View Full Version : .22lr glock converstions?

10-14-2011, 12:44 AM
What are your thoughts? Good idea or waste of money?
I have a gen4 g19.

10-14-2011, 7:43 AM
Have the advantage arms kit formmy g26. Great kit. I use it for first time shooters. As long as you use the specified ammo, not hot loads. Use cci minimags or federal automatch, it shoots without hiccups.

10-14-2011, 8:00 AM
Go for it. .22 conversions are a good way to get in some shooting without breaking the wallet on ammo.

10-14-2011, 8:23 AM
I bought a .22 conversion for my 1911...I like it and will look to get one for my Glock 19.

Much cheaper to shoot .22 than 9mm or .45ACP

10-14-2011, 8:46 AM
I have one for my G3 G19 and use it quite a bit. It's great for cheap practice and functions well as long as I stick with CCI MiniMags.

I don't think the AA kits fit the Gen4 though, or maybe they just require a special kit. You might want to check on that.

10-14-2011, 8:57 AM
Not sure if they make them for the Gen 4s yet, probably would be best to contact AA or check their site to see. I've been running CCI Blazers without any issues now and moved from Remington GBs. Much more consistent. Just make sure you clean it out every 400ish rds and run it wet along with mags being spec. There was some issues with mags being out of spec and just had to shave some off the lip since was getting in the way of extractor. Just search for the AA fix thread on here if running into issues.

11-07-2011, 9:19 AM
How is the accuracy of the kit vs a dedicated .22 such as a Browning Buckmark or Ruger MKIII?

11-07-2011, 9:49 AM
Not a target pistol is a trainer to practice with your glock
I like mine and its lots of fun beer cans dont stand a chance

11-07-2011, 9:55 AM
Thanks for the quick reply.

It's just that for the price of a AA .22 conversion kit $329 I can get a Browning Buckmark Camper at Turner's. Just wondering if it makes more sense to pick up a complete new gun for the same price.

11-07-2011, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the quick reply.

It's just that for the price of a AA .22 conversion kit $329 I can get a Browning Buckmark Camper at Turner's. Just wondering if it makes more sense to pick up a complete new gun for the same price.

For plinking, buy the Buckmark. Fun little pistol. If you want cheap self defense holster work with your GLOCK, buy the kit. I have the kit for my G26 and I have fun with it, but as you point out. It is almost as much as a purpose built .22.

11-07-2011, 11:50 AM
you should do some shopping arround I picked mine at the last gun show for $260 OTD NIB

11-11-2011, 4:12 PM
Plus 1 on the advantage arms kit. Had mine for many years for my G19.
There was a target version at one time. Shoots Blazers and Rem GB no problem.
Fun kit you don't see very often at the local ranges.

11-11-2011, 6:49 PM
I'll have mine tomorrow at USI

12-29-2011, 4:44 PM
certain modifications. I added a 3.5 lb trigger connector and an extended magazine release, and the Advantage Arms kit didn't like it. Sure enough, it says so right on their website....

12-29-2011, 9:46 PM
I almost bought one, but decided to buy a second pistol instead. AA makes one for the gen 4 but out won't for on the anything but the 4's if I remember right.

12-29-2011, 10:34 PM
I use an Advantage Arms, luckily mine works with my competition frame. Gets me a lot more trigger/sight practice for the buck.

12-30-2011, 10:01 AM
only thing I noticed with those kits for the glock, is the list of allowed ammo to use
But I think its a great idea to keep shooting it, using cheaper ammo
paper targets wont know the difference

But I do wish GSG would make there version of a glock in 22lr
I just picked up there 1911 22 pistol and its great
feels exactly the same as my kimber, just slightly lighter although the finish is not that great

plus no list of ammo it can or cant take, and the 6 brands I used yesterday out of my stockpile all worked

If I saw the glock conversion locally for my 21, I probably would of bought it instead

12-30-2011, 6:10 PM
Mine has been a good deal. I bought it knowing I would experience a lot more malfuntions, and not perfect accuracy. I can hit a 2" circle at 40 yards about 50% of the time with it, and now that it is broken in, and I found EWL Slip 2000 lube, it is pretty damn reliable. Just got to keep the entire thing clean in between range trips.

That said, I am going to get a Buckmark, and get a trail lite barrel for it, as a purse gun for the girl friend.

Just can't limit yourself to one type of gun, instead choose which you'll get first.

03-07-2012, 11:13 AM
I have saved $100's shooting 22LR in my Glock 26 & 23. FANTASTIC LEARNING STEP for beginners. I get burned out after 2hours and 500+ rounds and $19 worth of ammo! Some times I go through 1k rounds in a day with students, 9 girls at one time a few weeks ago!

03-07-2012, 3:23 PM
Not quite as good as a purpose built .22 but works well on my 21sf and payed for itself in short order, great for trigger practice and beginners

Got Stuff?
03-08-2012, 5:54 AM
Anybody try the Ciener kits for the Glock?

03-08-2012, 6:26 AM
I have a AA kit for my G17 and I love it but if I had to do all over again It would probably be cheaper to buy a dedicated .22 pistol. I paid close to $400 for mine from GB and to top it off it had a bulged barrel. Found out the first time I took it to the range, bunch of stove-pipes and then a exploded round that almost took my eye out and sized the unit! Thankfully, AA sent me a new one and a extra magazine for the trouble but with the shipping/turnaround time plus crazy initial cost It would have cost less to buy a dedicated .22.

They definitely look "cooler" and are a conversation piece at the range. I also think the value will go up now that they aren't selling directly (much more scarce) to the public anymore but that can be a catch 22 dealing with greedy 01FFL dealers and their gouging. Personally, I love mine but don't think it is worth it in the end. Unless you are a Glock/1911 fanatic, the practical cost's have become too steep and some of the more "affordable" kits don't work as well and are prone to jamming/misfires. Just my $0.02 anyway.

03-08-2012, 6:42 AM
For training purposes using one platform (Glock) they work great. Pretty accurate out to 25 yards with the right ammo. I use Wolf Match Target with mine. You cant compare holstering/drawing/trigger work using a different platform (Browning/Ruger). Its just not the same.
For non training, you cant beat the Rugers or Buckmarks.

03-09-2012, 3:07 PM
Go for it. More trigger time, regardless of caliber, will make you a better marksman.
Value-wise, I think my annual handgun ammo budget has actually shrunk a bit since i started using 22LR adapter kits at the range.

03-09-2012, 4:09 PM
waste of money

03-10-2012, 12:26 AM
I'm happy with my AA G23 conversion kit. Shoots pretty accurate but not as much as my Ruger mk3. I upgraded the springs(G23) to competition and replaced the connector so my trigger is much lighter than the stock. The conversion kit allows me to get used to the trigger pull.