View Full Version : 870 Optics/Rail Options?

02-10-2007, 12:41 PM
I actually joined this forum just to ask this question, and because you guys definitely seem to know your stuff.

I've got a Remington 870 Express Supermag, and I'm looking to try and fit it with some kind of picatinny/optics rail on the reciever. I really like some of the rails available with AR-15 type conversions from Mesa Tac and Cavalry Arms. Problem is, Ive already got a Knoxx Industires Spec-Ops stock and I love it to death, plus i already have a PowerPak + HandALL grip coming. I also plan on getting the Knoxx Forend in a little while.

Basically, I dont want to have to change stocks. Ive had my eye on a KAS RAS 870, but I cant seem to find any in stock anywhere. That would be my ideal way to go, since I dont really like the look or feel of some AimTech/TacStar side-mount kits I've seen. I have seen Remington's MCS receiver with the integrated rail, but again, I dont want to have to replace the receiver just to get a rail.

In addition to that, I was wondering what kind of light/laser mounts (or rails) are out there that'll just clamp onto the barrel and magazine tube.

Lastly, are there any red-dot or reflex sights you guys reccomend? An EOTech is a little out of my price range, but I was looking at something like the Hakko BED-35 or some other open-end reflex sight.

If you guys could answer any of these questions I would be much abliged. Thanks a whoooole bunch. :D

02-10-2007, 9:04 PM
for the KAC 870 Rail contact Wes Grant at mstn.biz

he currently has some on order and usually has other KAC products that are hard to find.

as far as the red dot sight goes there is no short cut. save up for an Aimpoint and get a La-Rue mount that will return to zero with the heavy recoil of your 870.