PDA

View Full Version : Maybe its just ME......

ehair
10-17-2011, 2:51 PM
but I get tired of seeing the same "Private Firearms Sales" ads bumped up for eternity. Im talking about those that go on for weeks & months. Its a free country so ask what price you will for your guns, but as a very frequent buyer, it obvious to me that the sale price is too high if the ads been bumped a million times. And Im not talking about those rare pieces that have a small base of buyers. These continuously bumped ads clutter up the FS section for serious sellers and buyers....and don't get me started on the "this is just a feeler" ad...

Sorry, just ranting a bit.......Now I feel better so back to the FS section for more goodies. :D

Rob454
10-17-2011, 3:00 PM
Personally i feel that the for sale section shouldn't even allow bumps. The ad should only be able to be posted, rewritten/repriced and deleted by either a mod or the original poster. Maybe not deleted cause it messes up the Itrader but I don't always leave a itrader. I jsut don't really think about it. i leave one sometimes but not always
A more sectioned for sale section would be better so if you are looking for say a revolver you don't have to go through a million overpriced guns that you are not even remotely interested in to find a revolver.
I sold most of my guns through other avenues but yeah the countless bumps on your ad with NO interest should give you a idea that is either priced too high or nobody is interested. And then again i don't get low balled when I sell in other places either.

stix213
10-17-2011, 3:11 PM
I hate the ones that don't put location in the title personally.

G60
10-17-2011, 3:25 PM
I have an m&p compact mag I'm trying to trade straight across for a full size mag for a few weeks that I have to keep bumping to no avail. I don't think I'm asking too much =P

When I'm not lazy I'll bump and delete previous bumps so as to not clutter the thread but I'm lazy.

Pred
10-17-2011, 3:28 PM
If i have an ad up and its not selling then i pick a day and after that day if no one buys it i take it down. Maybe there should be a rule or something that makes you remove your ad after 2 weeks?????

repubconserv
10-17-2011, 3:30 PM
but I get tired of seeing the same "Private Firearms Sales"ads bumped up for eternity. threads raising complaints about prices in FS :D

maybe it's just me though....

Rob454
10-17-2011, 3:37 PM
I have an m&p compact mag I'm trying to trade straight across for a full size mag for a few weeks that I have to keep bumping to no avail. I don't think I'm asking too much =P

When I'm not lazy I'll bump and delete previous bumps so as to not clutter the thread but I'm lazy.

I am trying to either sell or trade some mags I have no use for but i don't bump the post. Someone searching will find it. Thats why I think just sectioning the for sale section off with more detailed sections will help keep the clutter down. And if you can't bump the ads you can basically read them as a list. I don't know maybe my idea is stupid who knows.

If i have an ad up and its not selling then i pick a day and after that day if no one buys it i take it down. Maybe there should be a rule or something that makes you remove your ad after 2 weeks?????

yeah but then you are gonna have the same ads popping right back up at the exact same prices.
I put some stuff on Savageshooters and there you have to pay to be able to post on the for sale section. i bet that will stop a lot of the 1 post drive by and countless bumps.
personally i ship whatever i sell, so the location to me is inconsequential to the sale of the item. I am one of those idiots who will take money if the guy is in Shasta County or San Diego or even in Georgia. I just sold a Savage heavy barrel to a guy in Georgia. His money was as good as a guy from California.

As for complaints on prices, meh, I move on. Your price is XYZ i make a offer or if I feel its a good enough price I buy it. You don't want to sell at my offer I move on. You offer me too low a price for something I am selling I do not sell. Seems pretty simple to me. i don't get mad over it. I move on to the next deal or buyer. No biggie. If you only try to sell a item on one website you are basically placing your eggs in one basket and limiting your prospective sales.

shinbone
10-17-2011, 3:40 PM
If the problem is that there's so much clutter, its probably time to have seperate sub categories...

Handguns:
semi-auto
revolver
C&R
rimfire

Rifles:
semi-auto
bolt
c&R
rimfile

That way its less frustrating to wade through everything. And, maybe threads wont need to be bumped so much.

golfrj
10-17-2011, 3:43 PM
Yeah, I agree that the same ads go on forever, maybe at 2/3000 looks they should be Deleted by a Moderator.. But money is short so Nice guns even are not selling?? JMHO

ehair
10-17-2011, 4:40 PM
Some pretty goods suggestions. Sorry for the rant. :):)

Newshooter
10-17-2011, 7:23 PM
If the problem is that there's so much clutter, its probably time to have seperate sub categories...

Handguns:
semi-auto
revolver
C&R
rimfire

Rifles:
semi-auto
bolt
c&R
rimfile

That way its less frustrating to wade through everything. And, maybe threads wont need to be bumped so much.

You missed shotguns...

Fjold
10-17-2011, 7:47 PM
Rob454 did you go by the same name on Savage shooters?