PDA

View Full Version : DOCUMENTARY: "Negroes With Guns"

oaklander
10-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Blacks used guns to ENFORCE our Constitution.

Please discuss. . .

0JQaFA-TCfM

CitaDeL
10-12-2011, 10:17 PM

Please discuss. . .

0JQaFA-TCfM

Without an adequate defense, the Constitution is nothing thant a piece of parchement with pretty words on it.

Databyter
10-12-2011, 10:24 PM

Please discuss. . .

0JQaFA-TCfM

I didn't watch more than the intro to be honest.

I could pretty much guess what was in their since I am familiar with the era and the arguments.

But my 2 cents are this.

I am for armed citizens whether they be black or any other color, and if somebody "treads" on them, then beware because they will not go quietly into the night.

I also believe in my heart that if not for the family shotgun there would have been a lot more dead Blacks in the civil rights era.

Getting along only protects you so far in an agressive bigoted environment, then it's time to fight fire with fire when attacked.

And that attitude and potential left largly the unarmed and weaker minorities at the mercy of the mobs of those days while those known to be armed and ready were less likely to be messed with.,

oaklander
10-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Without an adequate defense, the Constitution is nothing thant a piece of parchement with pretty words on it.

Yup.

And we need to kind of think where our opposition comes from, sometimes. Funny to me that it was the Sheriffs in the South who were doing some pretty nasty stuff.

Even more "funny" to me that it is Sheriff's in CA who are kind of doing the same thing here. We have people DYING in California because local Sheriffs refuse to issue carry licenses.

I fully support law enforcement, and these Sheriffs make my friends in LE look like crap. I predict that as people understand how gun rights ARE CIVIL RIGHTS, you will see short political careers for any politicians who choose to oppose civil rights.

I say this as an insider now. I am getting a clear picture now of how things work - and gun rights are pretty much on the "do not f with" list at this point - nationwide.

CitaDeL
10-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Yup.

And we need to kind of think where our opposition comes from, sometimes. Funny to me that it was the Sheriffs in the South who were doing some pretty nasty stuff.

Even more "funny" to me that it is Sheriff's in CA who are kind of doing the same thing here. We have people DYING in California because local Sheriffs refuse to issue carry licenses.

While they are not using the same kind of abuse, it is for exactly the same color of law. Even in places percieved to be pro-2A, if they think you are an uppity 'negro' they will hobble you as if you were a runaway.

mossy
10-12-2011, 10:55 PM
dear oak i would be more inclined to vote in your polls if you made them anonymous. maybe its my tinfoil hat talking but i don't like people to know what i voted for.

oaklander
10-12-2011, 11:09 PM
I tend to like to see who votes for what. ALL, this is just a philosophical question!

I am HIGHLY LAW AND ORDER. Ask folks who know me.

This question is NOT related to anything other than my own intellectual curiosity. I guess I could read a book on the topic, but it is more interesting to me to just see how folks view the issue.

Remember my adage ("never be the craziest person in the room").

stix213
10-12-2011, 11:12 PM
I vote yes, as in they "can" but that doesn't mean they should be the first choice in all situations.

dear oak i would be more inclined to vote in your polls if you made them anonymous. maybe its my tinfoil hat talking but i don't like people to know what i voted for.

Bah! I say stand up and be counted. Hiding is part of the problem.

bob7122
10-12-2011, 11:13 PM

who cares how you voted. don't be intimidated by this fascist poll..../jk :chris:

seriously though, i doubt anybody is gonna see your vote and say, "mossy disagreed, so i am gon' cyber kick him in the nads for having a differing opinion from mine!"

oaklander
10-12-2011, 11:17 PM
who cares how you voted. don't be intimidated by this fascist poll..../jk :chris:

seriously though, i doubt anybody is gonna see your vote and say, "mossy disagreed, so i am gon' cyber kick him in the nads for having a differing opinion from mine!"

Agreed!

Both positions can be supported. But the "no" position requires a somewhat twisted position. Essentially having to do with grabbing ankles, etc.

;-)

ETA: civil rights ARE civil rights for a reason. The Framers wanted a long-lasting and stable country. Each right ensures that things do not get too sideways one way or the other. All of the other ones RELY on the 2nd.

Tack
10-13-2011, 1:29 AM
Violent oppression stopped when the oppressors thought they had something to lose. Effective self defense did not stop racism. Self defense moved racism off the streets at night and into politics where it could be fought in the courtroom. That sounds like progress to me.

Tack
10-13-2011, 1:29 AM
Violent oppression stopped when the oppressors thought they had something to lose. Effective self defense did not stop racism. Self defense moved racism off the streets at night and into politics where it could be fought in the courtroom. That sounds like progress to me.

nicki
10-13-2011, 1:55 AM
First, I only saw part 1, I hope there are more parts because this was interesting.

Kinda funny about Julian Bond, he isn't exactly a friend to RKBA.

It is interesting that the "armed struggle" against the Klan is something that isn't discussed much, like this part of American history is being rewritten.

The KKK was not just a bunch of racists, they controlled many state/local governments for years.

While the Black community generally favors gun control laws, I have a gut feeling if they get educated about their real past, many would flip to our side.

Nicki

Bobby Hated
10-13-2011, 6:02 AM
the bearing of arms is ultimately a deterrant to those who would violate the rights of others, whoever they may be. therefore we should support the bearing of arms by those whose rights are violated, whoever they may be.

radioman
10-13-2011, 9:08 AM
http://jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/movieplay-ngn-swf.htm
this one moved me, that a people were pushed that far, shame on us. but now our fight is for our civil rights, we gun owners are the new Negroes. the Bradys call us nuts, they push laws to take our rights, the only thing they are missing is the sheets.

Window_Seat
10-13-2011, 11:00 AM
"How sweet Stella doin'???" :laugh: :rofl: :rofl2:

Kevin, excellent find!

And here's another great video that I still watch, I also have it on DVD, and plan to bring it to the next CGN BBQ!

RaX3EM-fsc8

Erik.

oaklander
10-13-2011, 11:31 AM
LOL, one of the persons who voted "no" IS apparently LE!!!!

LOL... I got a couple sets of spike strips.....

Too funny!!!!

We LIKE LE - but some of them make the others look bad, I guess. . .

:43:

Sav - please state your reasoning here. . .

green grunt
10-13-2011, 11:41 AM
ALL of us have red blood..........when it comes to rights (any) , it should not matter what color/race etc... we are......even if it has in the past , it should not in the future...

while in the service of our great country.(a darn poor Marine at best) ...........the guy next to me was " GREEN " and that was all that mattered........

the people next to me now are fellow Americans.......and that is all that should matter now........

Stonewalker
10-13-2011, 11:43 AM
LOL, one of the persons who voted "no" IS apparently LE!!!!

Too funny!!!!

We LIKE LE - but some of them make the others look bad, I guess. . .

:43:

Sav - please state your reasoning here. . .

I can take care of that...

WOW... I am surprised at some of the applicants who are getting approved for CCW's. I think appearance should play a role and definitely a character review is in order. If you look like a thug and dress like a thug, then odds are you are a thug!

Just my two cents......

PS... Got mine again! I think the instructors are making out like bandits with this!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=7042089&postcount=22

"For me, but not for thee"

Stonewalker
10-13-2011, 11:45 AM
The extremely obvious concept of liberty is that it only works if it applies equally to all people.

Wherryj
10-13-2011, 4:11 PM
"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."

Suzanna Hupps

oaklander
10-13-2011, 4:47 PM
I can take care of that...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=7042089&postcount=22

"For me, but not for thee"

Interesting! So I guess that means that an attorney with over 70 published articles, who holds a Directorship in a large statewide group, and who is a member of the local church, and who does a lot of volunteer work, should NOT get a LTC because he looks like this?

http://tapatalk.com/mu/3283aaf7-874f-c264.jpg

Too funny!

Maybe this person will come try and take my scary AK47 t-shirt.

I could use some 1983 money. . .

ROFL

Sent from my brain, to yours. . .

scarville
10-13-2011, 4:59 PM
"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."

Suzanna Hupps

Why Did it Have to be ... Guns
http://www.lneilsmith.org/whyguns.html

An oldie but a goodie.

scarville
10-13-2011, 8:22 PM
Interesting! So I guess that means that an attorney with over 70 published articles, who holds a Directorship in a large statewide group, and who is a member of the local church, and who does a lot of volunteer work, should NOT get a LTC because he looks like this?

http://tapatalk.com/mu/3283aaf7-874f-c264.jpg

Nah! That looks more like a lawyer who role plays being a thug in weekend D&D games.

oaklander
10-13-2011, 8:34 PM
Nah! That looks more like a lawyer who role plays being a thug in weekend D&D games.

LOL, I actually USED to be an actual yuppie! I lived in a pretty nice home, had an expensive car, nice furniture, wore a suit to work, etc. . .

Then I kind of had some events happen that made me realize that I GET TO CHOOSE HOW I LIVE MY OWN LIFE. So, I quit really caring what people thought, and just kind of focused my attention to being of service to other people. I know this sounds trite - but it is real. The ONLY REASON that I get any traction with a lot of the grassroots stuff is because pep,e can tell that I legitimately want to help on things, and that I have pure motives. It is certainly NOT about money!

;-)

ETA: here is something that I will mention here (since this is not a busy thread, and I am still figuring out what everything means). ------> Here in Oakland, it is the progressive activists who seem to really like the fact that I have connections to our civil rights movement. That was not expected, and I am still processing. My snap opinion is that gun rights are really cool right now, for some reason that I kind of have a theory on.

Wherryj
10-14-2011, 7:25 AM

That may be how you see it, but I think that Oaklander is seeing things the way that they are.

Many people automatically judge others based upon initial outward appearance. There is a physician in my area who has NO tattoos. He is always pretty clean cut, and looks like the guy we all remember as the class nerd.

He one day bought a...gasp...Harley. He drove past the house of the then hospital Chief of Staff. The Chief felt "threatened" "because he probably has motorcycle gang associates". The end result is a report to the medical board and years of headaches for the Harley riding doc.

You can never underestimate the fear level of American society. Even supposedly educated people can jump to conclusions when they see a tattoo, a "scary" motorcycle or even the wrong T-Shirt.

Common sense has never been common, and it is rapidly becoming extinct.

oaklander
10-14-2011, 7:51 AM
That may be how you see it, but I think that Oaklander is seeing things the way that they are.

Many people automatically judge others based upon initial outward appearance. There is a physician in my area who has NO tattoos. He is always pretty clean cut, and looks like the guy we all remember as the class nerd.

He one day bought a...gasp...Harley. He drove past the house of the then hospital Chief of Staff. The Chief felt "threatened" "because he probably has motorcycle gang associates". The end result is a report to the medical board and years of headaches for the Harley riding doc.

You can never underestimate the fear level of American society. Even supposedly educated people can jump to conclusions when they see a tattoo, a "scary" motorcycle or even the wrong T-Shirt.

Common sense has never been common, and it is rapidly becoming extinct.

Correct!

One observation:

The folks who kind of even "care" about appearances kind of lump together, demographically.

At the very BOTTOM of the socioeconomic scale, people do not generally care about appearances. It is just not something that is cared about (by "appearances" I am referring to whether you have tats and stuff like that). They may care what the tats "say" - however.

At the very TOP - people also do not care how you look, since they can figure out just from talking with you whether you are one of "them."

I find that people in the middle are the ones who get all bent.

AND I will tell you this. I NEVER have problems with LE (I now work directly WITH them on certain things). They are smart, and can tell from your demeanor whether you are a true good guy or bad guy. When I got (and won) that recent CHP speeding ticket, the rookie was just too green But I think he learned something when my plates came back as DOJ (wife works for them - but NOT firearms part).

That zen stuff that I am learning about teaches you to have an empty mind. Any sort of prejudice simply weakens you in life. Sun Tzu ALSO had a real thing about understanding people, and not being fooled by appearances. I can tell you that the way I look is very useful. I can figure out the smart kids in a room pretty quickly (and they, me).

I literally have friends who are mayors now (and this is why my posts get obtuse on certain subjects now). They know what is up.

As an interesting aside, my entire persona has apparently REALLY IRRITATED A PARTICULAR CALGUNNER. This pleases me! So much that he is now in my sig! I just love good-natured ribbing!

;-)