PDA

View Full Version : loop hole

richiem71
10-17-2011, 11:01 PM
can somebody out there tell me if this is right......if a LEO friend of mine buy a 4th gen glock from a local store can i buy that from him as PPT here in California??:confused:

unusedusername
10-17-2011, 11:37 PM
If he buys it for himself legally at a gun store, then decided he does not like it and offers to sell it to you via a legal PPT at a gun store, and he does not sell more then the magic number of guns in a year (5, I think) then all is good.

You can also just get one Single Shot Exempted (http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=383692). It's much easier IMHO.

d4v0s
10-17-2011, 11:43 PM
That is illegal, its a straw purchase and can land you in hot water. (hope thats not FUD, just what i have been told in numerous places)

Now if your friend happens to buy it, and not like it, and you just so happen to find his classified add and purchase it from him. Well there is nothing illegal about that.

dieselpower
10-18-2011, 5:24 AM
1) Its illegal to buy a firearm with the intent to sell that firearm.
2) Its legal to buy a firearm as a gift for another person.
3) Its legal for a buyer to receive money from another to buy a firearm.

The problem is FFLs look at the first rule when people want to do each of the other things.

There is no law against owning a non-rostered handgun. There is no law saying LEO can not sell to a friend or gift a handgun to a friend one that isn't on the roster.

Its legal as long as its a gift.

richiem71
10-18-2011, 9:51 PM
thank you very much guys!:)

Watters Edge Design
10-18-2011, 9:52 PM
Nice info.