PDA

View Full Version : Will the TangoDown battle grip fit magpul trigger guard?

Nismo
10-15-2011, 8:58 AM
Thinking of trying the large BG-17 battlegrip that has the duckbill gap thing that fills the gap in the trigger guard.

I have a Magpul enhanced trigger guard and was wondering if this will get in the way of the grip?

$P-Ritch$
10-15-2011, 9:10 AM
I do not know if it will fit, but the beauty of high impact polymer add-ons is that you can trim a file them to a perfect custom fit. If you somehow mess up you are not out a great deal of money.

Nismo
10-15-2011, 9:14 AM
I may give it a try. Right now I have a MIAD and it fits perfect but it still leaves a gap and the edges of the lower hurts my middle finger. The tab on the BattleGrip covers it and should be better.

0351USMC
10-15-2011, 11:23 AM
it will fit..becuase I have exact setup

Nismo
10-16-2011, 2:59 AM
Do you have the regular battle grip or the large version? How do you like it?

RRichie09
10-16-2011, 3:21 AM
I may give it a try. Right now I have a MIAD and it fits perfect but it still leaves a gap and the edges of the lower hurts my middle finger. The tab on the BattleGrip covers it and should be better.

Someone had a similar problem and it turned out they didn't install their MAID correctly. Can you post a picture of the gap?

I have the enhanced (alum.) TG and MAID and I have no problems whatsoever.

Nismo
10-16-2011, 5:19 AM
Someone had a similar problem and it turned out they didn't install their MAID correctly. Can you post a picture of the gap?

I have the enhanced (alum.) TG and MAID and I have no problems whatsoever.

Its either my MIAD is slightly off or my lower has slightly longer ears where the trigger guard roll pin goes in. You can see how the corners of the ears are slightly off where the corners are rubbing my middle finger. Its even more pronounced with the standard a2 grip but for some reason I think the A2 grip hurts less as the finger bump thing helps me hold it up and puts less pressure on my knuckle. Im hoping the battle grip will cover that space since it has that tab thing on it. I just wish Magpul made a grip with a gapper feature and it would be perfect IMO.

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/7720/sdc10477r.jpg

dascoyne
10-16-2011, 7:45 AM
I think Magpul does have a frontstrap insert for their MIAD with an integral trigger guard. In fact, I just might have one lying around.

Nismo
10-16-2011, 7:55 AM
I think Magpul does have a frontstrap insert for their MIAD with an integral trigger guard. In fact, I just might have one lying around.

I have one too, it came with the MIAD grip, but I feel that its just a bandage for the problem rather than a solution. I will give the Battle grip a try and if not, I'll go back to the MIAD and leave it as that.

Colt-45
10-16-2011, 8:20 AM
Op, it will fit, you might have to bend the trigger guard section of the grip a little bit with some pliers before setting it in though.

Nismo
10-16-2011, 8:27 AM
Thanks. Yea, I figured that or either sand it down a little. Im pretty good with fabricating so I'll find some way to get it to fit.

If not, like I said, I'll just go back to the MIAD and deal with it.

kmrtnsn
10-16-2011, 9:49 AM
I have the BG-17 with a Magpul trigger guard. It fits just fine.

Nismo
10-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Thanks. I just ordered the BG-16 regular and I'll see how it goes.