PDA

View Full Version : Why 2hr for PPT @ Turners?

JAGGUY
10-15-2011, 4:38 PM
I attempted to do a PPT at Turners RC today. Manager said that due to how Turners computers are networked it might take up to 2 hours to get the PPT done.
I did a PPT there a couple months ago and it took 45 min to get the computer to respond, I remember commenting about them being on "dial-up"

Since the fellow that was buying had traveled a fairly long distance I suggested we go to Ammo Bros down the street. They had no computer "lag" at all and was done in short order....

Is it like this at all Turners for PPT of just RC? The store was almost empty today and it didn't look like there was anyone else doing a DROS at the time.

I have purchased a few guns there and there were no delays, but was told a PPT is different.

Just really inconvenient

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-17-2011, 2:53 PM
I attempted to do a PPT at Turners RC today. Manager said that due to how Turners computers are networked it might take up to 2 hours to get the PPT done.
I did a PPT there a couple months ago and it took 45 min to get the computer to respond, I remember commenting about them being on "dial-up"

Since the fellow that was buying had traveled a fairly long distance I suggested we go to Ammo Bros down the street. They had no computer "lag" at all and was done in short order....

Is it like this at all Turners for PPT of just RC? The store was almost empty today and it didn't look like there was anyone else doing a DROS at the time.

I have purchased a few guns there and there were no delays, but was told a PPT is different.

Just really inconvenient

We are in the final process of testing a new software system. We have many reasons for getting a new system but the biggest one is that we have had numerous issues with our current POS software that have affected our customers. It's not the network- all of our stores are DSL (or T1)- it's just the software processing.

We are also rolling out a work-around in the meantime so that the seller/buyer in a PPT can get most everything done independent of the system and be on their way, leaving the computer processing until later if the system is slow or buggy that day.