PDA

View Full Version : anyone used one of these?

ns3v3n
02-11-2007, 7:20 PM
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=713372

frankford arsenal scale. onsale at midwayusa.

anyone used one?

vega
02-11-2007, 8:28 PM
I don't have one but I'm not a big fan of digital scales.
I'm old school so I'll stick with the old beam.
YMMV.

Gunsrruss
02-11-2007, 8:32 PM
I use a Pact dipenser and matching scale 229.00. First I calibrate it then dial in how many grs I want and push the dispense button. When it gets to the amount I dialed in it shuts off. It will normally be right on ,or as much as a tenth of a grain off. I can live with that. I use my Lee progressive like a single stage press. I never could get an accurate powder reading out of the Lee. I also use the RCBS electric trimming machine with the RCBS three way cutter for that paticular caliber. The pact and the trimmer save me so much time I get to spend more time shooting.

Gunsrruss
02-11-2007, 8:36 PM
I don't have one but I'm not a big fan of digital scales.
I'm old school so I'll stick with the old beam.
YMMV.

I'm old school too, but I couldn't beat the time savings. Those two things simply saved me countless hours of case prep and loading. By the time you move your powder funnel to the next case your next load is ready for you to pick it up and pour into the next case. That simple, I'm not going back.

anyracoon
02-12-2007, 6:56 AM
Ditto on the Pact set up
I bought them from Pact directly. I had them sitting on my bench for about a year. I used the scale all of the time, but started to use the set to work up some 69 Sierra MatchKing loads with Varget for one of my new varmit rifles.
It is the Cats Meow!!!!!
It sure beats using a powder thrower & powder trickler.

xdpackin
02-14-2007, 4:47 PM
I really like the lyman setup that my dad has, it is really nice to just press the "dispense" button everytime and have it dump out powder... quick and accurate

fairfaxjim
02-15-2007, 8:45 PM
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=713372

frankford arsenal scale. onsale at midwayusa.

anyone used one?
I have one that I bought a short while ago. I use it to set up and check by Dillon SDB powder measure. It works ok. It turns itself off pretty quickly, so you have to wait for it to restart. It comes with a little POS case, a test weight, a clear plastic cover and a little plastic tray. It is worth the money, but it ain't a workhorse.

SnWnMe
02-17-2007, 9:19 AM
Do you need this as a countercheck for your Lee turret?

If so then it's a good deal. You only have to check the powder charge dispensed once every coupla dozen rounds right?