View Full Version : Secondary Proof of Residency+a mini-rant

Ergo the Qualmed
10-14-2011, 6:17 PM
I just got a summons for Jury duty in Yolo County. Also where I am registered to vote.

My drivers license lists my residence as being in SoCal, and I cannot change it for certain reasons.

Purchasing a handgun requires two matching forms of proof of residency, yes?
Well, up here I have my PG&E, my lease, voter reg, and now jury duty.

Down South, I have my DL.

How on earth do I go about buying a pistol anywhere? Am I to understand that I cannot?

It bothers me that despite the fact that I am enough of a CA resident to have a DL and vote and be summoned for Jury Duty, I still cannot purchase a handgun.

Please tell me I am missing something?!

10-14-2011, 6:19 PM
Car registration?

10-14-2011, 6:21 PM
Is it possible to get an I.D. card with the Yolo address?

Ergo the Qualmed
10-14-2011, 6:23 PM
Car registration?

Nope, 'fraid not. I pay insurance for my person (meaning I insure myself for driving any car) and yet I don't have a car in my name.

Is it possible to get an I.D. card with the Yolo address?

I will have to look into it! Because I figure that since PG&E doesn't count, perhaps I can get the lease copy signed by the landlady?

10-14-2011, 6:25 PM
Not sure the lease will suffice. Let me look for a link and post back in a minute.

10-14-2011, 6:32 PM
Lease should be okay as long as it matches your DL address. When in doubt call your FFL of choice for what they will/will not accept. :)

10-14-2011, 6:33 PM
I found these two links here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=327217) and here (http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=7259049). Hope that helps.

10-14-2011, 6:39 PM
get a C&R

Ergo the Qualmed
10-14-2011, 8:34 PM
get a C&R

Yeah, I plan on getting a C&R anyway. I turn 21 later this year, I just wanted instant gratification of ordering a pistol as soon as that happens, rather than submitting the C&R when i turn 21 and waiting on top of that haha

10-15-2011, 7:06 AM
I'm assuming your a UCD student, since most young folks don't live in expensive Davis for no reason (unless you really like patchouli, noodles, bicycling, and hemp clothing).

Does the student ID card have an address on it? Personally I would just go on down to the dmv on Pole Line rd and get your CA ID card with the Davis address.

10-15-2011, 8:37 AM
A simple lease agreement will work, I used one between My parents and I because the utilites are not in my name. The lease agreement address matches my license. Two different stores accepted.

I got a lease agreement online and then filled it out. Had my parents sign it. Make sure you put a start and end date on the lease, for example if its a year lease make sure you list the entire year. One thing to note you're lease will need to go thru the end of the year I believe. If your lease is close to ending they might not accept it.