PDA

View Full Version : Adam Arms Gas Piston Uppers?

mrvash
10-12-2011, 10:29 PM
I've decided to go with a gas piston AR, this will be my one and only rifle for a very long time to come, or until I get promoted at my job and will be able to afford awesome 'toys' :)

I'm looking at this specific upper here (http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2145). I have no knowledge and little hands-on experience with gas piston AR systems. What are your personal thoughts/experiences on Adam Arms and their gas piston system, better yet, the upper in the link in regards to it's price and reliability. Also, if you know of a great place with a better price to order from please let me know!

Thanks!

Droppin Deuces
10-12-2011, 11:30 PM
You'll be happy with it.

I had a carbine version for a while and absolutely loved it. Only reason it's gone is because I wanted something different. The Adams Arms uppers are super reliable and very easy to clean. I put a lot of rounds through that thing and never had a malfunction. I changed the grease in the upper receiver once in the year or so that I owned it only because I needed something to do.

armtactical
10-12-2011, 11:42 PM
Very reliable and good quality uppers.

PM sent.

armtactical
10-12-2011, 11:42 PM
http://www.armtactical.com/gun-parts/ar-parts/uppers.html?manufacturer=40

kemikalembalance
10-12-2011, 11:49 PM
Well to start...+1^^. and you should check out a you tube vid from a guy called nutnfancy (nuthin fancy). it has a great spread on gas pistons.
I own four Adams systems and am currently using two of them.
It sounds like you are set on one, are you familiar with them at all?
And Rainier Arms is an EXCELLENT company to deal with!
I have built around a dozen or so now and rebuilt those a couple times, changing this or tinkering with that, seeing why things do what. Rainier's prices are fair and their customer service is outstanding! 70 percent of all my build parts have come from them. You should not regret dealing with them.

goodlookin1
10-13-2011, 6:23 AM
Good stuff. I bought an Adams kit and installed it myself. Been the best upgrade i've ever made. Not one malfunction yet. I pretty much run mine dry, too.

mlevans66
10-13-2011, 8:28 AM
+1 for AA I got the 14" and I'm loving it since March of this year.