployed an workmenscomp has stoped paying me and the doctors have told me i have to choose a different carreer much to my dissapointment. So the only other thing that i could think of doing that isnt work to me other than nursing is working on guns unfortunetly my mother is ill an i care for her so i can not go away to a gunsmithing school. Im looking for a local gunnsmith that would take in a apprentice i will work for free i just want to learn as much as i can i live in the monteray county area my phn number is 8312105506! thank u for reading

Sonny188
10-18-2011, 4:02 PM
Welcome and I hope someone here can help.

five.five-six
10-18-2011, 4:05 PM
i would reccomend to edit your post and only give out your phone number by PM (private Message)

good luck :thumbsup:

den888
10-18-2011, 4:26 PM
Welcome!

bsg
10-18-2011, 4:40 PM
welcome to the forum.

tokarev_tt
10-18-2011, 5:23 PM
Welcome to the "sight"(whatever that means) :)

INJUNTOM
10-18-2011, 5:24 PM
....and welcome aboard

Shellshocker66
10-18-2011, 7:19 PM
HI my name is justin im new to this sight i live in central cali and i am 36. two years ago i was injured at work i was a health care provider and more than half way threw nursing school. I am now unemployed an workmenscomp has stoped paying me and the doctors have told me i have to choose a different carreer much to my dissapointment. So the only other thing that i could think of doing that isnt work to me other than nursing is working on guns unfortunetly my mother is ill an i care for her so i can not go away to a gunsmithing school. Im looking for a local gunnsmith that would take in a apprentice i will work for free i just want to learn as much as i can i live in the monteray county area my phn number is 8312105506! thank u for reading

Hi Justin,

I was also injured as a health care worker, you should of been offered job retraining and given money for that retraining (minus some mandated counselor fees).

But I guess the big question is did you get an attorney? If you didn't you really need to get on that right away.

You also should of filed for your social security benefits as soon as you were injured. Which would be paying you while you look for work up to the point where you gain meaningful employment. And you should be getting a payment for your percentage of disability from your workman comp insurance, either a lump sum or life time medical and monthly payments.

While gunsmithing is a good career have you even been approved for that line of work and given a set of recommended physical limitations?

Like I said if you have not retained a lawyer it is still not to late and you really need to do it.

Good luck!

G38xOC
10-18-2011, 10:30 PM
Welcome

MOONDAWG
10-19-2011, 5:32 AM
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state. :cool:

biloutkast
10-19-2011, 6:54 AM
Welcome aboard~!

SCZ
10-19-2011, 1:08 PM
Heya.

Take Shellshocker's advice and get legal representation. He's right on the money.

Best of luck finding an apprenticeship.

hk-p2000
10-19-2011, 1:10 PM
welcome

gnlvrjustin
10-19-2011, 2:32 PM
Thank u to all of yall who have welcomed me an offered advice im very happy evreybody seems really healpfull an nice. I do have a lawyer for my case they wont give me my injury perceteg till jan 2012 an i have started the ssd prosses an am in the prosses in getting leagal help for that to. Again thank u so much to everybody (:

zod
10-19-2011, 4:45 PM
Welcome aboard. Great group of people on Calguns, hopefully you will find a connection here.

Shellshocker66
10-19-2011, 5:18 PM
Thank u to all of yall who have welcomed me an offered advice im very happy evreybody seems really healpfull an nice. I do have a lawyer for my case they wont give me my injury perceteg till jan 2012 an i have started the ssd prosses an am in the prosses in getting leagal help for that to. Again thank u so much to everybody (:

Good on having an attorney for the workman's comp, the bad part is not having one that did SS work also. I'm going to be the bearer of bad news, the process for a first time applicant is long and you will be denied several times (because of your age). Just keep on fighting it and you will eventually get it.

Once again welcome to the site! Firearms are a good distraction for pain and rehab.

TheExpertish
10-20-2011, 7:24 AM

Sucks you have to wait that long.

Good on having an attorney for the workman's comp, the bad part is not having one that did SS work also. I'm going to be the bearer of bad news, the process for a first time applicant is long and you will be denied several times (because of your age). Just keep on fighting it and you will eventually get it.

Once again welcome to the site! Firearms are a good distraction for pain and rehab.

From people that I know who have been through this it's very much the case. You'll win but they make you fight long and hard for it. I think it's BS, especially when others can get other services much easier when they're not as critical. Gotta love our broken system. Welcome to the club, and try to call around to local manufacturers and stores to see if they have a need. If you're willing to start off as an intern of sorts it may be harder for them to say yes to free help.

DeanW66
10-21-2011, 12:37 PM
Welcome aboard! I have nothing to offer in the way of help though.

BlackTydeTactical
10-21-2011, 2:42 PM
Welcome aboard!

h0use
10-21-2011, 2:52 PM
welcome friend, i am sure someone out there maybe able to help you.