PDA

View Full Version : polish milled 1960 ak or arsenal sgl 21

kingfamous
10-15-2011, 9:44 PM
going to pull the trigger this week. Can't decide on the arsenal sgl 21 or the 1960 polish milled ak. Any thoughts from the experts... pro's and con's.

killshot44
10-15-2011, 10:05 PM
Well, you can get one any day of the week and the 1960?
Not so much.

ZX-10R
10-16-2011, 1:20 PM
Polsih...Killshot hit it on the nail...Get the one that is way more difficult to get. Or you will end up like me chasing a Yug0 M70. I just purchased a CAI Polish UF...The one I got to check out was extremely well made. It is my 5th CAI gun and all the others were shooters. Arsenal is our customer and I still have not gotten the itch now will I ever get the itch to get one. I would rather get AKs from all over the world like: Romanians, Polish, Yugo, Bulgy, China, etc. Others are wayyyyy harder to find but that is because we are in CA.

CSACANNONEER
10-16-2011, 1:26 PM
Why is this even a question? There are so many better options than supporting Arsenal and their long history of keeping firearms out of the hands of Californian.

kingfamous
10-16-2011, 2:16 PM
Thanks, good to know. Im pretty new to firearms here in CA. Did not know that about Arsenal. I was leaning toward the polish anyway.

CSACANNONEER
10-16-2011, 2:39 PM
On Arsenal's behalf, last year they went ahead and changed their policy but, they never apologized for their long anti Ca policy. They obviously are not sorry but decided that they were missing out on California money so, they were "happy to anounce" that they would start allowing Caifornians to give them money and, in return, they would no longer threaten every one of their distributors with cutting off supply if they were found selling a legally configured gun to California. For me, although it is a step in the right dirrection, it's not enough. They really needed to publicly anounce that they were sorry for misunderstanding California gun laws and maybe given Californians a special discount for a little while. There old policy was looked at by many other FFLs and manufacturers as the final word in AKs being illegal in California. It took a lot more time and energy to get FFLs throughout the country to realize that it was legal to send AKs here. Had they just stated that it was their policy and not illegal, it would have saved California gun owners thousands of dollars and countless hours of hard work.

ZX-10R
10-16-2011, 4:02 PM
Thanks, good to know. Im pretty new to firearms here in CA. Did not know that about Arsenal. I was leaning toward the polish anyway.

Good choice.

Arsenal is not bad, I just think it is a bit more than I want to spend on an AK that will shoot the same group as a cheap AK.

The Polish will be more desirable after a while.

m03
10-16-2011, 4:25 PM
Buy both :)

kingfamous
10-16-2011, 6:51 PM
yeah, let me check my lotto numbers from last night! :facepalm:

SJgunguy24
10-16-2011, 9:13 PM
Well, you can get one any day of the week and the 1960?
Not so much.

Meh, neither.

ZX-10R
10-17-2011, 6:53 AM
going to pull the trigger this week. Can't decide on the arsenal sgl 21 or the 1960 polish milled ak. Any thoughts from the experts... pro's and con's.

As I have said to others searching for AK info...Calguns is a Saiga fanboy forum...So beware the info you get here regarding AKs. People here will probably tell you to get a Saiga over a Yugo which is NOT the answer. Go join a few sites that are AK specific and get your answers. If my job is to just get more AK shooters informed about what is out there then I did a lot helping you.

Handle both with your eyes closed...No one here could differentiate the two except by feel on the receiver. Shhh CGNSaiga.net won't tell you that.

ZX-10R
10-17-2011, 7:55 AM
Read...As I said most of the experts here have probably never handled the Polish let alone shot one. Do your research OP. You owe it to yourself.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83831&highlight=underfolder

NorCalK9.com
10-17-2011, 12:44 PM
Screw @ssenol! Milled will be nice but it will be heavy too!
theres alot of ak pattern rifles out there that would be better and cost less then the sgl's