PDA

View Full Version : Brady isnt even in the ball park IL

vantec08
10-13-2011, 4:37 AM
http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-st-louis/brady-campaign-offended-by-truth-about-second-amendment

"The people of Illinois deserve an explanation from Joe Walsh. Is he saying Illinois needs to legalize the carrying of hidden, loaded guns to allow residents to threaten violence against the government?," asked Brady Acting President Dennis Henigan.

No, stupid.

Ubermcoupe
10-13-2011, 6:54 AM
[url]
"The people of Illinois deserve an explanation from Joe Walsh. Is he saying Illinois needs to legalize the carrying of hidden, loaded guns to allow residents to threaten violence against the government?," asked Brady Acting President Dennis Henigan.

No, stupid.

Wow. Loaded Question much? :rofl:
further evidence that the Brady campaign will consume itself.

yellowfin
10-13-2011, 8:11 AM
They're too used to the idea that it works on enough people for it to be worthwhile for them to say it.

The Shadow
10-13-2011, 8:37 AM
Well Dennis, here's my thoughts. You have politicians lying to us to get elected, claiming that they will represent our best interests, and then acting like oligarchs once they're in office. Those same politicians then enact laws that restrict our constitutional rights, especially the second amendment. And you have law enforcement, that decide that any law the oligarchs pull out of their collective a**es, should be enforced, right, wrong, or otherwise. Then there's the continuing saga of LE causing panic in California by claiming that people should be afraid of people that open carry. So LE gather together and endorse asinine laws that will do NOTHING to prevent crime, but will create job security for them by providing more unarmed victims for violent criminals.

Taking that all into consideration, and the fact that judges who legislate from the bench are doing their dead level best to further step on the second amendment, WHY IN THE HELL SHOULDN'T LAW ABIDING CITIZENS, WHO ARE LOOKED ON AS A NUISANCE, NOT BECOME VIOLENTLY OPPOSED TO GOVERNMENT AND THE CRIMINALS THEY ENCOURAGE.

In my opinion, government and criminals have a partnership against the law abiding because they both have a goal of disarming and controlling the population by force and fear. So you tell me Dennis, what's your f**king remedy ?

Caladain
10-13-2011, 8:39 AM
Shadow, You might want to take a couple steps away from your keyboard, and reread your post. It could be construed that you are advocating for something that i don't think you are. Remember that OpFor reads, and sometimes uses posts on this forum.

The Shadow
10-13-2011, 8:45 AM
Shadow, You might want to take a couple steps away from your keyboard, and reread your post. It could be construed that you are advocating for something that i don't think you are. Remember that OpFor reads, and sometimes uses posts on this forum.

Understood, but is anything I wrote inaccurate or untrue ? I'm very much in favor of funding the legal team we have that continues to fight for our rights. And I will continue to have faith in that same legal team, until such time as their efforts are obviously futile, and the judicial system has turned a deaf ear to them. On that day, what else is left but the same actions our ancestors took at Lexington and Concord.

swilson
10-13-2011, 8:59 AM
Let me know when the Joyce foundation runs out of money and these fools have to disband because nobody else is dumb enough to fund them.

CHS
10-13-2011, 11:10 AM

The 2nd amendment was written to help insure the security of the free state. While it might be an absolute last resort, one of the things that the 2nd amendment insures and secures is armed resistance against a tyrannical government.

So yes, in a way we ARE supposed to have guns so that we can threaten violence against the government. It's one of the protections of the 2nd amendment.

Remember, our government was founded upon a series of checks and balances to resist tyranny. The legislative, executive and judicial branches are all given checks against each other. Well too many people forget that things like the 1st amendment and the 2nd are THE PEOPLES checks and balances against the government as well.

While Shadow could phrase his words in a more elegant manner, he's still right.

Caladain
10-13-2011, 11:13 AM
The 2nd amendment was written to help insure the security of the free state. While it might be an absolute last resort, one of the things that the 2nd amendment insures and secures is armed resistance against a tyrannical government.

So yes, in a way we ARE supposed to have guns so that we can threaten violence against the government. It's one of the protections of the 2nd amendment.

Remember, our government was founded upon a series of checks and balances to resist tyranny. The legislative, executive and judicial branches are all given checks against each other. Well too many people forget that things like the 1st amendment and the 2nd are THE PEOPLES checks and balances against the government as well.

And i never said he wasn't (I agree..There are multiple reasons i keep greentip around). Merely stating that it would be easy to take parts of what he said and hold it up during a debate as a character assassination against the movement. Which i think we'll be seeing more of as we take more ground from the antis.

Nothing he said here, (or in our PM's) is *wrong*. It's all *right*. How it is said (public relations) is all i was poking at.

vantec08
10-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Its past time the gubmint starting fearing citizens.

The Shadow
10-13-2011, 11:55 AM

Waxing eloquent was furthest from my mind. :D

vantec08
10-13-2011, 2:12 PM
In my opinion, government and criminals have a partnership against the law abiding because they both have a goal of disarming and controlling the population by force and fear. So you tell me Dennis, what's your f**king remedy ?

Passes the truth test.

Window_Seat
10-13-2011, 2:39 PM
A most awesome letter by Congressman Walsh to the Brady Campaign... He tells it like it is (http://walsh.house.gov/uploads/Brady%20Campaign%20Letter%20100311.PDF). :devil2:

Erik.

sacto929
10-13-2011, 2:53 PM
Halleluyeah, Congressman Walsh!

The Shadow
10-13-2011, 3:22 PM
A most awesome letter by Congressman Walsh to the Brady Campaign... He tells it like it is (http://walsh.house.gov/uploads/Brady%20Campaign%20Letter%20100311.PDF). :devil2:

Erik.

I think that pretty well sums it up.

Wherryj
10-13-2011, 3:45 PM
http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-st-louis/brady-campaign-offended-by-truth-about-second-amendment

No, stupid.

"The people of Illinois deserve an explanation from Joe Walsh. Is he saying that Illinoise needs to legalize the carrying of hidden, loaded guns just because he thinks that the life of a citizen is as valuable as the life of a predatory scum-bag?"

Dreaded Claymore
10-13-2011, 3:56 PM

Erik.

That's a great letter. I'm glad someone in Illinois knows the score.