PDA

View Full Version : New to California and have a compensator Question

omegalopez71
10-16-2011, 10:51 PM
Hello I am new to OC and have a question. Is it legal to have a compensator on a handgun. I have a glock 34 with a KKM barrel with a comp and a G26 with a comp.

Thanks

brushfire21
10-16-2011, 11:01 PM
Ummmm open Carry ban is not in effect yet, and I'm trying to see what that has todo with the OP question? I took it as Orange County.....

To the best if my knowledge comp's are fine, but handguns with threaded barrels are a no go. Thank goodness someone makes slip on comps.

Syst3m Ov3rrid3
10-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Thought it said UOC for a second lol. Nevermind

Quiet
10-17-2011, 5:38 AM
Hello I am new to OC and have a question. Is it legal to have a compensator on a handgun. I have a glock 34 with a KKM barrel with a comp and a G26 with a comp.

Thanks

If your semi-auto pistol that accepts detachable magazines has a threaded barrel, then it's considered an "assault weapon" (state felony) under CA's semi-auto firearm ban.

To be CA legal...
The threaded barrel needs to be removed for the semi-auto pistol that accepts detachable magazines or the muzzle device needs to be permanently affixed to the threaded barrel or the semi-auto pistol must be modified so that it uses a fixed 10 round or less magazine.

Therefore...
If the compensators on your Glocks screw on to a threaded barrel, then you have several options:
Option A. Remove the threaded barrel from the Glock and never have it installed on your Glock while in CA.
Option B. Permanently install the compensator onto the threaded barrel.
Option C. File down the magazine release, so that it can only be operated by using a tool, and only use 10 round or less magazines in the pistol.