PDA

View Full Version : .....

neomentat
10-15-2011, 9:05 PM

zfields
10-15-2011, 9:06 PM
CA has never said anything official, ATF does not consider them foregrip though If I remember correctly.

ExtremeX
10-15-2011, 9:09 PM
Ive been looking into this a lot of AR pistols and featureless... It just seems to be a gray area.

I guess if LE officer wanted to be a hard ***** about it, you may have to fight it. From what I see, the general consensus is that its not the same as a vertical grip and many use it...

Personally I try to stay away from gray area items, just to avoid the trouble.

Someone correct me if im wrong, because I would also love a solid answer on this.

starsnuffer
10-15-2011, 9:51 PM
I dont' believe anyone has been convicted of an AW felony for having one on a featureless build.

If you're looking for "proof" that they are legal, there is no such thing. California law does not tell you what is legal, only what is not legal.

It's probably a bad idea to use them on a gun you plan to commit a crime with, or even a gun you plan on using to defend yourself with. As a range toy though, I'd rather push the limits of the law rather then run safely into it's spiny embrace.

Please note that this is an internet forum and this post is an opinion, if you want legal advice, contact a lawyer.

-W

MrPlink
10-15-2011, 10:53 PM
If you're looking for "proof" that they are legal, there is no such thing. California law does not tell you what is legal, only what is not legal.

thats only half of the story. Truth be told you cant even take what is written in the PC to be the final word, what you need is a case law, and in this particular case (no pun intended) there is no case law!

This has been discussed endlessly here though.
I do not believe it to be an evil feature, but there are plenty who do, valid arguments on either end, but no case law ='s nobody can say for sure

Fate
10-16-2011, 4:07 PM
Please feel free to be the test case. We need answers!

BANG BANG
10-16-2011, 11:07 PM
Ive been looking into this a lot of AR pistols and featureless... It just seems to be a gray area.

I guess if LE officer wanted to be a hard ***** about it, you may have to fight it. From what I see, the general consensus is that its not the same as a vertical grip and many use it...

Personally I try to stay away from gray area items, just to avoid the trouble.

Someone correct me if im wrong, because I would also love a solid answer on this.

I read that on an AR pistol it good to go, there is an ATF letter if I remember correctly.

But nothing yet on a featureless build

MrPlink
10-17-2011, 12:50 AM
I read that on an AR pistol it good to go, there is an ATF letter if I remember correctly.

But nothing yet on a featureless build

AR pistol by nature is mag locked anyways, so it would not matter even if the same laws applied (which they dont)