PDA

View Full Version : Beware seller "who4u" on Gunbroker

John Browning
10-15-2011, 4:36 PM
This guy seems to me to be bat-guano nuts. I emailed him a simple question about shipping to a C&R holder and got an initial reply that was just rude and dismissive. When I tried to point out the benefits of knowing what is legal and how it can benefit him as a seller (i.e. I will buy things from you and give you money) he flew off the handle.

I almost bought a Colt Army Special and a Smith 27 from him. His ranting tirade made me glad I didn't, because if anything didn't go smoothly I would be very worried to have to rely on him for anything.

Anyway, beware.

Is there a way to get Gunbroker to remove a seller from ever showing up in your search?

berg
10-15-2011, 8:51 PM
This guy seems to me to be bat-guano nuts. I emailed him a simple question about shipping to a C&R holder and got an initial reply that was just rude and dismissive. When I tried to point out the benefits of knowing what is legal and how it can benefit him as a seller (i.e. I will buy things from you and give you money) he flew off the handle.

I almost bought a Colt Army Special and a Smith 27 from him. His ranting tirade made me glad I didn't, because if anything didn't go smoothly I would be very worried to have to rely on him for anything.

Anyway, beware.

Is there a way to get Gunbroker to remove a seller from ever showing up in your search?

What a nightmare of a seller.

You can filter bad sellers by name by using the advanced search http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SearchForm.aspx Under "Words to Exclude" type in the seller's member name.

Apec
10-15-2011, 9:05 PM
These guys really don't want customers. Guess they really want their business to fold. Last dealer I bought from on Gunbroker was willing to accommodate me and take the included standard cap mag and break it down into a rebuild kit.

John Browning
10-16-2011, 6:02 PM
Some guys just don't want money. This dude won't ship to CA, he won't ship to a C&R, and he's flat out said that he doesn't care to learn the law. On top of that he's sold like 100 guns this year and by his own admission isn't an FFL.

About 9/10ths of me wants to report him to the ATF for dealing without a license, just because he's such a dick.

jwb28
10-16-2011, 6:46 PM
Don't worry you just did. Someone from ATF or some other .GOV do gooder will be along shortly.
Pardon me while I readjust my tinfoil.

Some guys just don't want money. This dude won't ship to CA, he won't ship to a C&R, and he's flat out said that he doesn't care to learn the law. On top of that he's sold like 100 guns this year and by his own admission isn't an FFL.

About 9/10ths of me wants to report him to the ATF for dealing without a license, just because he's such a dick.

Apec
10-16-2011, 7:01 PM
Lmao. Time for my not-so-hot gunbroker experience, which happened in the last 10 minutes.

So I just won an auction for a USP 45f 10 round magazine and the seller stated that any interested buyers may contact him if they want to buy additional mags.

Auction closed at $34.99, title and description state free shipping. Guy takes paypal, and I play along and go with the discreet personal option, which means there should be zero fees on his end unless he was caught playing the system excessively. When I inquire about the costs of a second mag, he emails me

How about $32 the second one additional. Then $30 for the 3rd and 4th ones.

Yeah, simple math. If I'm buying two mags, that's 34.99 + 32.00 according to his pricing structure above, for a total of $66.99.

Well after sending paypal, he tells me this:
The paypal total is $68.88.
Bait and switch huh?

I decided to go ahead and send him an additional 2.00$ to cover it. Yeah I probably shouldn't have, but in my mind it was the "f- you" tax. After he confirms receipt, I will be grilling him on that.

supersonic
10-16-2011, 9:46 PM
I don't know about YOU guys, but I am going over to GB right now to find that idiot. I think I'll ask him a question regarding C&R & California (and a few other things). I sometimes enjoy stirring up S*** when it is well deserved!:D