PDA

View Full Version : Can LEO buy off list in CA

Guidera
10-12-2011, 3:15 PM
Can a CA LEO buy an off list handgun (Kel-Tec P-32) and then sell it to me also in CA?

Crom
10-12-2011, 3:35 PM
Yes and yes. Stiff warning about doing it with an intention of bypassing the roster though.

Nothing wrong with LEO buying an off-roster gun and then later deciding he doesn't like it, needs money, whatever, and wants to sell it PPT.

That's my understanding.

ldivinag
10-12-2011, 3:36 PM
remember, according to CA lawmakers, LE are superhumans and are not limited like us mere humans with that silly thing known as the safe handgun list...

dfletcher
10-12-2011, 3:41 PM
A less than subtle or well informed LE buying up the latest non-rostered offering at more than a few at a time is not an unheard of occurence. So I've heard.

Andy Taylor
10-12-2011, 3:46 PM
If the LEO purchases with the intent to use it him/herself, then later decides to sell it, that is fine. If the LEO purchases with the intent to sell/transfer to a non-LEO to bypass the roster, then that is not OK. At least that is my understanding, and I am not a lawyer.

BayAreaShooter
10-12-2011, 3:47 PM
Yes and yes. Stiff warning about doing it with an intention of bypassing the roster though.

Nothing wrong with LEO buying an off-roster gun and then later deciding he doesn't like it, needs money, whatever, and wants to sell it PPT.

That's my understanding.

THIS^^^^^

DO NOT send your LEO buddy in to buy a off roster pistol with the intentions to sell it to you at a later date. If he decides he wants a certain pistol that is off roster and his credentials allow him to do so and for whatever reason he decides he no longer want's the gun than he can legally sell it to you. I believe there is a minimum time period he must have the gun in his Possession in order to legally sell it to you. I believe it is 10 days or so. I could be wrong so do your own research, but this is my understanding. Also remember if he decides to sell the gun and he received any mags that hold more than 10 rounds that he sells with the gun they must be disassembled and sold as parts kits.