PDA

View Full Version : Brady Campaign interns

voiceofreason
10-13-2011, 4:54 AM
Surfing the Brady page to see what they're saying about Seal Beach.

Clicked on "About Us" to see if Helmke is still on it.

ended up on a link to "meet the activists"

http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/bcam/activists/2011-summer-interns1024.jpg

*edited by OP*

adrenaline
10-13-2011, 5:21 AM
Yeah...I found their page on Facebook and I'm reading the following discussion. It is obvious that they don't care about the Constitution (calling it BS) and that they are all about taking guns away (NOT PREVENTING VIOLENCE).

Marlon P. Rabara:
This is very tragic. This violence was brought on by domestic disputes. I think there should be legislation passed that requires employees to inform their employer if there is current domestic disputes so that their employer can make themselves (and their employees) ready for crazy individuals like Scott Dekraai.

Paul Small:
great idea kennny...lets have all "law abiding" citizens carry guns wherever they wish..The nra will love that..I am really sick of you and your nra friends trying to hide behind the 2nd ammendment BS

Mike Summitt:
Marlon, what would the other employees do, come to work wearing kevlar? No, that's not a practical solution. Psychological testing before allowing a firearm purchase, that's a practical solution.

Marlon P. Rabara:
Why would you assume that I would be talking about firearms or kevlar? I'm saying maybe giving some time away from work to resolve her dispute using law enforcement or possible get/establish a restraining order or something. I thought the idea behind the Brady group was to prevent gun violence. It isn't always about taking guns away....put PREVENTING VIOLENCE.

resident-shooter
10-13-2011, 5:43 AM
Yea, constitution is BS in their view. They dont care about any sense in laws they just want all guns banned. I met plenty of people whom we would call anti's here who spoke in favor registration of handguns, bannin silencers etc etc but even they would not support brady's nazi ideology.

adrenaline
10-13-2011, 8:02 AM
LOL...I went back to check (see it yourself) they nuked all of Marlon's comments. So much for the first amendment.

darthnugget
10-13-2011, 8:13 AM
Then they are amongst us here on the forum. Hopefully they don't squish our spies within the Brady campaign... Oops, I said too much.
All this talk about the definition of a cult... I think the Brady Bunch might meet the requirements.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cult

dotalchemy
10-13-2011, 8:18 AM
Mike Summitt is an absolute gem of a man.

I'm tempted to dedicate a website just to historically document some of the comments he makes.

In 500 years time, mankind can look back and realize that neanderthals actually survived into the 21th century.

LAWABIDINGCITIZEN
10-13-2011, 8:21 AM
Don't worry. The only people who actually read the stuff on their site about their "interns" were CALGUNNERS linked to it from this board.

:D

darthnugget
10-13-2011, 8:23 AM
Mike Summitt is an absolute gem of a man.

I'm tempted to dedicate a website just to historically document some of the comments he makes.

In 500 years time, mankind can look back and realize that neanderthals actually survived into the 21th century.

Please do, one day he may realize his insanity or worse try to take a high elected office and this would be good documentation to use to prevent that.

Also...

..."We do what we must
because we can.
For the good of all of us.
Except the ones who are dead.
But there’s no sense crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
And the Science gets done.
And you make a neat gun.
For the people who are still alive."

dfletcher
10-13-2011, 8:24 AM
I like this comment:

"I think there should be legislation passed that requires employees to inform their employer if there is current domestic disputes so that their employer can make themselves (and their employees) ready for crazy individuals like Scott Dekraai."

As an employer, if someone told me about a domestic dispute with an expectation of increased safety my reaction would be to close down for the day, hire security and turn the workplace into a bank vault - because if I didn't & something happened an attorney would be all over me. All that's free, right .....?

Or, I could just lay off the person with the domestic dispute issue, remove the problem and hope they didn't sue me. Great choices.

BGryphon
10-13-2011, 9:59 AM
If you are an employer, and you hear something like that, you would be unwise to leave your weapons at home. Even 1 person with a gun in that hair salon would have had a chance to save lives.

dtjester
10-13-2011, 10:44 AM
If you are an employer, and you hear something like that, you would be unwise to leave your weapons at home. Even 1 person with a gun in that hair salon would have had a chance to save lives.

I was trying to explain this to a friend. She is totally level headed and not an anti at all, but she just got uncomfortable when I said that if someone had been carrying in the salon the outcome probably wouldn't have been AS bad. It's crazy to me that even rational adults can be so freaked out by anti-2A propaganda. To me it's common sense.

Wherryj
10-13-2011, 11:34 AM
Don't worry. The only people who actually read the stuff on their site about their "interns" were CALGUNNERS linked to it from this board.

:D

The Bradys have a website?

Who knew that they had anyone evolved enough to know how to use a computer...?

I learn something new every day.

Wherryj
10-13-2011, 11:36 AM

Unfortunately the GFSZ law could make it unwise for many to bring their weapons to work. My office is a chain link fence away from a HS and a street separates it from a middle school.

The onerous laws involving the victim disarmament zones could get you into trouble if you aren't extremely well read on the laws and very careful.

Although isn't that the ENTIRE reason for the law? To entrap honest citizens with difficult to understand and follow laws, hopefully leading to a general avoidance of firearms by the remainder of the population? A def acto run around the second amendment.

MatrixCPA
10-13-2011, 11:45 AM
My understanding was that you could carry in your home or business--even if it was within a GFSZ. You just need to LUCC when traveling to/from.

HowardW56
10-13-2011, 11:47 AM
My understanding was that you could carry in your home or business--even if it was within a GFSZ. You just need to LUCC when traveling to/from.

:iagree:

GWbiker
10-13-2011, 11:48 AM
LOL...I went back to check (see it yourself) they nuked all of Marlon's comments. So much for the first amendment.

Yes, opposing views on the Brady Campaign facebook page are quickly deleted.

LHC30
10-13-2011, 11:54 AM
FWIW, there was a restraining order in place as of last Tuesday....lots o' good that paper did!

Ubermcoupe
10-13-2011, 12:39 PM
FWIW, there was a restraining order in place as of last Tuesday....lots o' good that paper did!

:iagree: because we all know that criminals respect laws...:facepalm:

Wherryj
10-14-2011, 2:47 PM

That is why I said you'd have to be very careful. We even had a CG member who got arrested for open carry at a private business that was later determined to somehow not be so private.

The law is designed to make a situation so complex that it is difficult to avoid committing an illegal act.

MatrixCPA
10-14-2011, 3:20 PM
That is why I said you'd have to be very careful. We even had a CG member who got arrested for open carry at a private business that was later determined to somehow not be so private.

The law is designed to make a situation so complex that it is difficult to avoid committing an illegal act.

Did this person own or work at the business?

CHS
10-14-2011, 5:00 PM
Marlon P. Rabara:
Why would you assume that I would be talking about firearms or kevlar? I'm saying maybe giving some time away from work to resolve her dispute using law enforcement or possible get/establish a restraining order or something. I thought the idea behind the Brady group was to prevent gun violence. It isn't always about taking guns away....put PREVENTING VIOLENCE.

These are the kind of rational-thinking people that the Brady's are losing more of every day.

He's right, the Brady campaign IS supposed to be about preventing violence. However, it's not. It's about banning guns. The Brady's almost never support ANY legislation aimed at preventing violence, even legislation that has nothing to do with guns. I'm glad that some of the people on their side, or on the fence are realizing this.

curtisfong
10-14-2011, 5:12 PM
These are the kind of rational-thinking people that the Brady's are losing more of every day.

He's right, the Brady campaign IS supposed to be about preventing violence. However, it's not. It's about banning guns. The Brady's almost never support ANY legislation aimed at preventing violence, even legislation that has nothing to do with guns. I'm glad that some of the people on their side, or on the fence are realizing this.

There is a lesson to be learned here. ONE post like this is worth a million posts claiming how much you love God and need guns to revolt against the Big Liberal Media Government.

Simple. Point out that Brady has no interest in preventing violence. Heck, claim you are a "liberal democrat" and even that you "have no interest in owning a gun". Remind everybody that Brady does not represent your interests, and that as a "liberal" you are dismayed that the Bradys are consistently against civil rights.