PDA

View Full Version : Scope for Rem 700

latinmedic
10-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Hi guys,
This is only my 2nd time here. I am getting a Rem 700 rifle and I thought that I had all the issues covered, but I was wrong. I would like your help with selecting a scope for this rifle. I found a bunch of brands and magnifications on the net. I understand that the scope will depend on the kind of hunting. Is there a "mid-range" magnification? (hunting pigs to elk). How about brands? (I found a sea of them). I am a new hunter and I need your experience on this matters. Thank you, God bless.

Vacaville
10-13-2011, 10:18 AM
Current discussion on the topic right here:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=487964

I recommend Nikon scopes. Great quality for the money.

21SF
10-13-2011, 10:20 AM
Zeiss 3-9x40 $399.00 best scope for the money....IMO

latinmedic
10-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Thank you guys,
Where are Nikon and Zeiss made? Are the gas fill better than air? How about the MOA graduation? I am trying to educate myself, but the info is so abundant that I started to feel lost. Thank you again.

21SF
10-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Ziess is european, so it will have the best glass available.

latinmedic
10-13-2011, 10:46 AM
Thank you for the link, I will check it out right now. God bless

slick_711
10-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Ziess is european, so it will have the best glass available.

What? How does being European make it the best glass available?

Zeiss is outstanding glass, and the $399 price tag on their base models right now is a great deal. But that doesn't validate your claim above. :confused:

21SF
10-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Ok^^^

Japanese, american, or european.....

Which one in your opinion is the clearest?

European's are known for their clear optics....look at the cameras too.

RugerNo1
10-13-2011, 12:24 PM
What? How does being European make it the best glass available?

Zeiss is outstanding glass, and the $399 price tag on their base models right now is a great deal. But that doesn't validate your claim above. :confused:

Ok^^^

Japanese, american, or european.....

Which one in your opinion is the clearest?

European's are known for their clear optics....look at the cameras too.

German glass is considered the cream of the crop with Zeiss and Schmidt & Bender being the top tier.

U.S. Optics, an American based company, uses German Schott lenses for their scopes. Does that say something? Other brands like Nightforce, March, and the higher end lines of Bushnell, Leupold, and Vortex use Japanese glass.

For the OP's question, the Zeiss 3-9x40 with duplex reticule would be perfect for big game hunting on most continents.