PDA

View Full Version : Deleted

blackrazor
10-12-2011, 10:28 PM
Deleted

wildhawker
10-12-2011, 11:00 PM
I agree that Rod Wright has done a tremendous lot for California gun owners. That said, SB 610 doesn't pave the way to shall-issue. It re-states existing law. We are going to secure bear in the courts; zero chance a shall-issue bill passes the Legislature.

-Brandon

Gray Peterson
10-12-2011, 11:10 PM
I agree that Rod Wright has done a tremendous lot for California gun owners. That said, SB 610 doesn't pave the way to shall-issue. It re-states existing law. We are going to secure bear in the courts; zero chance a shall-issue bill passes the Legislature.

-Brandon

Just to add: Any "shall-issue bill" passing this Legislature would be riddled with CPZ's and so on. Leave it to the courts, please.

wildhawker
10-13-2011, 9:16 AM
The courts are going to take a lifetime to get shall-issue CCW, so what's the point. I'll take a bet from anyone who's willing that we don't get CCW through court rulings before 2020.

Please bet me first. I love new free ****!

-Brandon

Gray Peterson
10-13-2011, 9:17 AM
The courts are going to take a lifetime to get shall-issue CCW, so what's the point. I'll take a bet from anyone who's willing that we don't get CCW through court rulings before 2020.

what's your wager.

Caladain
10-13-2011, 9:27 AM

NIB German Sig P226 or equivalently priced gun a good wager?

mag360
10-13-2011, 9:40 AM
Rod Wright is the one person who could run a bill over turning roberti roos.

got a link to his awb speech? Also how do you even know about his speech? I'd love to check that out.

dtjester
10-13-2011, 10:48 AM

We certainly won't get it with that attitude :rolleyes:

bwiese
10-13-2011, 10:51 AM
Blackrazor should see how things are running in Sacramento.

We solved it in the Belly of the Beast - and even LAPD is forced to issue (for now) for 12 specific categories.

Remember that many counties have issued for BLANK or trivial ("I walk in the park at night") causes. And sheriffs are NOT gonna pull these permits - friends, family, cronies, "Sheriff's Rangers", or Laurie Smith's contractor on her vacation home.

They HAVE to issue for similarly situated.

BLANK is a pretty friggin' low standard to have to meet. ;-)

wash
10-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Blackrazor, after having met you on the steps of The Supreme Court of the United States, I'm a little confused why you think the courts don't work (too slow).

From what I've seen, shall issue legislation won't happen in California. If it does happen it will be federal.

The only question in my mind is will the CGF LTC Sunshine Initiative make counties like SF, LA and Alameda go virtual shall issue before federal legislation does it?

ja308
10-13-2011, 12:04 PM
Really think Wright's bill will get support from Delean feuur etec ---

Mr Wright should consider changing parties

mag360
10-13-2011, 12:14 PM
it's better for us if he stays dem, why would swtching parties do anything? He's already proven to go against what they want in terms of gun control.

BigDogatPlay
10-13-2011, 12:18 PM
RMr Wright should consider changing parties

No flame intended but I truly hope he does not. Changing parties makes no one any friends... see former Senator Jim Jeffords as exemplar.

We need more friends on Mr. Wright's side of the aisle at the state level. There are precious few, such as Mr. Wright. And he'd be far better to influence the Democrat caucus from within than he would be from the outside.

wildhawker
10-13-2011, 12:19 PM

A) You think DeLeon et al will join a shall-issue bill? Heh.
B) You think Wright is a reep, or would be effective as a reep? Heh.

In this world, the sky is blue.

-Brandon

berto
10-13-2011, 12:25 PM

Mr. Wright's bill made it through committee, both houses, and got signed by the gov. What did the other party get through?

2A isn't left/right D/R.

Shotgun Man
10-13-2011, 7:07 PM
Mr. Wright's bill made it through committee, both houses, and got signed by the gov. What did the other party get through?

2A isn't left/right D/R.

All while being under indictment for perjury and lying about his residency. Pretty impressive.

That test hasn't been enforced in decades. But charges filed last year against Sen. Rod Wright, D-Inglewood, alleging that he lied about his residence as a candidate for Senate, brought renewed attention to residency issues. The case is pending in Los Angeles.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/10/10/3971674/california-redistricting-means.html#ixzz1aioI6ZgJ

Swiss
10-13-2011, 7:13 PM
I guess the exception to this is CoCo County?

Blackrazor should see how things are running in Sacramento.

We solved it in the Belly of the Beast - and even LAPD is forced to issue (for now) for 12 specific categories.

Remember that many counties have issued for BLANK or trivial ("I walk in the park at night") causes. And sheriffs are NOT gonna pull these permits - friends, family, cronies, "Sheriff's Rangers", or Laurie Smith's contractor on her vacation home.

They HAVE to issue for similarly situated.

BLANK is a pretty friggin' low standard to have to meet. ;-)

bwiese
10-14-2011, 10:02 AM

Um, why would Rod Wright...
- aggravate his safe seat base of voters in his district (80% Dem/antiReep?
- join a party that can barely do anything including stay at 1/3 seat level?