PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember the TV game show where celebrities shot trap/skeet?

wilit
10-12-2011, 8:27 PM
It was a late 80's to early 90's show where they'd have celebrities come on and shoot with a professional partner against another team. The final stage had this big 1/4 semi circle setup on end that was sectioned off and the clay would shoot straight up and depending on what quadrant the clay was busted in, they got a certain number of points.

Anyone remember this show? I want to say it was on ESPN. My google-fu is weak and I can't find the name of it. I thought it was something like Shooting with the Stars.

JeremyS
10-12-2011, 8:34 PM
Wow that's cool! I wish something like that were on today. Heck, it should be pitched to Discovery or something...

TKM
10-12-2011, 8:37 PM
It was called Star Shots or something similar and featured "celebrities" shooting pigeons against a large scoring background designed like King Kongs dartboard.

I remember an episode where they loaded Bob Golics trap with aluminum novelty ashtrays shaped like pigeons. Pull!,.... ding. ????

golfrj
10-12-2011, 8:42 PM
Ya, I remember that show.. I used to shoot at BBB before it was BBB, it was International Trap & Skeet in Rosemead? Bob Stack used to bring his buddies out to shoot against him & others (Bob Stack was a Skeet Champ in his younger years) Odd Job from James Bond used to shoot with us all the time there also (he had the birds broke before I even saw them)... The show was filmed at nite, so the birds were white and you could really see the pieces fly.. Shotgun sports were really popular with the Hollywood crowd then.. I guess now it not Green Enough for them... Good Times...

golfrj
10-12-2011, 8:44 PM
It was called Star Shots or something similar and featured "celebrities" shooting pigeons against a large scoring background designed like King Kongs dartboard.

I remember an episode where they loaded Bob Golics trap with aluminum novelty ashtrays shaped like pigeons. Pull!,.... ding. ????

Yep, we used to give Stack dummy loads with plastic shot in them or real low powder charges, let him explain that on TV...

wilit
10-12-2011, 8:55 PM

Yeah, that's it. I'm not positive that's what the show was called though. Google isn't being kind to me tonight.

bsim
10-12-2011, 9:24 PM
Guh, this is killing me. Been searching for it for at least 30 minutes.

Definitely remember the show, and the giant "scoreboard" pigeon areas. The faster they shot, the more points they got. Right around 1980.

joemoia
10-12-2011, 9:30 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starshot

wilit
10-13-2011, 6:47 AM
Awesome! Now can anyone find any of the episodes online? Youtube is coming up blank.

golfrj
10-13-2011, 10:51 AM
I wonder what they ever did with that background? Anyone that shoots there ever see it around anywhere? That would be fun....