PDA

View Full Version : A little frustrated.

bonzaiii
10-14-2011, 5:34 PM
I went to one of the Turners today and took my number and waited for my number to be called, I didn't really mind the wait as it gave me a chance to look over the powders for the one I wanted. Finally when my number was called I walked up the the display bottle of powder I wanted, they went in the back to check and said they were all out. I went over and choose another powder that would work and took that display bottle and waited, they finally came back, took the bottle and off they went to check, a few minutes later they came back to tell me they did not have that one either. Why display something that you do not have. I then went to look over there bullet selection, found very little to choose from , NO X-treme in my caliber, and no prices on most of the bullets they did have. They did have the primers I wanted and at a decent prices but the first person that helped me did not have license to sell them to me so I had to wait again for someone that could. Overall a frustrating experience, not horrible but frustrating. I will say that everyone I dealt with was friendly. and I believe it was a manger I was talking to about the powder and he seemed to feel bad that they did not have what I wanted.

redking
10-14-2011, 5:42 PM
Is there another place you can go to?

I know i live in a place where there is one of everything if you are lucky, so I know how you feel.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/71077_240550535361_5676708_n.jpg

bonzaiii
10-14-2011, 8:34 PM
Is there another place you can go to?

I know i live in a place where there is one of everything if you are lucky, so I know how you feel.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/71077_240550535361_5676708_n.jpg

Not really anything close, Pretty much an hours drive or more to anywhere else that I know of that carries powder, If anyone knows where I can get powder at a reasonable cost near Simi Valley, let me know

wtkaiser
10-15-2011, 11:45 AM
I deal with Turner's frequently, being within relatively easy driving distance of 2 or 3 of them (Riverside) and I am ALWAYS frustrated at their selection of many things, not just powder. Whoever is their buyer has no interest, apparently, in the reloader segment of the market. I was hoping when they were bought out a few years ago that that situation would improve, but so far I haven't seen much improvement.

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-17-2011, 2:08 PM
I went to one of the Turners today and took my number and waited for my number to be called, I didn't really mind the wait as it gave me a chance to look over the powders for the one I wanted. Finally when my number was called I walked up the the display bottle of powder I wanted, they went in the back to check and said they were all out. I went over and choose another powder that would work and took that display bottle and waited, they finally came back, took the bottle and off they went to check, a few minutes later they came back to tell me they did not have that one either. Why display something that you do not have. I then went to look over there bullet selection, found very little to choose from , NO X-treme in my caliber, and no prices on most of the bullets they did have. They did have the primers I wanted and at a decent prices but the first person that helped me did not have license to sell them to me so I had to wait again for someone that could. Overall a frustrating experience, not horrible but frustrating. I will say that everyone I dealt with was friendly. and I believe it was a manger I was talking to about the powder and he seemed to feel bad that they did not have what I wanted.

I deal with Turner's frequently, being within relatively easy driving distance of 2 or 3 of them (Riverside) and I am ALWAYS frustrated at their selection of many things, not just powder. Whoever is their buyer has no interest, apparently, in the reloader segment of the market. I was hoping when they were bought out a few years ago that that situation would improve, but so far I haven't seen much improvement.

We agree- Some information regarding our reloading selection (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=7339058&postcount=318).

We hear you guys and we are working on it.

wtkaiser
10-18-2011, 3:27 PM
Well now, that answers a lot of my questions. I was not aware it took so long to turn things around. My faith is restored and I will check back next time I am in the area. Thanks for "listening'.

IntoForever
10-18-2011, 4:23 PM
OP, that's why I don't go to the one in the SF Valley. I pick up supplies while at the Angeles reloading store where I get good customer service, even from Rolf.

Millions-Knives
10-18-2011, 7:27 PM
OP, that's why I don't go to the one in the SF Valley. I pick up supplies while at the Angeles reloading store where I get good customer service, even from Rolf.

Yeah, the powder display is kind of a shot in the dark there.

I went through the same ordeal.
I did end up buying my powder from ASR reloading store... prices weren't terrible.