PDA

View Full Version : Calguns Member's Only Special- 10-14-2011

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-13-2011, 11:35 AM
Got slugs?

Now is time for you to stock up- if you're training, shooting 3-gun or just putting together your "what if?" kit, this can o'slugs is for you.

No limit, but strictly one week only at this price.

Start Date- Fri- October 14th
End Date- Thu- October 20th

Calguns.net members only; coupon must be presented at time of sale.
Click on the link for the coupon.

Calguns.net Member's Only Special 10-14-2011 (http://www.turners.com/calguns/calgunspromo_2011-10-14.html)

http://www.turners.com/calguns/images/calguns-promo_2011-10-14.gif

JaeFern
10-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Nice

-Jae from my Photon 4G

lasarmas
10-13-2011, 1:37 PM
Good deal, I will pick some of these up for sure. Are those slugs rifled?

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-13-2011, 3:32 PM
Good deal, I will pick some of these up for sure. Are those slugs rifled?

The Exacta Aero slug is rifled but it also is unique in that the wad is actually an integrated stabilizer that stays attached to the slug, maintaining a truer flight and really adding to downrange accuracy.

The slug will shoot well out of a fully-rifled barrel or a barrel fitted with rifled choke tube. But it is really intended to give smooth-bore barrels accuracy very similar to that of a fully-rifled bore.

Ricky-Ray
10-13-2011, 10:40 PM
So there would be no issue with these slugs on a smooth bore shotgun? If that's the case I know where I'm heading to after work tomorrow.

:jump:

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-14-2011, 9:46 AM
So there would be no issue with these slugs on a smooth bore shotgun? If that's the case I know where I'm heading to after work tomorrow.

:jump:

No issue with smooth bore guns provided that they aren't over-choked. IC would be best.

LBDamned
10-14-2011, 7:43 PM
Got mine!

Thanks Bill :)

LBDamned
10-15-2011, 6:11 AM
I forgot to mention; Norwalk used the flyer from this thread as the ad display in store - CalGuns getting some exposure:D

Ricky-Ray
10-17-2011, 1:42 AM
Picked up 2 boxes over the weekend. Might get one more just before the sale is over.

gugoo
10-20-2011, 3:25 PM
Slugs as an HD round?

Ricky-Ray
10-20-2011, 3:43 PM
Slugs as an HD round?

I use 00 Buck for HD, the slugs will be for my upcoming shotgun class.

gugoo
10-21-2011, 8:08 AM
I use 00 Buck for HD, the slugs will be for my upcoming shotgun class.

Right, I just noticed in the ad they state "perfect for home defense" :D

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-21-2011, 8:44 AM
Right, I just noticed in the ad they state "perfect for home defense" :D

Now, now, let's not assume that everyone else's neighborhood is as nice and safe as yours...

gugoo
10-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Now, now, let's not assume that everyone else's neighborhood is as nice and safe as yours...

I am not doubting the need for HD, it's just from what I have read, shotgun slugs are not ideal for HD

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-21-2011, 12:36 PM
I am not doubting the need for HD, it's just from what I have read, shotgun slugs are not ideal for HD

We agree that most folks will load buck first (00 or maybe #4- that seems to be a religious argument in itself) and may skip slugs altogether.

But there is a school of thought that reasons if you've gone through the first 4 or 5 in the tube, (and possibly topped off once or twice because your response to a break-in has now become an engagement), then you'd have some peace of mind if your last 2 or 3 are solids.

Of course, you have another group of folks who then say that 00 is effectively a solid at typical homeowner distances of say 15' and for that reason they use 7 1/2's or 8's first....

Don't worry though, we're not going to add "great for home defense" to our quail load ads :D

Thanks for the feedback, while we don't literally mean the everyone should shoot slugs for HD, we'll keep a closer eye on the ad copy.