View Full Version : Moving to MA

10-17-2011, 9:24 PM
I'm moving to MA and was wondering if CA compliant AR 15s and AKs are compliant to MA standards?

10-17-2011, 9:38 PM
Hard to tell.... Any chance you can live in NH and commute....that would be awesome...RI has better laws also. mA carry permits are a bit easier to get than CA depending on where you live.

All I can remember is that in MA you can purchase and transfer pre-ban ARs....or basically featureless, no bayonet lug, no removable flash suppressor....not sure about pistol grip.....also not sure if BB has been proven there yet.

I was an RI resident which was awesome...carry permit, high caps, only bad laws were limited transportation without concealed carry, and ccw was dependent on city Sherrif.

10-17-2011, 9:53 PM
I think you might be hosed.....

Nathan Krynn
10-18-2011, 9:18 AM
Our original family farm is in MA and I can tell you the laws are different then yours but can be just as bad. For instance no collapsible stocks at all. Basically they still have an AWB plus much more dumb laws.

Like someone else said move to NH and commute if you can. We have a place in NH and thats where my guns are up north. Honestly I love the old homestead (my family lived there and actively farmed from the late 1600's to the early 90's) but NH is where my heart is even more so then here in FL.

EDIT: To answer your question your CA compliant more then likely will not be MA compliant.