PDA

View Full Version : New Colt model Calif. Legal?

Code7inOaktown
10-12-2011, 8:41 PM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=255000517#PIC

Note image No. 8.

It says: M4 Carbine and that's it...

Is Colt finally realizing they can sell in Calif. again?

discoed
10-12-2011, 8:43 PM
That's a pretty sweet colt. Nice!

dieselpower
10-12-2011, 8:47 PM
I wouldn't want one with that anti-sear webbing. Its not that I would install a DIAS or a third hole, I just don't agree with Colt producing lowers where they force laws on honest people as if we can not be trusted.

Yes the roll mark is legal. Its not for CA, its a trend to limit multiple manufacturing lines.

black_pacer_56
10-12-2011, 9:33 PM
The Colt M4 Carbine is nice, however I don't think its worth the lost of your 2nd, court case, and cost of rifle 15X (legal defense). Beside even if you were to win your case again the county DA, $1150 is worth the cost in losing your job, car, and home.

If you want an AR15 that bad buy a LMT, Daniel Defense, LWRC, STAG, Noveske or Many other Off List Rifle

VISA

Having a Job and being able to work every make = $30000 or more
Lost you job and fight a court case by the county DA: = -$25000 or more
Bailing out of Jail because you're locked up and about to lose you job: = -$15000 or more
Have bad Credit Rating for 10 years, losing all personal properties: = -$40000 or more

In Jail and not bailing out, get cold food, where other people cloths that don't smell clean, sleeping on a thin 2 inch mattress, smelling other people take that you don't want to smell, have other people butt naked and strip searched at anytime, losing your manhood in jail because you had a stupid idea of buying a Colt AR15, and sleeping in your own place because you bought a Off List Lower Receiver ====== PRICELESS!!!!!!!

FXR
10-12-2011, 9:43 PM
You should be fine - it's not the first Colt to be off list. It is a little more aggressive vis a vis LE contacts than an off list brand, but it is legal, and more Colt AR's in California is a good thing. Go for it!

xibunkrlilkidsx
10-12-2011, 9:47 PM
lol 1200 for a colt with magpul swag.

bigpappa0095
10-12-2011, 9:49 PM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=255000517#PIC

Note image No. 8.

It says: M4 Carbine and that's it...

Is Colt finally realizing they can sell in Calif. again?

No, SP denotes the "SPORTER" line, which is banned by name. The only readily available Colt to Californians now is the LE6940, which will soon be tough to find at a dealer near you.

tiger222
10-12-2011, 9:52 PM
You should be fine - it's not the first Colt to be off list. It is a little more aggressive vis a vis LE contacts than an off list brand, but it is legal, and more Colt AR's in California is a good thing. Go for it!

+1 on that, also coming out later is the Colt 9mm carbines, labeled COLT SMG, that is just too cool. imho.

Donk310
10-12-2011, 9:54 PM
The Colt M4 Carbine is nice, however I don't think its worth the lost of your 2nd, court case, and cost of rifle 15X (legal defense). Beside even if you were to win your case again the county DA, $1150 is worth the cost in losing your job, car, and home.

If you want an AR15 that bad buy a LMT, Daniel Defense, LWRC, STAG, Noveske or Many other Off List Rifle

VISA

Bailing out of Jail because you're locked up and about to lose you job: = -$15000 or more
Have bad Credit Rating for 10 years, losing all personal properties: = -$40000 or more

In Jail and not bailing out, get cold food, where other people cloths that don't smell clean, sleeping on a thin 2 inch mattress, smelling other people take that you don't want to smell, have other people butt necked and strip searched at anytime, losing your manhood in jail because you had a stupid idea of buying a Colt AR15, and sleeping in your own place because you bought a Off List Lower Receiver ====== PRICELESS!!!!!!!

Exactly!!

Code7inOaktown
10-12-2011, 9:59 PM
No, SP denotes the "SPORTER" line, which is banned by name. The only readily available Colt to Californians now is the LE6940, which will soon be tough to find at a dealer near you.

Isn't that the serial number?

bigpappa0095
10-12-2011, 10:06 PM
Isn't that the serial number?

SP6920? No, that's the model of the rifle...sorta like LE6920/LE6940, etc.

Press Check
10-12-2011, 10:19 PM

VISA

In Jail and not bailing out, get cold food, where other people cloths that don't smell clean, sleeping on a thin 2 inch mattress, smelling other people take that you don't want to smell, have other people butt necked and strip searched at anytime, losing your manhood in jail because you had a stupid idea of buying a Colt AR15, and sleeping in your own place because you bought a Off List Lower Receiver ====== PRICELESS!!!!!!!

FUD.

cannon
10-12-2011, 10:41 PM
SP6920? No, that's the model of the rifle...sorta like LE6920/LE6940, etc.

Nope, check the picture again. The serial number is SP 500 etc. There is no model number on the receiver other than M4.

I would think that unless Colt says the SP at the beginning of the serial number stands for Sporter it may well be legal.

black_pacer_56
10-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Ok if you are that brave and free, find a FFL dealer in California that is willing for them to DROS a "Colt" marked lower receiver. 9.95 out of 10 dealers will not DROS this receiver just because it say "Colt" it does not matter if it a "Colt Sporter" or not! You can do the "Colt" upper receiver all day. Did you forget, one technical word can be undone and cost you big time. Do you think a FFL is willing lose their license and face a court case themself?? If you if FFL dealer with radioactive nutz and ballz of steel to DROS this item, them you're lucky!

Don't get judge by 12 of 18 by the people of California.

If you get arrested because somebody is trying to make example of you, I promise to put $10 dollars on your books. DA's don't have a 95% conviction rate for nonething!

When in doubt, check will the FFL and see if they will DROS it. If it's "No" by sereval FFL's, then you have your answer!!

Press Check
10-12-2011, 10:51 PM
Ok if you are that brave and free, find a FFL dealer in California that is willing for them to DROS a "Colt" marked lower receiver. 9.95 out of 10 dealers will not DROS this receiver just because it say "Colt" it does not matter if it a "Colt Sporter" or not! You can do the "Colt" upper receiver all day. Did you forget, one technical word can be undone and cost you big time. Do you think a FFL is willing lose their license and face a court case themself?? If you if FFL dealer with radioactive nutz and ballz of steel to DROS this item, them you're lucky!

If you get arrested because somebody is trying to make example of you, I promise to put $10 dollars on your books. DA's don't have a 95% conviction rate for nonething!

More FUD.

There are numerous FFL's that will DROS a Colt receiver without hesitation, and without a single problem.

I own a Colt M4 (6921), and there are several in California. With this model in particular, no one is going to be arrested and have their weapon confiscated for simply having a Colt rollmark on a receiver. In fact, mine would be subject to more scrutiny by LE than this one.

DA's pick cases they know they can win, and the monetary value you place on avoiding prosecution could be argued and won by a Public Defender armed with a copy of the Kasler List. Of course, I can only speak for the Colt M4 that I own.

bigpappa0095
10-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Nope, check the picture again. The serial number is SP 500 etc. There is no model number on the receiver other than M4.

I would think that unless Colt says the SP at the beginning of the serial number stands for Sporter it may well be legal.

The seller explicitly states SP6920 in the auction title and the documents that come with the rifle are bound to say Sporter. Colt puts it plain on their site:

http://www.coltsmfg.com/Catalog/ColtRifles/ColtSporters.aspx

Colt effectively made it harder for CA folks to own one of their rifles.

black_pacer_56
10-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Then point the Calgunner user FFL that willing to DROS his Colt Rifle please!

Q
10-12-2011, 10:58 PM
WANT! minus the magpul stuff. :D

bigpappa0095
10-12-2011, 11:03 PM

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=447774

Can I QED this yet? Or do you prefer the square with the dot in it?

cyrus
10-12-2011, 11:03 PM
They see me rollin' my colt 6724, riding dirty.

LEGAL FTW

Press Check
10-12-2011, 11:06 PM

EBR Works and OC Armory immediately come to mind.

MrPlink
10-12-2011, 11:06 PM
Black pacer u need to cool the FUD

Press Check
10-12-2011, 11:16 PM
They see me rollin' my colt 6724, riding dirty.

LEGAL FTW

LOL.

Are you sure their aren't ninjas hiding in your bushes, and black helicopters hovering over your house?

Code7inOaktown
10-13-2011, 12:07 AM

Hmmm, everything I've ever read here says it's all about what the receiver says. If they rolled Spoter by accident, it would not be a named receiver (as long it doesn't say AR-15 either.)

But I do agree with everyone that says its better to be cautious and I suppose they could jam you based on what the box it comes in says too: it says SP6920MP B. Since 6920 is named, this would not be good. But the receiver says nothing of the sort.

Here is a pic of the box it comes in.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_29/209810_Colt_SP6920MP_B_roll_marks___help__.html

Code7inOaktown
10-13-2011, 12:08 AM
It's not about FUD, it's about being cautious. Why buy something that can get you in deep **** that can be very easily avoided? An LWRC, LMT, Noveske are considered higher up than Colt AR's.

If Colt was the BEST AR manufacturer I would understand people wanting one so bad, but there are better options.

There are people who would honestly take a Colt over an LWRC, LMT or Noveske.

Arthur84
10-13-2011, 12:49 AM
That's a tough one. It says it's a 6920 which is totally banned, but it doesn't have any of the banned markings. Call the OC armory guys. They should give you an answer. The same people selling that gun sold me a 6933 lower. It's ca legal and I got it no problem in ca. They didnt even have to put a bullet button on it. That one is ca legal for sure.

Press Check
10-13-2011, 12:56 AM
It's not about FUD, it's about being cautious. Why buy something that can get you in deep **** that can be very easily avoided? An LWRC, LMT, Noveske are considered higher up than Colt AR's.

If Colt was the BEST AR manufacturer I would understand people wanting one so bad, but there are better options.

Considered a better option by whom?

As soon as the U.S. Army or Marine Corps award a defense contact to Noveske, LMT or likewise manufacturer, that statement might hold some merit. Until then, I'm not entirely sure that I understand the comparasin, or why the comparasion is even being made.

FUD is the unfounded assertion that a Colt rifle will be confiscated on sight, or that an FFL will not DROS a Colt rifle.

Code7inOaktown
10-13-2011, 1:13 AM
That's a tough one. It says it's a 6920 which is totally banned, but it doesn't have any of the banned markings. Call the OC armory guys. They should give you an answer. The same people selling that gun sold me a 6933 lower. It's ca legal and I got it no problem in ca. They didnt even have to put a bullet button on it. That one is ca legal for sure.

Do you have put a button on a lower if there is no upper, receiver extention or grip?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Donk310
10-13-2011, 5:37 AM
I don't understand the hooplah. I shot Colt all of my military career. Now that I am no longer in the military, I use other makes. I don't understand why people want to risk it all just to have a Colt, when they aren't really any better.

CSACANNONEER
10-13-2011, 7:06 AM

VISA

In Jail and not bailing out, get cold food, where other people cloths that don't smell clean, sleeping on a thin 2 inch mattress, smelling other people take that you don't want to smell, have other people butt naked and strip searched at anytime, losing your manhood in jail because you had a stupid idea of buying a Colt AR15, and sleeping in your own place because you bought a Off List Lower Receiver ====== PRICELESS!!!!!!!

When in doubt, check will the FFL and see if they will DROS it. If it's "No" by sereval FFL's, then you have your answer!!

You just don't get it. The M4 IS AN OLL! Many FFLs would not DROS ANY OLL just a few years ago. That doesn't make it legal or illegal. The FACT is that the Colt M4 is NOT LISTED and therefor is 100% legal in California if configured properly. If your FFL is a putz, find a new FFL who understands the laws in the state. But, whatever you do, please understand the laws BEFORE you give legal advise. The advice and reasoning you've given so far clearly indicates that you don't know what you are talking about.

omtay606
10-13-2011, 7:11 AM
If you go through a FFL and he processes it trough CA DOJ and nothing is rejected and you have it documented, then what is the issue? Why would anyone get in trouble? Colt or not?

Donk310
10-13-2011, 7:23 AM
If you go through a FFL and he processes it trough CA DOJ and nothing is rejected and you have it documented, then what is the issue? Why would anyone get in trouble? Colt or not?

That is the million dollar question. No one knows why... but for whatever reason... people get in trouble.

cannon
10-13-2011, 7:57 AM
The seller explicitly states SP6920 in the auction title and the documents that come with the rifle are bound to say Sporter. Colt puts it plain on their site:

Thank you for the clarification. :D

vf111
10-13-2011, 11:28 AM

The CAR-A3 HBAR Elite is also CA legal.

OCArmory
10-13-2011, 11:35 AM
Colt is doing away with the sporter line and it will just be M4 carbine. Colt also currently has rifles listed at the major distributors with bullet buttons from the factory (presumably.) When I called the distributors about these they indicated that they should be available shortly. The trick is to make sure the inventory that you order doesn't have the old stock Sporter lower.
Mike

bwiese
10-13-2011, 11:40 AM
No, SP denotes the "SPORTER" line, which is banned by name. .

FAIL. "SP" is just two characters in the serial #.

The receiver itself is off-list and is fine. Putting an R6500 upper on it would form an entirely legal Colt gun.

Now, this whole gun being termed in marketing materials as Sporter is at least problematic - and thus a
situation quite similar to that of the six or seven banned Rock River Arms guns being based on off-list LAR15
receivers.

Now, one could easily argue that with quite a bit of modification to upper that is not a SP6920 anymore;
Colt has a right to its model number designators as referring to certain configurations (regardless of evil
features).

What we DON'T need now is to have to fight Son-of-Harrott about applicability of sub-Series.

CHS
10-13-2011, 11:53 AM
I don't think people understand what "off list" means.

Off list is off list. That's it.

Where are all the doom and gloomers when it comes to the 6 models of LISTED Rock River Arms rifles? Why is this FUD only applied to Colt?

The rifle in the OP is off list. Off list means OFF LIST. That's a California-legal rifle if configured properly with a bullet button and 10rd mags or through going featureless.

It's just as off-list as a Rock River Arms, or an LMT, or a Noveske.

bombadillo
10-13-2011, 12:08 PM
The military is under a budget, they don't have an infinite amount of money to switch small arms when ever they want. LMT, LWRC, Noveske, Knights Armament aren't more expensive "just because", they obviously have something extra to offer.

NO the Colt will not be confiscated on sight and knowledgeable FFL's WILL dros it, however it will take an extra effort to convince some or find the guy who is willing to do it.

OP must be aware that this particular rifle could potentially(not definitely) bring him problems down the road. Were not saying DON'T buy an AR were just letting him know that particular rifle could quite possibly bring unwanted attention down the road.

In the end, his money, not ours, but buyer beware. He could end up being the "test case", if he's up to that, more power to him.

As another calgunner noticed, I lost interest as soon as I saw this image:
http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/255000000/255000517/pix899599789.jpg

I don't need a gun manufacturer to be my nanny, shame on you Colt.

If that's what you want by all means take it. :thumbsup: we just want you to be aware of the risk involved in possessing that particular rifle. In no way am I in favor of the banned list, I wished it never existed and we didn't even have conversations about off list lowers, which one's on the list and which one isn't.

Forgive me here, but are you looking at the block so as not to make it full auto down the road or what are you going after here?

Press Check
10-13-2011, 1:15 PM
PS, the lack of machining in the lower receiver to accomodate a FA trigger should be the least of any Californian's concern.

Decoligny
10-13-2011, 1:24 PM

+1000

Illegal

Look at the AW Flowchart under Appendix B

Colt: Sporter (all)

From the Colt Website: "Colt’s Manufacturing Company re-introduces the renowned Sporter line of firearms with the SP6920 and the SP6940, carbines with all the features you would want on a modern rifle."

bombadillo
10-13-2011, 2:46 PM
NO I do not intend to create a full auto AR, but if it's not a law, why block that part of the receiver?:confused:

I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be one of the requirements in the future. If that part being blocked out makes you feel safer, get it.

No, I wasn't implying you were trying to, but honestly asking a question. Is that area specifically machined so that we as a people cannot make it F/A or whats the point of machining it as such. I actually kind of like it because it adds some structural rigidity to the lower and if you're shooting a big bore caliber out of it like doing a Ferrett 50 or something, you've got a stronger lower potentially.

CHS
10-13-2011, 2:54 PM
PS, the lack of machining in the lower receiver to accomodate a FA trigger should be the least of any Californian's concern.

It should be the least of almost ANYONES concern. And even if you lived in a state where you could have and afford a RDIAS or RLL, just machine the area out. Or buy a $350 LMT lower just to use it.

Even without the sear block, I don't believe Colt lowers are "low shelf" anyways, so it STILL wouldn't work with an RDIAS or RLL.

I would be more angry if Colt neutered the carrier, which according to the pictures they have not. That's awesome. The lower, eh, it's fine. Nothing wrong with it. It's a semi-auto lower and it will function exactly the way it should.

+1000

Illegal

Look at the AW Flowchart under Appendix B

Colt: Sporter (all)

Strange. Please show me on the receiver where it says "Sporter" ?

A Colt M4 Carbine is not a listed make/model. The OP regards a Colt M4 Carbine, not a Colt Sporter. If the receiver said "Sporter" on it, I would be in agreement.

The list also says that 6920's are illegal, except there is no such thing as a stamped 6920 Colt. They usually say "M4LE" on them. They also use the same receiver for the 6920 as the 6921, and the 6921 is explicitly off-list.

The list also includes a Knights Armament RAS, which isn't even a firearm. Does that mean that a RAS on my LMT makes my off-list LMT an assault weapon? Of course not.

There are real Colt Sporters, which have stamped receivers displaying the "Sporter" name. Those are clearly banned. Anything else is just marketing material.

CHS
10-13-2011, 2:57 PM
NO I do not intend to create a full auto AR, but if it's not a law, why block that part of the receiver?:confused:

Please point to ONE manufacturer that doesn't block that part of the receiver?

I'll give you a hint, you can't. They all block that part of the receiver. They just do it in different ways. Colt is going a slightly extra route that actually involves less machining so they could always justify it as a cost-cutting measure.

tacticalcity
10-13-2011, 3:01 PM

For the record, everything you just said is what people were saying about all ARs 10 years ago. Is there a slight risk having a Colt lower in that an anti cop or da could not get it and file...yes. Is it very likely...not really. It is certainly no greater than any OLL was back when they first came out. As more and more CA legal Colts make there way into the state it will become so common place that all the LEOs will know about it and the risk will be zero.

I get that your new. But relax a little bit on the paranoia and let the guys that have been around for a while offer some solid advice.

That said. Price wise you would be better off with an LMT or Daniel Defense, both of which have military contracts and are reliable. Colt charges a very pretty penny for their roll mark.

tacticalcity
10-13-2011, 3:08 PM

I do see where the person listing the rifle calls it a SP6920 in one place and just a 6920 in another, but that doesn't jive with the lower pictured. So I am not sure where he is getting that number from. He's probably making assumptions or he ordered a 6920 and they sent him the same rifle with a totally different lower. Because I've seen the 6920 lowers and they specifically say 6920 on them. This one does not. But then again that is something Colt does all the time. They will call the rifle something on the label, something they used to have a lower that said that specific thing, then they change their lower's roll mark but keep right on selling the rifle as if it were the same and they didn't completely change the roll mark. Colt clearly doesn't have California laws in mind when they label and number stuff. Nor do they have any sense of order or organization in mind. They are very haphazard about it.

For the record, the official Sporter Line Lowers look like this...but I am sure the sold lots of rifles under the guise of being a "Sporter" with lots of different lowers. They do that alot.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=255313720#PIC

Jedediah Munroe
10-13-2011, 3:53 PM
From the Colt Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=128874547205025

Colt Defense - Roll Mark Change
by Colt on Friday, August 5, 2011 at 11:38am

Colt Defense is discontinuing the use of the LE “restricted to Military and Law Enforcement” roll mark. As soon as existing production runs are complete, models previously roll marked as LE6920 and LE6940 will be roll marked as SP6920 and SP6940. This change applies immediately to all new orders. In addition, existing orders will be filled with rifles marked with the new model numbers as soon as the LE roll marked inventory has been manufactured and shipped.

Accordingly, proceeding from this date forward, all orders for LE6920’s and LE6940’s will be entered as SP6920’s and SP6940’s respectively.

The roll mark for the SP6920’s and SP6940’s will appear as follows:

SPORTER

M4 CARBINE

SER. SPXXXXX

The SP serialization will continue in the chronological order that has been established and in use for many years.

Noah3683
10-13-2011, 5:00 PM
Here would be a listed " Sporter M4 Carbine" The one in the op is OFF-LIST

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m248/noah3683/M4_Sporter_LWR.jpg

bigpappa0095
10-13-2011, 8:49 PM
Is the OP even going to buy this rifle? Why are we still talking about this ~_~

Anchors
10-13-2011, 9:29 PM
Just to clear up the thread. This is the lower receiver in the OP's link.

http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/255000000/255000517/pix812123115.jpg

The rifles on the link to Colt's website DO say "SPORTER" on them. This one does not.

CHS
10-14-2011, 9:46 AM
Yes, that's another reason, cutting corners.

Here's what most of them look like:

http://dynamicarmament.com/images/POFUSA/POF%20GEN%20I.jpg

Looks like an auto-sear block to me. Clearly you've never seen how an auto-sear installs.

MrExel17
10-14-2011, 10:56 AM
If its legal then I want one!

tacticalcity
10-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Just to clear up the thread. This is the lower receiver in the OP's link.

http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/255000000/255000517/pix812123115.jpg

The rifles on the link to Colt's website DO say "SPORTER" on them. This one does not.

The problem you may run into is Colt may have the SP6420 model number on the outside of the carton it comes in. So no FFL will do the transfer for fear that is really is a "6420" series and thus banned.

Clear as mud, right? Colt could not make this more confusing/difficult for us California guys if they tried.

seainc
10-14-2011, 1:42 PM
This is the box.

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt228/yen10579/6920BOX001-1.jpg

seainc
10-14-2011, 2:35 PM
Reply from Riflegear:
" The lower looks off list. I would not recommend shipping it in the box that says 6920 as that model is on the ban list and may get you in trouble with uneducated LEO's. Normally 6920's have Law Enforcement lowers.

If you are transferring it through us make sure it have a bullet button and no high cap mags."

Reply from EBR Works:
"Will be fine with those exact markings. Make sure it ships into California with a BB or upper and lower separated."

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt228/yen10579/pix822945635.jpg

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt228/yen10579/6920BOX.jpg

Cali-Shooter
10-14-2011, 2:36 PM
Well, I see nothing special about that rifle, other than "it's a Colt."

Honestly, if you can drop down that amount of cash all at once, you could probably get an LWRC M6 off of the private marketplace.

cannon
10-14-2011, 4:18 PM
If its legal then I want one!

You and me both! I'm still irked I sold my Colt AR when the ban came in. So yes I'd happily pay the "Colt Tax" to have a LEGAL Colt AR again.

seainc
10-14-2011, 4:34 PM
Seller is ratworxusa.com, maybe we can start a group buy to get a better price;)

You and me both! I'm still irked I sold my Colt AR when the ban came in. So yes I'd happily pay more the "Colt Tax" to have a LEGAL Colt AR again.

cannon
10-14-2011, 4:45 PM
Seller is ratworxusa.com, maybe we can start a group buy to get a better price;)

I wonder how the seller would react to an order for twenty with a "Hold the box, paperwork and mags. Just box the rifle and send."

seainc
10-14-2011, 4:59 PM
Few days ago I email them about another Colt rifle and ask them if they can ship just lower w/o BB to my FFL and rest of items to me directly. They replied "YES"
They will disassemble the mag and send it as parts kit.

I wonder how the seller would react to an order for twenty with a "Hold the box, paperwork and mags. Just box the rifle and send."

Ubermcoupe
10-14-2011, 5:11 PM

Count me in. :)

NHP1127
10-14-2011, 6:00 PM
The Colt LE 6940 lower (Cal legal) is the exact same as the LE 6920 (not Cal legal). Simply buy a new Colt LE 6940 lower and put whatever upper on it you want.
If you feel the need, keep the Colt manufacturing paperwork that shows it was produced as an LE6940.

Q
10-14-2011, 6:09 PM
Count me in. :)

+1:drool5:

GM4spd
10-15-2011, 6:47 AM
Geez, is a COLT cardboard BOX on the original Roos-Roberti list?:rolleyes:n
I want one. Pete

shark92651
10-15-2011, 7:57 AM

Just because a purchaser of a firearm passes a background check, which effectively is all that happens (currently) when you buy a long gun, does not mean that the CA DOJ has given you approval that the particular gun you are buying is legal. They are given NO information about what particular long gun you are purchasing. If the gun is confiscated by LE from the owner on suspicion that it is illegal, who do you think they are going to come looking at next? This is why FFLs are cautious, or just plain scared, of some off-list rifles that are a little gray. Personally, when I looked at this receiver I thought it was OK, then I saw all the packaging that says 6920 and Sporter and then it makes me nervous. If it came into my shop in a plain box or case with no materials, I would probably look at the roll marks, smile and say "cool".

CSACANNONEER
10-15-2011, 9:54 AM
You and me both! I'm still irked I sold my Colt AR when the ban came in. So yes I'd happily pay the "Colt Tax" to have a LEGAL Colt AR again.

Geez, is a COLT cardboard BOX on the original Roos-Roberti list?:rolleyes:n
I want one. Pete

I know you guys are serious so, I recommend that you contact EBR Works and see if you can get a group buy going.

cannon
10-16-2011, 10:45 AM
I know you guys are serious so, I recommend that you contact EBR Works and see if you can get a group buy going.

Because of this post ^ I looked up EBR whom I had never never heard of.

They are freeway close. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Ubermcoupe
10-16-2011, 11:09 AM
So who's organizing the GB?

'Ike'
10-16-2011, 10:59 PM
So, legal or not? :detective:

seainc
10-16-2011, 11:22 PM
Colt lower shown in your attached photo is not legal. Sorry:(

or you can get a legal Colt lower and use the existing Colt upper.

So, legal or not? :detective:

TheHammerOfTruth
10-16-2011, 11:31 PM
Sporter, no.

The new rifle is going to be legal.

seainc
10-16-2011, 11:36 PM
That why I always use Riflegear for my transfer, you guys Rock:D

... If it came into my shop in a plain box or case with no materials, I would probably look at the roll marks, smile and say "cool".

'Ike'
10-16-2011, 11:37 PM
Colt lower shown in your attached photo is not legal. Sorry:(

or you can get a legal Colt lower and use the existing Colt upper.

Yup, that's my 93 PreBan (Registered) Match gun...Sucks! Trying to decide wether to sale or just keep hanging on...:facepalm:

seainc
10-16-2011, 11:39 PM
If you like the upper then just get a OLL and you can use that upper and OLL are cheaper then a complete new rifle.

Yup, that's my 93 PreBan Match gun...Sucks! Trying to decide wether to sale or just keep hanging on...:facepalm:

'Ike'
10-16-2011, 11:46 PM
Oh, I know...However I'm kind of wanting a Varmint gun! Sooooo, maybe one of the RockRiverArms Predators! :D

seainc
10-16-2011, 11:52 PM
I think RRA lower are also banned, check the flow chart. Or get a Colt 6724 or 6720 both rifles are legal to own in CA.

Oh, I know...However I'm kind of wanting a Varmint gun! Sooooo, maybe one of the RockRiverArms Predators! :D

CHS
10-17-2011, 8:43 AM
I think RRA lower are also banned, check the flow chart.

None of the RRA lowers are listed. They are all OLL's.

Striker
10-17-2011, 10:03 AM
You can get a BCM or LMT lower; buy the 6920 upper from Colt and spend $30.00 on a set of MOE handguards and a few dollars on the Magpul rear site if the setup appeals to you. I know it's a Colt, and it looks great, but there doesn't seem to be anything special about the rifle. BCM, Daniel Defense and LMT all can do basically the same thing for a comparable amount of money.