PDA

View Full Version : New AR + review from ak guy

NorCalK9.com
10-13-2011, 2:35 PM
Ok so i'm freaking out over the 2014 reg on long guns so only thing missing from my arsenal of guns was a 556 ar15, I pondered on what was best assemble one from parts or just buy one. Well I just bought one from TRACY RIFLE AND PISTOL.
Its a S&W mp15 and for the buck it's a great deal. I'm not a noob to AR's so I know this ain't cream of the crop but its definitely gonna be fun I just hope it doesnt feel all lonely cause all my AK's in the safe.

Review
Tracy rifle n pistol
These guys are awesome! I've bought stuff from them before but now I feel I need to tell you how great they are. All AR15's are on sale and theyre paying dro's too. The sale ends sunday so get down there and get your ar and theyre giving you a free pmag a 40 rounds pmc ammo. They wont give me a deal on the vz58 but I want to thank them for being a great gun store! The rest of you gun stores should take note and follow suit!

NorCalK9.com
10-13-2011, 3:03 PM
Question. Trigger sucks in the mp15 what would you guys reccomend for a drop in? Please add link if you know of one. Thanks

Dreaded Claymore
10-13-2011, 3:15 PM
Question. Trigger sucks in the mp15 what would you guys reccomend for a drop in? Please add link if you know of one. Thanks

Anything by Geisselle is great.

hardluck
10-13-2011, 3:26 PM
Its a S&W mp15 and for the buck it's a great deal. I'm not a noob to AR's so I know this ain't cream of the crop but its definitely gonna be fun I just hope it doesnt feel all lonely cause all my AK's in the safe.

Question-
Why would you want a top dollar trigger in a plinking AR that you did not spend a lot on?

jetman624
10-13-2011, 3:31 PM
The Geissele SSA is really sweet. I have not tried many AR triggers, but this one feels really nice.

Also, Bill Springfield sells standard AR triggers that he has given a trigger job. I bought one, but have yet to install it. It is only $85 for a 4lb setup, which is half of what the Geissele SSA will set you back.

NorCalK9.com
10-13-2011, 3:34 PM
Question-
Why would you want a top dollar trigger in a plinking AR that you did not spend a lot on?

Well hmm because I want a silky trigger and not a five pound dead weight lol plus I can still use this lower for my 458 socom upper I ordered. Trigger pull is everything to me.

hardluck
10-13-2011, 3:46 PM
well I guess I did not think of that, I just up & buy a new lower for a different set up.
I don't like to share.
Different strokes.....

Steve1968LS2
10-13-2011, 3:54 PM
Anything by Geisselle is great.

Or the Wilson TTU... love mine..

NorCalK9.com
10-13-2011, 3:59 PM
well I guess I did not think of that, I just up & buy a new lower for a different set up.
I don't like to share.
Different strokes.....

I use to be that way in my ar days 8 ar's adorned my safe but slowly I dumped em all for various ak's. Ive been wanting to do a 458 socom for a while but I dont reload so it made no sense but with 2014 reg coming I figure I better get an ar now rather than wait for prices to sky rocket again and I can fully strip out this lower and use better lpk anyway so I went to tracy rifle n pistol to buy a lower only and ended buying a whole set up. Will I keep it as is? I dont know but thats the beuty of the ar I can make it what I want!
Holy crap I sound like a fanboy again lmao

osis32
10-13-2011, 4:02 PM
What's this 2014 reg you are mentioning?

NorCalK9.com
10-13-2011, 4:09 PM
Registration on longguns in Ca thanks to our great governor check the 2a section.

hardluck
10-13-2011, 4:23 PM
I hear you, I stocked up on lowers because of that BS going on no matter how many emails I sent that guy. Good luck with your 458. Who knows you might to just invest in some lowers again, or I can trade you one of mine for an AK :eek:

NorCalK9.com
10-13-2011, 4:25 PM
I hear you, I stocked up on lowers because of that BS going on no matter how many emails I sent that guy. Good luck with your 458. Who knows you might to just invest in some lowers again, or I can trade you one of mine for an AK :eek:

I literally just lol! A lower for an ak lol maybe i'll just picked up a couple stripped lowers

RRichie09
10-13-2011, 4:29 PM
Ok so i'm freaking out over the 2014 reg on long guns so only thing missing from my arsenal of guns was a 556 ar15, I pondered on what was best assemble one from parts or just buy one. Well I just bought one from TRACY RIFLE AND PISTOL.

Review
Tracy rifle n pistol
These guys are awesome! I've bought stuff from them before but now I feel I need to tell you how great they are. All AR15's are on sale and theyre paying dro's too. The sale ends sunday so get down there and get your ar and theyre giving you a free pmag a 40 rounds pmc ammo. They wont give me a deal on the vz58 but I want to thank them for being a great gun store! The rest of you gun stores should take note and follow suit!

Congadulations. I was wondering when you were gonna come back to the light side of the force. ;) JK'ing I want an AK as well.

Maybe you should pick up a lower just incase you want another one in the future.nn

ZX-10R
10-13-2011, 4:40 PM

Review
Tracy rifle n pistol

YOu did great. Congrats. I saw one and liked it for what it is.

NorCalK9.com
10-13-2011, 4:45 PM
I'm definitely gonna get some stripped lowers prob at the antioch gun show.

NorCalK9.com
10-13-2011, 4:48 PM
YOu did great. Congrats. I saw one and liked it for what it is.

I figure it this way its all in the upper so I have an ar which ive been wanting another squirrel gun anyways. I cant wait to shoot it im building anothe ak74 this coming up week and getting my ar out of jail neighbors are gonna hate me.

tujungatoes
10-13-2011, 4:50 PM
plus I can still use this lower for my 458 socom upper I ordered.

...I kinda hate you right now. I've been wanting a .458 upper to stick on my completed 80%, but I'm having trouble parting with my hard earned cash.

NorCalK9.com
10-13-2011, 6:08 PM
...I kinda hate you right now. I've been wanting a .458 upper to stick on my completed 80%, but I'm having trouble parting with my hard earned cash.

Lol I battlwd it out with myself and it took me a year to finally decide to get one. But I tell you what, that ammo is freaking expensive!

Sicarius
10-14-2011, 10:26 AM
Are you looking for a single or two stage for your plinker first off?
Kevin

21SF
10-14-2011, 10:33 AM
I have been in lust with .458 for a long time....brass prices make me flaccid.

someR1
10-14-2011, 10:47 AM
I have been in lust with .458 for a long time....brass prices make me flaccid.

50 beo FTW :p

21SF
10-14-2011, 10:50 AM
I cant help to recommend the spikes battle trigger, its not super light but very sharp and no take up.

if your ever at USI ill let you try mine.

dieselpower
10-14-2011, 10:54 AM
yeah I may buy a pressbrake and flats.... anyone got links?

someR1
10-14-2011, 10:55 AM

Review
Tracy rifle n pistol

we all buy an AR sooner or later
:D

NorCalK9.com
10-14-2011, 11:04 AM
we all buy an AR sooner or later
:D

Lmfao this aint my first AR last year I had 8 ar's in the safe rra's, dd, jd, n multiple others then I shot a rusted ak well i've owned over 15 AR's now the only one I have is the s&w I bought yesterday but i'm bout to buy some lowers here soon just to have them.
Also I did a year of research on .50b or 458socom and the socom from all my reading and talking seems to be the better round + I never shot a 600gr bullet before.

NYY
10-14-2011, 5:09 PM
i love my RRA 2 stage ..

pyro3k2
10-14-2011, 11:23 PM

you are going to have to spend a lot of money on an AR trigger to get in near the quality of that tapco g2 trigger lol.

Cuerno_de_Chivo
10-14-2011, 11:50 PM
The AKs are going to bully your AR lol. Nice though! When I was AR shopping I looked at it but then I fell in love with my LMT. It was love at first sight lol.

zfields
10-15-2011, 12:33 AM
You my friend, are drifting away from us AK folk.

tacticalcity
10-15-2011, 12:37 AM

Review
Tracy rifle n pistol

Nice rifle. A great choice. It's got very respectable specs. Excellent duty/service type rifle.

MrPlink
10-15-2011, 3:31 AM
I literally just lol! A lower for an ak lol maybe i'll just picked up a couple stripped lowers

or get into milling/bending of 80%s

NorCalK9.com
10-15-2011, 8:15 AM
You my friend, are drifting away from us AK folk.

Lmfao never! I'm building another one on tuesday! And i've already started looking for a new one. See the AK47/74 can never be repaced .
and since I cant build a ak with a 458socom I had to get another AR cause I been in love with that round since I first heard about it.

NorCalK9.com
10-15-2011, 8:26 AM
Nice rifle. A great choice. It's got very respectable specs. Excellent duty/service type rifle.

The more ive been reading up on the mp15 the more im figuring out its no slouch. I havnt found a bad review yet! I only have 7 more days to wait.

Speedpower
10-15-2011, 8:35 AM
you are going to have to spend a lot of money on an AR trigger to get in near the quality of that tapco g2 trigger lol.

Very True! :rofl2: