PDA

View Full Version : Silly questions for no knowledge of rifles??

NYY
10-14-2011, 7:54 PM
Dont hide it, we all werent BORN with this knowledge we spread on CalGuns.. What were some questions or thoughts you looked up maybe on google (or way earlier before google existed..for a small amount of you..) that you had, before you knew anything about rifles? For example, with me, a couple years ago I just finished up my AR and wanted an AK. i remember i went to google and typed in "AK mid-length upper receiver" hahaha!!

bloodhawke83
10-14-2011, 7:56 PM
they make those.

jdouglas
10-14-2011, 8:20 PM
Back when I was new to firearms I remember asking a friend of mine how the 223/5.56 round could be all that much more powerful than a 22. (I mean, it's only a tiny bit bigger, right?) Back in those days I used to think that the ONLY thing that determined the power behind a bullet was the caliber. :-D Yep, we all had to start somewhere.

Ubermcoupe
10-14-2011, 9:21 PM
"What's an OLL"
"What's a bullet button"
"difference between .223 & 5.56"
"What's Multi-Cal?"
"Can I buy a Colt Lower"
"What's MOA?"
"What's an AR wrench?"
ad finem

and any acronym that was in use on Calguns...

"How do I leave iTrader feedback" took me awhile to figure out. :facepalm:

CSACANNONEER
10-14-2011, 9:51 PM
I got my first rifle at the age of 12. Al Gore hadn't even invented :rolleyes: the internet yet. My dumbest questions were asked decades before google or any search engine was even a concept.

Shellshocker66
10-15-2011, 6:57 AM
I got my first rifle at the age of 12. Al Gore hadn't even invented :rolleyes: the internet yet. My dumbest questions were asked decades before google or any search engine was even a concept.

This! For the most part, I started shooting young and my 12th birthday (which I started begging a year before for it) I got my first 10/22. I learned on my own how to clean it, take care of it, how to shoot it, and what ammo got my best shoots. Well once that door was opened to having one, you know what my allowances saved for, and off went my poor mother to buy more.

Now I admit to using the internet a lot these days to learn new things. If a gun I know nothing about interests me, I go start the search on reviews, how to convert/upgrade, and so on.

shark92651
10-15-2011, 7:22 AM
This thread would be a lot more fun in the context of dumb things customers have said/asked at the shop ;)

We had a customer bring his newly purchased AR back into the shop with his buddy, the "AK expert". His buddy said the charging handle was missing while pointing at the ejection port. I grabbed the charging handle at the back of the receiver and pulled it back and released it. The look those two gave each other at that point was priceless :D

Uriah02
10-15-2011, 7:27 AM
We had a customer bring his newly purchased AR back into the shop with his buddy, the "AK expert". His buddy said the charging handle was missing while pointing at the ejection port. I grabbed the charging handle at the back of the receiver and pulled it back and released it. The look those two gave each other at that point was priceless :D

Keep'em coming! :rofl:

jdouglas
10-15-2011, 7:46 AM
Y'know, it's almost scary that someone would own an AR15 and not know even the basics of operation (thankfully they never knew how to chamber a round in the first place). :D I mean, I did all kinds of research before I got my rifle, and basically knew it inside and out before I even bought it.

21SF
10-15-2011, 7:56 AM
Dont hide it, we all werent BORN with this knowledge we spread on CalGuns.. What were some questions or thoughts you looked up maybe on google (or way earlier before google existed..for a small amount of you..) that you had, before you knew anything about rifles? For example, with me, a couple years ago I just finished up my AR and wanted an AK. i remember i went to google and typed in "AK mid-length upper receiver" hahaha!!

Don't lie that was today...lol

tomd1584
10-15-2011, 7:59 AM
I never asked it, But I love reading this one

"I just built my AR, and took it shooting for the first time today! But when I got home I noticed these gold colored marks on the upper....I think somethings wrong!"

CSACANNONEER
10-15-2011, 8:31 AM
I never asked it, But I love reading this one

"I just built my AR, and took it shooting for the first time today! But when I got home I noticed these gold colored marks on the upper....I think somethings wrong!"

With the price of gold today, I'm still trying to figure out what the problem is.:confused:

SR-71 BLACKBIRD
10-15-2011, 8:53 AM
I still feel silly for asking this one.....

"My question is, what is the difference between a .750 and .625 gas seat?"

This was my favorite response to my question, LOL.

"About an 1/8" of an inch."

redking
10-15-2011, 10:10 AM
How to reload without primers or bullets.

:)

CrossedRifles
10-15-2011, 10:26 AM
"How do I install a mil spec. Stock onto a mil spec. Tube?"

*Fiddles around with stock for a second*

"EDIT : It's okay guys I got it now."

:facepalm:

NYY
10-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Don't lie that was today...lol

haha ah your right! even though i already bought an AK... :facepalm: