PDA

View Full Version : Have you guys seen these targets?

NorCalK9.com
10-17-2011, 11:10 AM
I thought I'd let you guys know about these. They look pretty awespme. I'm about to order one myself. What do you guys think?

http://pingtargets.com/Ping_Magnum.html

G-forceJunkie
10-17-2011, 11:30 AM
Looks like an awesome way to spit alot of richochets off to the sides since your rarely hitting the plate square on.

NorCalK9.com
10-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Looks like an awesome way to spit alot of richochets off to the sides since your rarely hitting the plate square on.

Actually the bullet is traviling a 1000x faster than the target so theyre basically exploding on impact!

Briancnelson
10-17-2011, 12:09 PM
Those won't cause ricochets. At least not ricochets that go more than a few feet, very slowly. Basic physics. To the extent they don't simply disintegrate on impact, a portion of their force is probably being transferred to the movement of the target. The target, in turn, is not impeding their progress sufficiently, or imparting a vector sufficient to direct a bullet between 90-270 degrees away from the point of impact with any force at all.

There is therefore little rebound and ricochets will be unlikely.

They look pretty fun to me.

NorCalK9.com
10-17-2011, 12:12 PM
Yeah I cant wait to get mine. and the guy said he's gonna drop the price for me or my friends to 200 bucks

G38xOC
10-17-2011, 12:16 PM
just the plate is made out of ar500 or the whole thing ?

NorCalK9.com
10-17-2011, 12:20 PM
just the plate is made out of ar500 or the whole thing ?

I'm not completely sure but if you email the guy he will tell you everything! He's actually really cool guy I cant believe he knocked 65 bucks off and is shipping it for 10 bucks!

G38xOC
10-17-2011, 12:55 PM
if those brackets aren't , that triangle piece wont last long . it looks like its holding by 1/4 steel . even if that piece is ar500 , i just cant believe it'll last life time . if u gona spend 200 bucks , i would go with ironman's target . hes on commercial section

NorCalK9.com
10-17-2011, 1:08 PM
Nah Ive talked to this guy and Im gonna go with his. if something goes wrong Im sure he'll do get it fixed.

Chrsbrrss
10-17-2011, 3:04 PM
Hey, Target maker here
The arms are made out of 3/8ths steel, not AR500, but they will last a good while if you hit the target and make sure the bolts stay tight. There are replacement parts on the website if they are needed, but I doubt you will need them.
The very first prototype was made completely out of mild steel and the arms were 1/2" pipe, we shot it probably 8-10,000 times with everything up to a 300 Win Mag at a range of about 25 yards and we filled it with holes but it never stopped working, I'll post a pic if I can find one.

NorCalK9.com
10-17-2011, 3:13 PM
Hey, Target maker here
The arms are made out of 3/8ths steel, not AR500, but they will last a good while if you hit the target and make sure the bolts stay tight. There are replacement parts on the website if they are needed, but I doubt you will need them.
The very first prototype was made completely out of mild steel and the arms were 1/2" pipe, we shot it probably 8-10,000 times with everything up to a 300 Win Mag at a range of about 25 yards and we filled it with holes but it never stopped working, I'll post a pic if I can find one.

Welcome bud.

tacticalcity
10-17-2011, 3:23 PM
There is a calguns member here who makes reactive steel / resetting targets in a lot of different styles...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=438075

Sadly the only open range I use won't allow steel targets.

NorCalK9.com
10-17-2011, 3:24 PM
There is a calguns member here who makes reactive steel / resetting targets in a lot of different styles...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=438075

I know that theres also other guys here that sell ar stuff too.

donking
10-17-2011, 3:41 PM
Yeah I cant wait to get mine. and the guy said he's gonna drop the price for me or my friends to 200 bucks

Can you share with the whole forum? How about all of calguns as being one of your friends? Don't leave us out in the desert!
:gene:

NorCalK9.com
10-17-2011, 3:43 PM
Lol send him an email or pm ask him. He said friends so anyone who likes guns as much as me is a friend lol

Chrsbrrss
10-17-2011, 4:08 PM
Hey the discount is good for everyone till i change it back on the website tomorrow night!

tacticalcity
10-17-2011, 4:12 PM
I know that theres also other guys here that sell ar stuff too.

Who me? ;)

I was just trying to point out a good resource for a guy who seems to make some pretty cool stuff. Wasn't knocking the spinning target or the guy that makes them. Especially if he is a Calguns member. I try to be extra curteous to Calguns members that make cool products.

NorCalK9.com
10-17-2011, 4:43 PM
Who me? ;)

I was just trying to point out a good resource for a guy who seems to make some pretty cool stuff. Wasn't knocking the spinning target or the guy that makes them. Especially if he is a Calguns member. I try to be extra curteous to Calguns members that make cool products.

Also what is your website. I just boughy a ar and need some stuff for it.