WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
$100

pontiacpratt
10-14-2011, 7:27 PM
That's what I paid for mine at BPS a year ago. Best 100 I ever spent. lol
It's the only rifle I did do the "Spend 2x the rifle cost on an optic" rule:D

Danhood
10-14-2011, 8:49 PM
Good price and when you factor in the $25 manufacture rebate it is one heck of a good deal.
http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Rebates/rebates_fall2011.asp

bloodhawke83
10-14-2011, 10:11 PM
Good price and when you factor in the $25 manufacture rebate it is one heck of a good deal.
http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Rebates/rebates_fall2011.asp

Wow, I didn't know about that. Thanks

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk

91 whiskey 209
10-15-2011, 12:50 PM
can one of you guys provide a link. I want to buy one but i can't find any info on-line about it. thanks

Izzy43
10-15-2011, 1:01 PM
Is there an FFL transfer fee when buying from Sportsmans Warehouse + shipping? If so what's the total? Thanks

Stanksbeamen
10-15-2011, 5:06 PM
can one of you guys provide a link. I want to buy one but i can't find any info on-line about it. thanks

Is there an FFL transfer fee when buying from Sportsmans Warehouse + shipping? If so what's the total? Thanks

+1.

NorCal916
10-15-2011, 5:20 PM
Wow, almost popped into big5 today to pick one up for $139.. great find and thanks for posting!

Merc1138
10-15-2011, 5:35 PM

About the Marlin, or about sportsmans warehouse?
http://www.marlinfirearms.com/
http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/

It would depend on your receiving FFL, not the shop selling the gun(and that's assuming sportsmans warehouse ships). They might charge $30, they might charge $100. Considering that Big5 sporting goods is all over CA, and there are a number of Turners stores in southern CA that sell marlin 795s for $130-$140 quite often, it wouldn't be worth buying one from an FFL and having it shipped. $25-$30 would be a very low FFL transfer fee, once you add the cost of shipping you might as well have just bought the thing locally.

Even if you don't have a Big5 or Turners close by, plenty of shops on galleryofguns.com sell these for $140-$150 and it still wouldn't be worth buying one online. At $99 it's a good deal, but only if you're in the local area of one of their stores.

NorCal916
10-15-2011, 6:42 PM
Just picked one up ... Thanks again!

916Bobby
10-15-2011, 9:13 PM
Do you guys think a Sac Big5 will pricematch? or a San Jose one....

bloodhawke83
10-15-2011, 9:56 PM
Do you guys think a Sac Big5 will pricematch? or a San Jose one....

I don't think they'll match in store sales. Not like rocklin sportsmen warehouse I that far, its on highway 65.

sent from my hacked HP Touchpad using Android

USGI
10-16-2011, 11:10 PM
I bought one, couldn't resist. :43:

The price was $124.99 before the rebate, right?

NorCal916
10-16-2011, 11:12 PM
Nope.. $99! I was $129 out the door tax and dros.. rebate is mail in after

NorCal916
10-16-2011, 11:16 PM
Sorry.. actually $132 out the door/before rebate ... Just checked my reciept..

USGI
10-17-2011, 12:48 AM
If that's for a new gun, that's a heck of a deal!

roushstage2
10-17-2011, 3:24 AM
Dang good price! Might have to stop by there when I head down to Sac.

tvfreakarms
10-17-2011, 6:23 AM
Ok i can not find it on their website. I live about 35 min from there

TheExpertish
10-17-2011, 7:41 AM
Damnit! Makes the $134 I paid before rebate to Turner's for my twins seem like a ripoff.

FastFinger
10-17-2011, 8:37 AM
Don't own one, but did use one at the at the range for about 200 rnds., very nice rifle. Hate to admit this, but felt better than my trusty (largely unmodified) 10/22. Of course if you're into modding the 10/22 is most likely the better choice.

If Turner's would PM this I'd get one today.

Does B5 even stock these? If so they'd probably PM it.

Lead Waster
10-17-2011, 3:35 PM
Wah! I just bought one from Big 5! $164! With the manufacturers coupon, that's 139.

Ah well, no way I'd drive to Rocklin for that twice.

The price on these things never seems to go down, you just have to hunt for deals. Acutally the price on everything only goes up. Gotta get the guns while you still can though.

FastFinger
10-17-2011, 10:20 PM
Does anyone have a copy of the ad, or can pm their receipt?

nuj
10-17-2011, 10:25 PM
I went to big5 today to check the marlin 795 and maybe they have sale going on.. $179.. damn $99 is like deal of a lifetime

tvfreakarms
10-18-2011, 3:02 PM
B5 always has the same old sale. If u look at their ad every week the sale prices are always the same. Nothing special.
Its funny that i bought a cmmg .22 upper about 2 wks ago and most likely ill buy the marlin lol as well. Damn the sale price.

roushstage2
10-18-2011, 5:06 PM
Anyone know how long this sale is going for? Would love to go get one...

Danhood
10-18-2011, 6:18 PM
Anyone know how long this sale is going for? Would love to go get one...
Through Sunday

VegasND
10-18-2011, 6:34 PM
Through Sunday ... I might be in Phoenix this weekend. A guy can't have too many .22 rifles -- especially at a price like this one.
Through Sunday

roushstage2
10-18-2011, 7:47 PM
Thanks guys! I was hoping to get down to Sac today (providing my stupid DMV thing showed up with my physical address), but nope. The GF wants to get a gun, and for the price, it'll be a good starter for her! I think she wants it bad enough that we'll be going down tomorrow before I have to head to work.

tvfreakarms
10-18-2011, 9:22 PM
Call first. As of today they were out.
I know generally its not a good idea to dry fire a rimfire firearm. How about the marlin? Bueno or no bueno?plus 1 that the marlin has bhoa.

tvfreakarms
10-18-2011, 9:23 PM
Damb srill trying to decide if i should graba a marlin even though i bought a cmmg. What ti do.

roushstage2
10-18-2011, 9:42 PM
Call first. As of today they were out.
I know generally its not a good idea to dry fire a rimfire firearm. How about the marlin? Bueno or no bueno?plus 1 that the marlin has bhoa.
No rainchecks I'm taking it?

roushstage2
10-19-2011, 11:27 AM
None in stock, but they might be getting more tonight. The guy said to call back later and check.

Lead Waster
10-19-2011, 3:44 PM
Damb srill trying to decide if i should graba a marlin even though i bought a cmmg. What ti do.

Are you kidding? For $99? Buy one! Got kids? Nephews, neices? What a great Christmas present! OR just shoot it, can't go wrong for that price!

PrimerDust360
10-19-2011, 8:41 PM
I'll probably end up buying a Marlin 60 or 795 for my girlfriend to shoot (since she doesn't care about mods) and while $99 is a hell of a deal for a rifle, driving from Sebastopol to Rocklin to buy one and then driving back 10 days later kills the deal for me. Just gonna wait for another Big 5 sale. Hopefully they'll have the Mossberg deal going at the same time!

tvfreakarms
10-20-2011, 7:11 PM
Well fotget about it. They have none in stock and wont get anymore in till next wed after the sale. Booooooo!
Big 5 never has a big sale. U will never see the marlin 795 for 99. At least iv never had. Its always the same sale. Big 5 sucks and wished they had more comp.

roushstage2
10-20-2011, 9:50 PM
Why have a huge sale if you are only going to have a small amount of guns...idiots.

Merc1138
10-21-2011, 12:11 AM
Why have a huge sale if you are only going to have a small amount of guns...idiots.

Dude, the sale had been going on since the 14th, that's 4 days(most sales usually last around a week) you had to go get one if you really wanted it that bad. It's not like people were reporting that they were sold out on day 1.

MrExel17
10-21-2011, 5:53 AM
I would have done the same thing! That one heck of a deal, thanks for passing the info down!

roushstage2
10-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Dude, the sale had been going on since the 14th, that's 4 days(most sales usually last around a week) you had to go get one if you really wanted it that bad. It's not like people were reporting that they were sold out on day 1.
I'm assuming there is just a typo about the time-frame of the sale(s)?

I saw this thread on the 17th (3 days after it started), and called on the 18th (the 4th day), and they were sold out. I couldn't have simply gone and got one as they didn't have them...and still don't...and will not. Now it seems like a long time, yes, but that wasn't the case at the beginning of the week. The last 6 days of their 10-day sale and they don't have any, and it's my bad, lol? I'm at work all weekend and have the middle of the week off, so Tuesday was the first day I could have made it down there.

It is what it is. I don't really need another .22LR. However, if you are going to have a good sale like this that lasts for 10 days, you'd think they would have ordered enough to last more than the first 3 days is all...

:)

Merc1138
10-21-2011, 1:40 PM
I'm assuming there is just a typo about the time-frame of the sale(s)?

I saw this thread on the 17th (3 days after it started), and called on the 18th (the 4th day), and they were sold out. I couldn't have simply gone and got one as they didn't have them...and still don't...and will not. Now it seems like a long time, yes, but that wasn't the case at the beginning of the week. The last 6 days of their 10-day sale and they don't have any, and it's my bad, lol? I'm at work all weekend and have the middle of the week off, so Tuesday was the first day I could have made it down there.

It is what it is. I don't really need another .22LR. However, if you are going to have a good sale like this that lasts for 10 days, you'd think they would have ordered enough to last more than the first 3 days is all...

What typo? The sale started on the 14th, you found out they were sold out on the 18th. That's 4 days you had to go get one between the time the ad started and the time you found out they had none left. Like I said, no one seems to have reported they sold out on day 1 with no chance of getting more before the sale ended so it's not like some of the more ridiculous ads you see in the paper with an insane deal on a TV and the place only has two of them. There isn't anything unreasonable going on.

As far as the length of the sale compared to the amount on hand, does anyone know how many they started with and sold per day? Probably not unless they're an employee. For all you know they could have sold 100 a day for the first 3 days, would 300 of these rifles had been unreasonable? No. I doubt they sold 300 of them, but there is no sense in complaining about them not having any when it's entirely possible they mis-judged the demand. it happens. You still had 3 days. Maybe the distributor doesn't have anymore and they simply can't get more in time? That wouldn't really be their fault specifically. Like a lot of crazy deals, you snooze you lose, and you can't really complain when you're 4 days late to the game.

The next thing to do would be to call yourself and ask if they'll do a rain check.

roushstage2
10-21-2011, 2:51 PM
The "that's 4 days; most sales are usually a week" part as the sale is 10 days long? If you are going to have a "longer than normal sale," wouldn't it make sense to have extra stock on hand? If they did, and they really did sell so many of these guns that they can't get anymore in time, congrats to them and my bad. Like you said though, there's only one person who would know that and it's not likely.

The "idiots" part comes more from my displeasure with the asses that work in that department and their poor attitude on the phone when asking if they got anymore in. I'm sure there are a lot of people calling about it, but treating the next person that calls like crap because it's the 100th phone call you've gotten today about it...not my fault. I currently still work in the service industry. Just because I deal with one horrible person, doesn't mean that I can treat everyone else like that. I've called in the morning and asked, as well as later in the day as instructed by the person on the phone, to see if they got more in. No rainchecks either. Asked that two days ago.

tvfreakarms
10-21-2011, 4:19 PM
From what they told me they had about 20 in hand. U think they would of ordered more if they sold those batches that quick. Plus i didnt see no advertisement.
I only seen it on here.
I guess they dont want any extra business from me. I really dont need another .22lr cause i just bought A cmmg but this is a to good of a deal. Oh well

bloodhawke83
10-21-2011, 4:24 PM
Deal is still on, I went there for some scopes but I didn't like any there.

tvfreakarms
10-23-2011, 1:51 AM
The deal is still good til sunday 10-23-11, but they are completely out of the marlin 795. Unless they were lying to me. I called them up a few times asking if they had some in stock. Each and every time was a "NO".

Deal is still on, I went there for some scopes but I didn't like any there.