PDA

View Full Version : Trigger 'dilemma'

IPSICK
10-17-2011, 1:32 AM
Just got on track to build a .308 AR (purchased a lower) and I am now trying to decide on a trigger. The finalists for my build are the AR Gold and the Wilson TTU. I have an AR Gold for my AR-15 and love it but I am always open to try new gadgets so I am curious about the Wilson TTU.

I am wondering if there is anybody out there who shoots at either the Chabot, Richmond, or San Leandro Range and is willing to meet up and let me dry fire their Wilson TTU?

Before those of the Geissele collective start screaming just get a Geissele, I have to say that I already have a Geissele Super 3 Gun. The Geissele 'experience' and its accompanying 'disappointment' has prompted me to create this thread and try before I buy. It's not that I hate the Geissele, but it doesn't really compare to my experience with the AR Gold.

If you're curious to try either a Geissele S3G or AR Gold, I can bring mine for you to compare.

marktse
11-04-2011, 1:32 AM
i feel like ar-gold and wilson are the same in terms of being a 1911 based trigger system. They both have a similar feel except you can dial an ar-gold to 3 lbs and a TTU is a 4lb always. In terms of price they are the same so get the gold. Otherwise TTU is a good one. Have it in my ar-10 build. Awesome.

IPSICK
11-04-2011, 9:36 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I went ahead and splurged on an SR Gold (.308 version of AR Gold) for my build. The TTU was strongly considered but the secondary (intercepting) sear on the Gold beat out the half-cock notch feature on the TTU.

Btw, the Gold is a little more in price because besides costing $10 more retail, you could probably find discounts or vendors who sell the TTU for less than retail.