PDA

View Full Version : Communism and Krinks at D.A.S.!!!!

NYsteveZ
10-13-2011, 12:53 PM
The great people at Direct Action Solutions in Solana Beach have been invaded by a Communist stock of firearms! I was there today to DROS an SVT 40 from Gunbroker, and in great fashion, purchased another surprise firearm they got in stock-A Polish Tantal! They have a couple more, but act quick-Ive been after one for months, and the supply is drying up. Also, good luck importing one from another state. The going price for the Tantal at DAS is $549, dirt cheap if you ask me.
Now, as my header states-They got a package while I was there from Kvar (the Arsenal vendor). Inside that package-TWO Krink kits! They are numbers matching, never issued/fired before the de-mill, and are in PRISTINE condition. Colby might have one on hold for someone already, so again-act quick. As of this post, there are two kits on GB which are lacking (in kind words). The kits at DAS are 100% legit, no mixed parts etc, and are from a very reputable vendor. I believe the asking price is $2000. If you see them, you will want it!
As always, he also has a great stock of very clean WASRs, Arsenals, CZs, and will be getting Dracos in very soon. The black gun crowd is also represented with a bunch of ARs in ANY color-as long as its black (old Henry Ford saying). The shop was full to the brim with everything, except poor attitude. Give them a call/email!

21SF
10-13-2011, 1:00 PM
I want draco!

REPR
10-13-2011, 1:08 PM
They need to put you on payroll, lol.

MrPlink
10-13-2011, 1:19 PM
I got my kit for 750, matching numbers, unfired

SJgunguy24
10-13-2011, 2:49 PM
Why would you need to DROS an SVT40? Don't you have an 03?

chead
10-13-2011, 3:25 PM
stock-A Polish Tantal!

The wire folder? Colby has one he built up and it looks ****ing awesome with the paracord-wrapped stock. It was on the wall for a while (not for sale, obviously). Maybe it's in the back somewhere?

NYsteveZ
10-13-2011, 4:41 PM
Yes-Wire folder :) As far as the SVT being DROSed. I got it off gunbroker, out of state from a gun shop. Im still waiting on my C&R license in the mail, so, I had to DROS it.
$750? You lucked out, or it was a while ago. Anyway, thats cool. Haha, nah, I dont need to be on their payroll. Im just that happy with them. If you ever went there or bought something off them, you would be too.
Im thinking of getting a draco from them myself. I waited a bit on the mini dracos, so they are all gone now.

chead
10-13-2011, 5:17 PM
Oh man I wanted one of the minis too. I was gonna pick one up tomorrow :(

Don Nguyen
10-13-2011, 5:27 PM
DAS is awesome. Been down there a couple of times from Irvine to get some stuff from them.

-Don

13204u
10-13-2011, 8:13 PM
Why would you pay $2k for a matching krink kit when you can get the same thing from rguns for alot less money?

http://www.rguns.net/gunparts/rifle-parts-AK.shtml

WTSGDYBBR
10-13-2011, 8:45 PM
I take they have the barrels in tact for 2k. I bought one for 1,500 that had the original barrel intact from desertfox.

MrPlink
10-13-2011, 9:53 PM
I take they have the barrels in tact for 2k. I bought one for 1,500 that had the original barrel intact from desertfox.

it had better!

I was willing to go up to 1200 if with original barrel, but the rgun deal was too good to pass up.
Now I just gotta try to get ahold of a couple of blue jack barrels!

NYsteveZ
10-14-2011, 10:02 PM
Yeah, it definately has the original barrel, everything matching etc. Colby even mentioned, there would be no head space issues, and all it needs is a receiver. It was shipped from Kvar-the Arsenal vendor, and the kits are SWEET.
I looked at the one from Rguns-nice, but I have a question regarding Krinks-What country are they best produced or native to? Ive heard of Bulgy Krinks, and the one Rguns has is a Tula. Is there a Yugo? Romy? E. German?

MrPlink
10-14-2011, 11:07 PM
Yeah, it definately has the original barrel, everything matching etc. Colby even mentioned, there would be no head space issues, and all it needs is a receiver. It was shipped from Kvar-the Arsenal vendor, and the kits are SWEET.
I looked at the one from Rguns-nice, but I have a question regarding Krinks-What country are they best produced or native to? Ive heard of Bulgy Krinks, and the one Rguns has is a Tula. Is there a Yugo? Romy? E. German?

thats still 1250 for a barrel IMO.

The two kits I got from Rguns are pristine, save for a couple marks on the wood.

The painted serials look brand new still. Early 80s manufacture date.

I figured for the price they would be used, but I was pleasantly shocked to find they were not/unissued.

orangeusa
10-14-2011, 11:09 PM
So do you work there?

S dot
10-14-2011, 11:29 PM
Total Ak noob here, what is so special about the krinkov kit? Is it a rare item to have them all matching? I am def missing something here. I have no intent of bashing, just curious...

MrPlink
10-15-2011, 3:26 AM
Total Ak noob here, what is so special about the krinkov kit? Is it a rare item to have them all matching? I am def missing something here. I have no intent of bashing, just curious...

I couldnt tell you if "non-matching" is more common per se, to be honest Ive never seen one for sale that didnt have matching #s.

The kits as a whole def are not common for this segment of the AK, but I think above all else its demand that brings the price up above availability.

Mostly, its just a cool semi-iconic gun. It just looks mean! Hell, its not even that great of a gun, a GunsNAmmo article on Aks not too long mentioned Spetznas troops loving to pose and take pix with them, despite not being too fond of them.

Another factor is, well the AK is def the "bad guy gun" and I think the Krink is the ultimate bad guy gun, considering Bin Laden was frequently seen with one.
Example:
http://www.hotsearchestoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/osama-bin-laden-dead.jpg

(not trying to glorify the bastid, Im just saying... )

For me personally Ive always liked the "mini" versions of legacy rifles and carbines.
I own an M44 Mosin, an AR pistol, and soon a Krink!
Another thing Id love to add is a PTR91 pistol (small version of the G3 aka MC51 iirc)

NYsteveZ
10-15-2011, 8:38 AM
So do you work there?

No, I dont work there, just a happy customer who enjoys the fact that I can go to this shop, get straight answers, and not have to worry about some kid who will be called away for a price check on a pair of womens shoes while doing my DROS. Also-This place has the types of firearms I like, or can get them. Before I found these guys, I went to SoCalGuns, and when I was finally able to ask if they sold AKs or variants, the guy almost got angry with me and stated "We dont sell that here". He even stated that they dont sell them since one time they had to call customers back who they sold AKs to, to have the guns returned.
I give positive feedback, and help fellow CGers to shops I had good experiences with. I can also recommend R&G out of Oklahoma, who are happy to sell to us, and specialize in C&R stuff. I have no verdict on Parallax, but I only stopped there very shortly (they were busy/good sign) and I heard they are good guys too.

S dot
10-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Gotcha. Thanks Mr Plink. I certainly agree it is has that second level type of cool with it.

NYsteveZ
10-15-2011, 11:53 AM
Mr Bin Laden needs to clean his Krink! No wonder he was taken down so easy in the raid. Also-How many rounds is his mag? @ S dot-There are PLENTY of AK variants that have that bad guy vibe. Krinks are cool, but I dont have the time to go to a build party, AND, I have problems putting Walmart furniture together, nonetheless a gun. I have a Polish Tantal in "jail", and I plan on adding a Draco to my collection too. AMD 65s, underfolders, VZ58s...the list is endless!

MrPlink
10-15-2011, 1:44 PM
Mr Bin Laden needs to clean his Krink! No wonder he was taken down so easy in the raid. Also-How many rounds is his mag?

that is a 40rd RPK magazine. Using a RPK magazine in a AK is a sign of authority in this part of the world.

NYsteveZ
10-16-2011, 12:18 PM
that is a 40rd RPK magazine. Using a RPK magazine in a AK is a sign of authority in this part of the world.

I have a 40 round rebuild kit, but it doesnt look as big. I take it your right though considering the Krink is a bit smaller than my AK. ALSO, I would have NO idea what a 40 round mag in my AK would look like...would I?

ZX-10R
10-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Was there yesterday with a friend just to check out the store...Ended up buying Polish UF...It was close...I almost got the Tantal but the UF was superbly made and the Tantal was exceptional. I will get one if they have more eventually. They said they have 10 Dracos and those dracos were clean and the wood was awesome.

It is my new favorite store...Every store in Irvine area just became a SECOND THOUGHT.

It is an hour drive or so but hey I like to dine out so a San Diego trip is worth it.