PDA

View Full Version : Submachine guns, handguns stolen from LAPD SWAT-training site

KaTooM
10-16-2011, 9:28 PM
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-lapd-guns-missing-20111017,0,3752873.story?track=rss

Thats gots to suck...

HK4113
10-16-2011, 9:30 PM
Someone is going to get yelled at.

Scratch705
10-16-2011, 9:30 PM
:facepalm: <- does not convey the amount fail of the people that decided that it was a good idea to store the guns there.

oh yea, it was most likely an inside job. unless when they were transporting the guns there, they made it real obvious.

bubbapug1
10-16-2011, 9:37 PM
And they have the balls to preach to us about firearm storage....no security system, no safe....no brains.

Stormfeather
10-16-2011, 9:38 PM
So. . . if someone has some underground contacts. . . Group Buy? :D

HK4113
10-16-2011, 9:40 PM

I would love an mp5

rob474
10-16-2011, 9:41 PM
i guess they weren't very secure after all

rysmithjr
10-16-2011, 9:53 PM
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-lapd-guns-missing-20111017,0,3752873.story

A cache of Los Angeles Police Department submachine guns and handguns was stolen last week from a secured building used by the department's SWAT unit, raising fears that the weapons, which police had altered to fire only blanks, could be converted back to lethal use, police officials confirmed.

Im Broken
10-16-2011, 9:57 PM
Me thinks inside job.

R-H
10-16-2011, 10:12 PM
That's why we need to ban gun's from law abiding citizens, so this type of thing can't happen! Oh I guess it did anyway, never mind.:facepalm:

KaTooM
10-16-2011, 10:13 PM
21 MP5's wow. Were do you sell such weapons? Converted to only shoot blanks?

WDE91
10-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Looking to sell in one lot
21 Mp5's
Pm me your offers :shifty:

NapaPlinker
10-16-2011, 10:32 PM
"Stolen" They were probably sold.

R-H
10-16-2011, 10:36 PM
"Stolen" They were probably sold.

Maybe for the Fullerton Police Defense Fund?

WDE91
10-16-2011, 10:43 PM
Maybe for the Fullerton Police Defense Fund?

naw they probably headed south as approved by Eric Holder:eek::(

10-16-2011, 10:48 PM
Ill take it

rrr70
10-16-2011, 10:54 PM
I feel safe now.

MAC USMC
10-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Methinks several LAPD careers are in very serious jeopardy about now. No excuse or reason will suffice - - heads must roll!

A similiar incident happened several years ago to San Diego Sheriff's Dept. SWAT when weapons were left in their deployment van while in for maintenance. SHTF by the ton.

militia_bob
10-16-2011, 10:57 PM
"The idea that nearly three dozen high-powered submachine guns and .45-caliber handguns"

Haha... when were 9 mm's considered high power?

Brianguy
10-16-2011, 10:59 PM
There are a bunch of stolen police weapons on the street. Is that enough for GC? :D

socalocalypse
10-16-2011, 11:01 PM
Group buy on mp5s? Count me in for one! Ill take it demilled as a parts kit!

Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

WDE91
10-16-2011, 11:06 PM
Group buy on mp5s? Count me in for one! Ill take it demilled as a parts kit!

Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

PM sent :shifty::43::eek:

Reductio
10-16-2011, 11:06 PM

Wait, they just stole them from SWAT and you think they're gonna just flip them over to the local gun shop? Eh, somehow....

nad24LA
10-16-2011, 11:09 PM
Somebody's got some splainin to do

KaTooM
10-16-2011, 11:12 PM
Wait, they just stole them from SWAT and you think they're gonna just flip them over to the local gun shop? Eh, somehow....

I supose they will fence them. I would break out in cold sweat and probably get collered just looking at said weapons.

It would be fun to shoot one just to say I did.

bubbapug1
10-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Group buy,......I'm in.

shamu415
10-16-2011, 11:20 PM
Probably on its way to the cartlels...

Some Guy
10-16-2011, 11:26 PM
...investigators with expertise in gun thefts...

I call prepostery.

johnthomas
10-16-2011, 11:32 PM
You sell them to the ATF, I hear they have connections south of the border.

G-forceJunkie
10-16-2011, 11:41 PM
This seems to happen every few years. Didnt a SWAT Suburban get its toys stolen out of it not too long ago while the guys were in a restraunt?

Peachdog
10-17-2011, 5:29 AM
Hey guys I found all these mp5's out in the desert... :D

Merc1138
10-17-2011, 5:34 AM
high-powered submachine guns

So now 9mm is "high-powered"? Damn media...

Ubermcoupe
10-17-2011, 6:02 AM
Hey guys I found all these mp5's out in the desert... :D
:Ivan:

yellowfin
10-17-2011, 7:02 AM
My guess is that the blank firing conversion bit is a total lie.

SilverBulletZ06
10-17-2011, 7:04 AM
Doesn't Cali have a law about your stolen firearms being not secure and the owners taking the heat for whats done with them?

Arisaka
10-17-2011, 7:17 AM
Do MP5's just have a blank firing adaptor like an AK or Galil? I doubt that there are any serious modifications to the guns. Shouldn't be hard to put them back to spec.

Shiboleth
10-17-2011, 7:41 AM
As a rule, Downing said, officers are not supposed to leave weapons unattended at the building. He added that "appropriate measures" had been taken in response to the gaffe but would not specify if anyone had been disciplined.

A gaffe huh? Nice to see it's being taken seriously.

geeknow
10-17-2011, 7:52 AM
I sure hope that this doesnt cause someone to push for legislation to no longer allow 'parts' to be bought/sold online or require the same to be 'transferred' through an ffl. Admittedly, this is a little bit tfh, but that is the first thought that popped in my head. I still dont understand why they (LE) didnt keep them secured at HQ...about a mile away...but instead chose to keep them at a quasi-secured and unmanned building...?

tozan
10-17-2011, 8:22 AM
This is an excellent example why Gun control does not work unless you disarm the police and government too... Oh wait that does not work either...

glockman19
10-17-2011, 8:22 AM
No excusese here that can pass muster....LE loose firearms...:laugh:

And not just any LE...the Elite SWAT...:eek:

How many of you transport your firearms to the range days before you go?...then leave them in something other than an "Approved" gun safe?

Answer: NONE

So...why are LE regularly exempt from laws we must all follow?

Looks like a change is needed in this policy.

1) either NO LE expemtion

...or

2) treat them like every other citizen.

No special class of citizenship

Boltz
10-17-2011, 8:25 AM
Do MP5's just have a blank firing adaptor like an AK or Galil? I doubt that there are any serious modifications to the guns. Shouldn't be hard to put them back to spec.

Yeah, in the Army converting a M16/M4 just meant putting a blank firing adapter over the flash suppressor and using blank rounds. I suppose that SWAT just wanted to make people feel safer that their stolen full-auto weapons were "converted" to only fire blanks.

OHW
10-17-2011, 8:31 AM
Geeknow is on track with how goverment operates. Same as F&F the goal is political. Force parts sales to be regulated.

TheExpertish
10-17-2011, 8:33 AM
"The idea that nearly three dozen high-powered submachine guns and .45-caliber handguns"

Haha... when were 9 mm's considered high power?

I know, huh?

I was wondering this as well. Doesn't make sense to me to turn $2500 guns into pop guns, but LA has money to burn, right?

A couple days ago, I wrote a post suggesting that we establish a fact-only database--no sarcasm or snide comments, as there are in this thread--of every instance of behavior by LEOs that would disqualify them from owning firearms or receiving LTC/CCW if they were mere peons like us.

The post was taken down in minutes (and not by me).

I guess they're the only ones professional enough . . .

:facepalm:

. . . no matter what they do.

Okay, and the purpose of that database would have been for what?

1859sharps
10-17-2011, 9:03 AM

for some reason I doubt it. I do think they are really emphasizing the blank fire modifications to down play things. But I actually believe them. odds are these were old guns that were "retired" and then altered for training purposes.

It all depends. I don't see why they couldn't use a similar device like to n the AK and M16. But they might have also done a "Hollywood" conversion to keep a more realistic look where a hex screw is bored out and then screwed inside the barrel. This can also mean opening up the ejection port and depending on the the firearm other possible minor modifications. nothing that wouldn't make it impossible to restore to full function with live ammo with little to no effort.

They might have gone the simunition route, which would require finding original parts to replace the simuntion parts.

regardless, odds are pretty good it will take little effort to restore to original functionality.

Rhythm of Life
10-17-2011, 9:03 AM
Aren't police supposed to be the responsible and professional type of people?

Fire anyone with contact with those weapons.

If my poorly trained civilian mind can keep track of 11 firearms I'd think some high speed low drag operators could manage remembering where they put their 20 some guns.

Kharn
10-17-2011, 9:13 AM
WTB: 21 MP5 blank-to-live conversion kits.
I lost the original parts in a boating accident...

Untamed1972
10-17-2011, 9:30 AM
The idea that nearly three dozen high-powered submachine guns and .45-caliber handguns could make their way onto the black market or be put to use by criminals worried LAPD officials enough that they notified law enforcement agencies in the region.

Is "high-powered submachine gun" kind of an oxymoron?

I like how the article calls the loss of 3 dozen fully automatic weapons "a gaffe". Like it is somehow akin to leaving your coffee cup on the roof of the car or something. :facepalm:

So when LAPD loses 3 dozen FA guns its "a gaffe". When an ordinary citizen has their home broken into an a gun stolen it's because of their gross negligence and they should be crucified for it.

rrr70
10-17-2011, 9:30 AM
...investigators with expertise in gun thefts...

I call prepostery.

Well, they do know how to steal guns from people.

bubbapug1
10-17-2011, 9:32 AM
Its a five minute conversion to change the guns back to fully auto for bullets.

The appropriate disciplinary action would be no less than termination to the persons who left them unsecured.

What would the civil charges against a civilian be at this point (this will get worse) if someone left guns out in the open and they were stolen?

Untamed1972
10-17-2011, 9:36 AM
Its a five minute conversion to change the guns back to fully auto for bullets.

The appropriate disciplinary action would be no less than termination to the persons who left them unsecured.

What would the civil charges against a civilian be at this point (this will get worse) if someone left guns out in the open and they were stolen?

Not to mention some possible federal NFA violations for improper storage of NFA registered weapons.

chead
10-17-2011, 9:37 AM
They probably just got lazy and ****ed up.

riderof204
10-17-2011, 10:07 AM
"The idea that nearly three dozen high-powered submachine guns and .45-caliber handguns could..."

WOW! MP5's now come in a now come in a high-powered version! Stupid reporter.

cmaynes
10-17-2011, 10:13 AM

they probably had bore restrictors installed.

cannon
10-17-2011, 10:13 AM
This is just embarrassing to L.A.P.D.

cmaynes
10-17-2011, 10:18 AM
the story account seems to suggest the thieves had a good idea of where they need to go and what they needed to get through to get the weapons. It doesnt seem they were left in the backseat of a convertable, but I would think this would be an Federal crime due to the NFA issues..... glad to see the DOJ will be involved.

LordThrash
10-17-2011, 10:20 AM
Those are full auto mp5s that can be converted to fire live ammo in ten seconds. Just remove the blank firing device that snaps on the muzzle.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-MP5-Blank-Firing-Adapter-Used-p853.htm

slam128
10-17-2011, 10:26 AM
"They did not install an alarm system or surveillance cameras." - Sounds to me like someone knew about this and knew exactly where to find the guns....hmm...

tbhracing
10-17-2011, 10:26 AM
If I get my hands on one of these submachine guns, would it be easy to swap out the bullet button for then I move out of state with it?

:D

MolonLabe2008
10-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Hmmm. California's own gun-walker scandal.

Neil McCauley
10-17-2011, 10:35 AM
So....how do you take off mp5 blank adapters? :shifty:

bodger
10-17-2011, 10:54 AM
Charlie Beck will hold a press conference and claim that there has been a mistake, there was no break-in, and that these weapons were actually lost in an unfortunate boating accident.

Flopper
10-17-2011, 11:11 AM
Not to mention some possible federal NFA violations for improper storage of NFA registered weapons.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought full-auto weapons owned by LEA's were exempt from the tax stamp, and therefore not in the NFA registry.

Also-I thought the only restrictions placed on them are that they are only to be used by and in possession of authorized LEO's in the legit course and scope of their duties.

Are there ANY storage requirements for FA LE weapons??

jermzzzzzzz
10-17-2011, 11:16 AM
That is F@#$EN ridiculous!

ke6guj
10-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought full-auto weapons owned by LEA's were exempt from the tax stamp, and therefore not in the NFA registry.

Also-I thought the only restrictions placed on them are that they are only to be used by and in possession of authorized LEO's in the legit course and scope of their duties.

Are there ANY storage requirements for FA LE weapons??LEA NFA firearms, including Flash Bangs, are in the NFA registry, but are transfered to them tax-exempt.

Flopper
10-17-2011, 12:23 PM
LEA NFA firearms, including Flash Bangs, are in the NFA registry, but are transfered to them tax-exempt.

Thank you for the clarification.

Utha Schleigle
10-17-2011, 1:43 PM
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-lapd-guns-missing-20111017,0,3752873.story

Smells like some inside info was leaked to gang member or cartel {my wilde guess - personal opinion} Guns probably headed out of state or to south of the border. Then convert to live fire guns.

Watch out for people wanting parts or gunsmithing for these guns. Everyone is going to be looking for these - with

21 HK MP5 - full auto - LE ONLY - coverted to fire blanks -

12 45 automatic pistols - converted to fire blanks - may have early report - info 80%

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of coare give info to number in the article - but maybe because this could be an information leak - call the LA SHERIFFS first. Trust no one - stay free - say alive.

Merc1138
10-17-2011, 1:48 PM
:dupe: and I'm not even going to bother linking the original, it's a whole 6 threads down.

Clownpuncher
10-17-2011, 2:04 PM
If I had to guess, the guns weren't modified to fire blanks. I don't envision swat running around with BFA's shooting pop caps.

They were probably modified to shoot simunition. http://simunition.com/en

Either way, they can be modified back to original configuration in a short time. but, if they were configured to Simunition they would need parts.

timdps
10-17-2011, 2:20 PM

Even if it isn't, its usually not hard to reverse the process.

Looks like LA SWAT has joined in with the Fast and Furious folks, providing machine guns to criminals in this country, instead of Mexico.

A: "Oh noes, the bad guys have machine guns!"

B: "How could they get machine guns in California? Aren't they illegal in this state?"

A: "LA SWAT provided the bad guys with machine guns."

B: "We're screwed..."

warbird
10-17-2011, 4:10 PM
Any comments from the Brady campaign? Bet not. If the cops can't secure their own building and protect their own weapons how are they going to protect us? and I am betting nobody is going to get fired or demoted over this but whoever leaked the story is probably toast.

five.five-six
10-17-2011, 5:05 PM
Methinks several LAPD careers are in very serious jeopardy about now. No excuse or reason will suffice - - heads must roll!

the union would never let anyone get any more than a paid vacation for this

jyo
10-17-2011, 5:23 PM
Sure looks like an inside job---just watched police spokesman on TV explain how difficult it would be to convert them back to shoot live ammo---I think if you have a bolt, barrel and perhaps a couple of springs, you could probably switch 'em back in three or four minutes.

aileron
10-17-2011, 5:27 PM
How many of you really believe they have 21 mp5's that shoot only blanks?

Arisaka
10-17-2011, 5:42 PM
Sooo.... "harmless" blank firing subguns + crescent wrench = a pile of full auto subguns i the hands of criminals..... Gun control should be pronounced officially dead. Isn't the line "if they weren't so easy to get, criminals wouldn't have them"? So much for that....

five.five-six
10-17-2011, 5:47 PM
Sooo.... "harmless" blank firing subguns + crescent wrench = a pile of full auto subguns i the hands of criminals..... Gun control should be pronounced officially dead. Isn't the line "if they weren't so easy to get, criminals wouldn't have them"? So much for that....

you are not really much of a gun person.... are you?

Cuerno_de_Chivo
10-17-2011, 5:59 PM
El Chapo is probably shooting his new Mp5s at steel targets as we speak.

Arisaka
10-17-2011, 6:23 PM
You've got to be kidding me, five.five-six. I'm saying that the argument that gun control makes firearms harder for criminals to come by is proven completely retarded by incidents like this. Criminals steal weapons, gun control doesn't work. Geez man, I'm hosting a build party next month. Guess I'm an anti...

Steve1968LS2
10-17-2011, 6:26 PM
You've got to be kidding me, five.five-six. I'm saying that the argument that gun control makes firearms harder for criminals to come by is proven completely retarded by incidents like this. Criminals steal weapons, gun control doesn't work. Geez man, I'm hosting a build party next month. Guess I'm an anti...

And add in that criminals can smuggle in TONS of drugs.. would it be that tough for them to smuggle in some guns even if every gun in the US was banned and confiscated?

The whole concept is stupid.

Arisaka
10-17-2011, 6:36 PM
Yep. If crooks have FA, I want FA.

tozan
10-17-2011, 6:57 PM
Are there ANY storage requirements for FA LE weapons??

None that I know of other than my FA has to be in my control if it is not in my house. Mine is stored in a friends house in Florida. If it is in my house I can do what ever I want with it, only limits would be who has access to it. There are no requirements on locking it up.

five.five-six
10-17-2011, 7:17 PM
Geez man, I'm hosting a build party next month. Guess I'm an anti...

and how many adjustable end wrenches are you going to use at that party?

strike that, you are making AK's

Mickey D
10-17-2011, 7:27 PM
They are being sold in San Jose, now at local taco trucks.

den888
10-17-2011, 7:55 PM
Embarrassing, no other way to describe the situation.

repubconserv
10-17-2011, 8:01 PM
No excusese here that can pass muster....LE loose firearms...:laugh:

And not just any LE...the Elite SWAT...:eek:

How many of you transport your firearms to the range days before you go?...then leave them in something other than an "Approved" gun safe?

Answer: NONE

So...why are LE regularly exempt from laws we must all follow?

Looks like a change is needed in this policy.

1) either NO LE expemtion

...or

2) treat them like every other citizen.

No special class of citizenship

isn't that the same thing?

m98
10-17-2011, 11:28 PM
This is why i'm 1000% against the militarization of police. This is why so much tax dollars go to waste. Is our leo's fighting gun battles everyday like in mexico? Why does the le departments such screw ups and the good folks of kommifornia ends up payin for it both in taxes and our 2A freedoms.

Bobby Hated
10-18-2011, 7:20 AM
if this aint an inside job i'm mickey mouse. i'd put my money on those mp5's turning up in mexico.

yellowfin
10-18-2011, 7:53 AM
My guess is they're not going to Mexico, they're going to several folks' mountain cabin, lake house, or beach house, as a nice retirement perk.

glockman19
10-18-2011, 8:13 AM
isn't that the same thing?

Yes they are...that was the rhetorical suggestion...

Lies...Lies....Lies...

I read the paper today where the LAPD is going out of their way to convince the public that these weapons are inoperable and difficult to convert to a functional firearm....Lies...Lies...Lies...

Hmmm....LE not telling the truth....:rolleyes: :eek: :(

I wonder what the public would say it they knew the truth.

I hope some news outlet does a demonstration on how easy it really is to convert to fully auto.

m98
10-18-2011, 12:04 PM

Lies...Lies....Lies...

I read the paper today where the LAPD is going out of their way to convince the public that these weapons are inoperable and difficult to convert to a functional firearm....Lies...Lies...Lies...

I hope some news outlet does a demonstration on how easy it really is to convert to fully auto.

It would never happen. The news media is on the same side as the le dept. They are both on the same page. They are both against our 2a rights. They are butt brothers.

Should we put all our trust in our local pd's? Not me. Not at all.

repubconserv
10-18-2011, 1:32 PM

Lies...Lies....Lies...

sorry, my brain obviously was not functioning at the moment :o

yoko
10-18-2011, 2:13 PM
I heard LAPD SWAT would buy back each of their stolen MP5s for $150.00 worth of groceries/gift card with no questions asked.

Kavey
10-18-2011, 3:48 PM
The LAPD loves the limelight.

Since they were becoming jealous over all of the attention ATF has been getting recently, the LAPD decided to stage their own version of Fast and Furious.

The media hogs!

glockman19
10-18-2011, 4:03 PM
Hey look Ma....an MP5 field stripped with no tools...:)

W-A_9XUGgec

How about those colt .45's?

w7flz_JPCYk

So easy a kid could do it...in less than 3 min.

So...because these are military firearms they are made to be serviced in the field with little or no tools...

...finally...MP5 blank firing adaptor $81 at HKparts.net :

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-Factory-German-MP5-Blank-Firing-Adapter-152p853.htm

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/catalog/mp5blankfiringadapter_1976_general.jpghttp://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/catalog/mp5blankfiringadapter-4_805_general.jpg

This does not permanently disable the firearm.

1911 Blank firing adaptor $19:
http://entreprise.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=33
http://entreprise.com/images/qflhblk.GIF

MrExel17
10-18-2011, 4:13 PM

I'll take a UMP please!

StupidMoFo
10-18-2011, 5:50 PM
How many of you really believe they have 21 mp5's that shoot only blanks?

quoted for truth!!!

1859sharps
10-18-2011, 6:27 PM
There is really no reason to believe they don't have a few mp5s that have been blank adapted for training purposes.

But again, they are undoubtedly playing up this status to try and prevent "panic in the streets".

all though anyone who knows anything about blank adapting understands that it's next to no effort to reverse.

tyrist
10-18-2011, 8:45 PM
The gun don't fire blanks they fire simunitions. The plastic paint filled rounds. To convert the gun back would require the replacement of several components. You would need somebody with some skill as a gunsmith.

Watters Edge Design
10-18-2011, 9:39 PM
WOW scary!

Utha Schleigle
10-18-2011, 9:42 PM
Now if they find these guns in a "NORMAL" persons possession or if a gunsmith or gun entusieast have worked on them - ____________ "THEY" will blame normal gunowners.

The goverment will not blame the LAPD.
The goverment will not blame the crooks.

The goverment will blame LEGAL GUN OWNERS

The MEDIA will not blame the LAPD.
The MEDIA will not blame the crooks.

THE media will Blame LEGAL GUN OWNERS

I think the guns are already out of state or ready to ship to MEXICO along with a 20 foot container of cash. Probably planned out and conversion parts allready bought.

I do not want this FUBAR to be turned to iinto propaganda for ANTI GUN --------s !!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And come on - San pedro street downtown LA - skidd row - no alarm - no cameras - the break in happens only on the night the guns are left in the building. WOOOOF this smells - no member here would leave an AIRSOFT gun behind like this.

glockman19
10-19-2011, 8:42 AM
The gun don't fire blanks they fire simunitions. The plastic paint filled rounds. To convert the gun back would require the replacement of several components. You would need somebody with some skill as a gunsmith.

No they don't require a gunsmith...

HKMP5
http://simunition.com/en/products/conversion_kits/3-submachine-guns/40-hk-mp5-sd-9mm
http://simunition.com/upload/products/conversion_kits/hk_mp5-sd9mm.jpghttp://simunition.com/upload/products/conversion_kits/hk_mp5_9mm.jpghttp://simunition.com/upload/products/conversion_kits/hk_mp5k_mp5ka4.jpg

Here's the one for the 1911, Glock, Beretta, HK, sig, S&W...
http://simunition.com/en/products/conversion_kits/1-pistols
http://simunition.com/upload/products/conversion_kits/_83.jpg

Tools and Gunsmith not needed...:)

They even come provide instructional video's :D

Noonanda
10-19-2011, 3:43 PM
I love how they keep refering to these as "High power weapons".
While they are submachine guns, they are not high powered. a 9mm firing MP-5 has a approximate Muzzle velocity(MV) of 1300 Feet per second (FPS), while a .22Long rifle which is a lot smaller cartridge has a MV of approximately of 1400 FPS. 7.62 Nato has a MV of 2750 FPS, and a 5.56 Cartridge has a MV of approx 3100 FPS. So while that pistol firing MP-5 can be deadly, they are making it sound like a 50 Caliber M-2 Machinegun was stolen which is designed to cause an emotional response not based on "logic" or "facts"

El Larry
10-19-2011, 4:01 PM
When I read the story, the scene from Super Troopers where the Capt. yellin at em came to mind.......Shennanigans! Incompetance, plain and simple.