PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to say hi to this new (to me) sub-forum!

phobos512
02-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Hey everyone, yesterday I paid off and DROS'd my new Benelli Super Nova Tactical 12G with pistol grip and ghost ring sites. I won't be able to get her until the 24th though due to my being on planned travel when my wait is up.

Just wanted to say HI! This is my first shotgun and I'm loving it. So far I have plans to get a Tacstar mag extension & universal clamp, tacstar side saddle, and Weaver 423M rail on her.

I will also be picking up alternate barrels, was thinking a 24" smoothbore to play skeet with and then the slug barrel that they make, probably 24" as well.

What other stuff is neat for this thing? :)

thmpr
02-10-2007, 10:20 AM
Welcome Phobos! I am not into shot guns but sounds like you added one hell of fire power to your arsenal....

randy
02-10-2007, 2:19 PM
Getting a barrel for slugs is a waste of $$$ and get at least a 26" if you want to shoot skeet.

YMMV

Good luck

phobos512
02-10-2007, 6:06 PM
Getting a barrel for slugs is a waste of $$$ and get at least a 26" if you want to shoot skeet.

YMMV

Good luck

Thanks for the tips. Keep 'em coming! :)

phobos512
02-23-2007, 9:19 PM
Well I changed my flights and was able to get back from NJ early enough in the day that I was able to stop in and pick up my SuperNova...Here she is (still stock, probably be ordering some goodies over the weekend):

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2825&stc=1&d=1172294321

sammy
02-24-2007, 8:20 AM
I just DROS's one as well. I know it says 4+1 but how many 2 3/4 shells will it hold? Also does the magazine extention match the guns finish? My wife is going to leave me.

Stanky626
02-25-2007, 1:13 AM
Welcome to the shotgun forum. There's not as much activity, compared to the rifle pages. But, it's picking up. Plus, all the posters are very knowledgeable.

BTW, nice shotty.:D

Socal858
02-25-2007, 10:32 PM
the supernova is an awesome gun

barrel clamp is a waste of money, do not buy it. ill send you mine for cheap if you REALLY want it.

the extension mostly matches the finish of hte rifle, i like mine.

from the factory the gun is 4+1, with the extension it is now 7+1

honestly, this is not a gun for people who liek to hang a billion things off of it. its fine from factory (especially with ghost rings). id say at most flashlight and extension, maybe an optic rail and shellholder if thats your thing. let me know how that rail goes, it sounds pretty sweet