PDA

View Full Version : L.A. swat team has 21 mp-5's stolen

quickstop
10-17-2011, 7:34 AM
The la times reports that the swat team had 21 mp-5 submachineguns stolen, but they were all converted to firing blanks:confused:, Bad enough that they were stolen, but all converted to blanks???? why? or are they just trying to quiet some fear because there just firing blanks (so they say)

OHW
10-17-2011, 7:42 AM
Inside job, who has info on where , when, how they are guarded.
Can't trust officers at all. Power corrupts.

TheExpertish
10-17-2011, 7:46 AM
Inside job, who has info on where , when, how they are guarded.
Can't trust officers at all. Power corrupts.

At all? Really? That's a pretty bold and ignorant statement IMO. Power can corrupt, but it is not a solid guarantee. If you mis-wrote and did not mean to be so broad then please correct me.

OHW
10-17-2011, 7:50 AM
Yes absolutely. Shall you detail your own indiscretions?

TheExpertish
10-17-2011, 7:58 AM
Yes absolutely. Shall you detail your own indiscretions?

You go first. What does that have to do with anything?

OHW
10-17-2011, 8:11 AM
I've only suffered at the hands of the badged bandits. You can try to kill me,assault me , rob me and the LEO in three counties will allow it. It is not a crime. LEO proved it in a dozen cases.

OHW
10-17-2011, 8:14 AM
I want your indisgressions as an LEO. You are LEO right? Or do you stick up for them because one has sold you weapons you could not buy otherwise?

Why dodge the OP? You trying to divert from the facts, only LEO could have stolen those weapons?

TheExpertish
10-17-2011, 8:19 AM
How have you suffered? Why are you threadjacking and turning this into yet ANOTHER anti-LEO thread for no good reason? Your English and writing skills leave much to be desired so I don't quite get what you are getting at. Do us all a favor and just cancel your account.

The la times reports that the swat team had 21 mp-5 submachineguns stolen, but they were all converted to firing blanks:confused:, Bad enough that they were stolen, but all converted to blanks???? why? or are they just trying to quiet some fear because there just firing blanks (so they say)

This is probably in the wrong forum and should be moved to general discussion. Regardless, they were guns converted for training purposes. I like how the article cites that a gun parts website had the parts needed to convert the guns back. HK-parts.net maybe, haha. I hope they get them back and that it does not end up being an inside job of some sort. Seems like a few bad decisions were made. However, I love how the media is using big scary words like "high-powered".
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-lapd-guns-missing-20111017,0,3752873.story

OHW
10-17-2011, 8:22 AM
Lookee here another LEO with a bad attitude to the truth.

Fess up , and comment on the OP or tell us how you abuse your power.

BroncoBob
10-17-2011, 8:37 AM
Oh this is not going well................ Better get in before the lock

jgraham15
10-17-2011, 8:39 AM
Oh this is not going well................ Better get in before the lock

Yep!

But the worst part is we have a bunch of MP5's on the streets now (not that we didn't before). :facepalm:

HK Dave
10-17-2011, 8:40 AM
IBTL

ICONIC
10-17-2011, 8:46 AM
In before the lock.

Wow this thread took a really wrong turn somewhere.

TheExpertish
10-17-2011, 8:47 AM
Yep!

But the worst part is we have a bunch of MP5's on the streets now (not that we didn't before). :facepalm:

Yeah, I'd reconsider going shooting with this OHW guy, if I were you. Nothing makes me feel safer than going shooting with a conspiracy theorist who think guys with badges want to do naughty things to him.

There is already a thread going on general gun discussion which is going better than this one. I'd say shut this one down for being a dupe on top of other things.

Rouge Recon
10-17-2011, 9:28 AM
They shot blanks? Were these Hollywood reserves? But I agree, corruption at play here.

Funbaby
10-17-2011, 9:32 AM
Ibtl

OHW
10-17-2011, 9:37 AM
"...Cork on a bayonet . I could get away with it because I am former LEO. " gads
Deep down you know this is just the tip Of the iceberg. You have no qualms about abuse of power.

Ubermcoupe
10-17-2011, 9:40 AM
IBTL. And this is the 3rd LAPD theft thread... I think ill go post in the C&R forum, maybe they havn't heard of it yet.

Uxi
What are the details of blank conversions for an MP5? How easily reversible would it be or not?

Knife Edge
I want your indisgressions as an LEO. You are LEO right?

There are good and bad LEO's, good and bad Calgunners and politicians everywhere.

pacifico23
10-17-2011, 10:21 AM
Ibtl.

I bilieve no one in power should ever be trusted. I have many problems with LEO actions as of late.. But OHW is off his rocker. Not all LEO are bad people. Manu are stand up people. And btw what kind of lifestyle do you live where you are getting robbed, beaten and people are trying to kill you in three counties? Scandoulous I say..

POLICESTATE
10-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Fast & Furious 2?

We give the cartels blank-firing guns instead?

dieselpower
10-17-2011, 10:23 AM
lock and a ban inbound. we dont have 1st A rights here my friend...LOL

HK Dave
10-17-2011, 10:26 AM
And the best part of it all is that the major city police chiefs are all for gun control (hence why Gov. Jerry Brown signed those idiotic bills into law)... they only want the cops and seemingly the criminals to have them... forget that it takes 30 minutes for the cops to show up when you dial 911... we are supposed to defend ourselves with stick and stones. ;)

BTW I have great respect for LEO that actually give a damn.

mike_the_wino
10-17-2011, 10:26 AM
Power can corrupt, but it is not a solid guarantee.
Actually, Lord Acton stated, "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

Only reason I know this is because I had to write a paper on this in high school.

and IBTL!

Group 4
10-17-2011, 10:27 AM
It's all a part of the DOJ's new program: Slow and Methodical

MARLANDO
10-17-2011, 10:31 AM
WOW!!

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5323/ibtl.jpg

dieselpower
10-17-2011, 10:32 AM
Actually, Lord Acton stated, "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

Only reason I know this is because I had to write a paper on this in high school.

and IBTL!

you are correct, the only historical figure that is said to have never corrupted his office was Jesus. Other than that men make mistakes and ultimately abuse the power they hold. Its a fact many do not want to believe since it sheds light on themselves and their doings.

There have been countless studies on it both Military and civilian. They all show those in power abuse it without realizing it. Even after being shown they can justify it and ignore it as "what was needed."