PDA

View Full Version : confused!

deprived of 2A
10-12-2011, 3:01 PM
I don't understand all these goofy laws? don't conceal your firearm, don't carry it in the open. so what do you do, buy a gun run home with it real fast and never bring it out?

deprived of 2A
10-12-2011, 3:03 PM
can't hunt here or there, can't shoot this ammo here or that one there! what's the point of even owning a firearm here?

stix213
10-12-2011, 3:06 PM
By the time you're even allowed to possess a firearm again, we'll have that all sorted out.

deprived of 2A
10-12-2011, 3:07 PM
people discuss firearms like it's an illegal drug or something! you think back in 1776 our fore fathers thought that it would all come to this? firearms were a way of life and now it's governed to nothing! amazing...

vantec08
10-12-2011, 3:15 PM
I knew we were in for big problems years ago when I heard politicians yammering about "handguns are responsible . .. . blahblah." When a cold, lifeless object can be assigned human traits, such as being responsible, its the beginning of the Great Inexorable Slide. If we dont exercise our 2nd rights, it is defacto surrendered. Seems the nation is trying to go thru a "rebirth" and birthing is a messy process. One stupid anti law/regulation gets struck, two more pop up. More litigation, expense, effort, time. One hopes for a healthy outcome, unfortunately, some wont live long enough to see it. If the economy truly crashes, there goes the $$ for expensive litigation . . . . and . .. . we are ONE SCOTUS vote away from losing it all.

deprived of 2A
10-12-2011, 3:17 PM
this state law says this and that state law says that, but the feds say another thing! talk about one hand not knowing what the other is doing! the sad thing is all the folks making this crap up were voted in, so that makes us all responsible!

deprived of 2A
10-12-2011, 3:21 PM
no matter what laws they come up with someone is being held at gunpoint or murdered or accidently shot everyday! you can't remove the human factor no matter how much you try! we have speed limits and traffic laws but yet someone will die today on our roads! fact. the examples are endless.

conanobrennan
10-12-2011, 3:23 PM
unless you have a solution that is reasonable to all parties involved then there is no problem

deprived of 2A
10-12-2011, 3:29 PM
I am not sure what fantasy world is like for the politicians but I know here in the real world crap happens! there is rape,car jackings ,drive by's,robbery, burglary,theft and etc. fortunetly for me my size has kept me safe from most, but I'm definetly not bullet proof and I would like the right to protect and defend my wife and children from harm if need be!

deprived of 2A
10-12-2011, 3:33 PM
I just don't get it. basic rights and you people are having to fight and spend alot of money to defend it every damn day! makes no sense to me.

deprived of 2A
10-12-2011, 3:37 PM
I'm shocked there isn't a line of people from here to washington D.C. protesting this nonsense! that right is still here is'nt it?

stix213
10-12-2011, 3:40 PM
Start donating time and money to the cause, and be part of the solution then. The doom and gloomers aren't following the big picture.

deprived of 2A
10-12-2011, 3:43 PM
I see why folks get so discouraged and not vote, people in sacremento are supposed to represent the people but they seem to take on there own agenda's. people under 18 yrs can't use a tanning bed! really? that had to be a law? you got to be kidding me! what ,parents are not capable of making that decision on there own? we are that dumb where the goverment has to make our parental decisions for us! we spent money on this B.S.? wow...

deprived of 2A
10-12-2011, 3:46 PM
I guess if I was getting a free ride from our goverment, I could find it easy to swallow the crap they are pushing down our throats too!

email
10-12-2011, 3:48 PM
You just run TO your home, if they follow you inside (and are armed), then you can blast em.

So, you have a choice. See?:o

deprived of 2A
10-12-2011, 3:51 PM
9% unemployment, half of them don't want to work, crashing economy.yeah right! I made the most money I have ever made in my life during the so called "recesion" this country is mostly sheep and the govt. is the herder. they just keep getting herded from one pasture to another! no one wants to jump the fence and stand on there own anymore. they might quit giving me a check if I rebel!

vantec08
10-12-2011, 3:56 PM
I see why folks get so discouraged and not vote, people in sacremento are supposed to represent the people but they seem to take on there own agenda's. people under 18 yrs can't use a tanning bed! really? that had to be a law? you got to be kidding me! what ,parents are not capable of making that decision on there own? we are that dumb where the goverment has to make our parental decisions for us! we spent money on this B.S.? wow...

Lack of self-control, self-discpline, and responsibility creates a vacumn that government willingly fills. Usually an armed government.

taperxz
10-12-2011, 4:08 PM
Are you done with your rant?

deprived of 2A
10-12-2011, 4:21 PM
Are you done with your rant?

yes, lol

M. D. Van Norman
10-12-2011, 4:29 PM
Iím shocked there isnít a line of people from here to [W]ashington D.C. protesting this nonsense!

Open your eyes. There is a line. Get in it. Iím already holding five places on my own so far!

a1c
10-12-2011, 6:00 PM
I don't understand all these goofy laws? don't conceal your firearm, don't carry it in the open. so what do you do, buy a gun run home with it real fast and never bring it out?

To remain serious and answer the practical aspect of your question, there are indeed regulations about transporting your firearm from the store to your vehicle, and how it should be stored in your vehicle.

You currently unfortunately cannot currently possess firearms, but since you are planning on your son being a gun owner at some point in the future, make sure he is familiar with the laws of this state.

California laws suck. Big time. And there are now a few more on the books. The huge majority of them make no sense and have no real impact on crime.

But they can be followed or legally bypassed to allow gun owners to enjoy their passion.

CaliforniaLiberal
10-12-2011, 6:16 PM
I just don't get it. basic rights and you people are having to fight and spend alot of money to defend it every damn day! makes no sense to me.

What you talkin about "You People???" Pick up a shovel and get to work, you're one of us now and we're all in this together.

Teach a new shooter, make a donation, show up for some events. This is YOUR fight buddy.

[mumble, mumble "you people" mumble :facepalm:]

deprived of 2A
10-12-2011, 8:04 PM
What you talkin about "You People???" Pick up a shovel and get to work, you're one of us now and we're all in this together.

Teach a new shooter, make a donation, show up for some events. This is YOUR fight buddy.

[mumble, mumble "you people" mumble :facepalm:]

yes YOU PEOPLE, you guys have had a dog in this fight long before I have discovered this issue. YOU PEOPLE and your efforts are the reason the rights exist today ! I refer to YOU PEOPLE with respect. so please don't let the phrase YOU PEOPLE offend you!

CaliforniaLiberal
10-12-2011, 8:14 PM
You been here a month, more than 50 posts.

You are now officially one of the team. Our dog is your dog. Pull up a chair and stay a while.

I suggest you ditch the "You People" and pick up the "Us People," or "We People," or maybe "We the People."

Rattlehead
10-12-2011, 8:22 PM

no matter what laws they come up with someone is being held at gunpoint or murdered or accidently shot everyday! you can't remove the human factor no matter how much you try! we have speed limits and traffic laws but yet someone will die today on our roads! fact. the examples are endless.

this state law says this and that state law says that, but the feds say another thing! talk about one hand not knowing what the other is doing! the sad thing is all the folks making this crap up were voted in, so that makes us all responsible!

people discuss firearms like it's an illegal drug or something! you think back in 1776 our fore fathers thought that it would all come to this? firearms were a way of life and now it's governed to nothing! amazing...

can't hunt here or there, can't shoot this ammo here or that one there! what's the point of even owning a firearm here?

You're in California, it should be no surprise.

dad
10-12-2011, 8:23 PM
deprived of 2A , the state approved you, try filing an appeal with NICS.
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics

Librarian
10-12-2011, 8:29 PM
Meta note:

Not that it's really a problem in this thread, but if you look at your previous posts, at the bottom there are 2 buttons: "Edit" and "Quote".

Rather than posting 3 times in a row, it's a tiny bit better to just edit your most recent post and add things.

That doesn't work if others have posted after your post, and it's not like we have a limited supply of posts!

rero360
10-12-2011, 8:36 PM
Epic post

rero360
10-12-2011, 8:37 PM
count and

rero360
10-12-2011, 8:38 PM
rant thread

deprived of 2A
10-12-2011, 8:58 PM
well let's face facts here, obviously guns scare people! why the open carry ban? why is the ccw such an issue?I'm new to all this. but it seems to me a majority of the public goes along with all these ridiculous laws. I don't understand the way the public thinks I guess. I for one would like to know in a bad situation that an armed citizen could possibly save my life or that of a loved one. I don't fear guns, but I do fear idiots with guns! do people really think that gun owners are radicals? cause every person I know that hunts or does competitive target shooting ,or is a gun enthusiest seem to think realistic to me. knowing what I know now, I cringe when I hear about a shooting because soon to follow is another law that is going to effect legal law abiding citizens!

stix213
10-12-2011, 10:02 PM
well let's face facts here, obviously guns scare people! why the open carry ban? why is the ccw such an issue?I'm new to all this. but it seems to me a majority of the public goes along with all these ridiculous laws. I don't understand the way the public thinks I guess. I for one would like to know in a bad situation that an armed citizen could possibly save my life or that of a loved one. I don't fear guns, but I do fear idiots with guns! do people really think that gun owners are radicals? cause every person I know that hunts or does competitive target shooting ,or is a gun enthusiest seem to think realistic to me. knowing what I know now, I cringe when I hear about a shooting because soon to follow is another law that is going to effect legal law abiding citizens!

People were scared of women getting the right to vote
People were scared of black people drinking out of the same fountain
People were scared of lots of things, but their irrational fear while important is not necessarily in control of the future.

Window_Seat
10-12-2011, 10:07 PM
And it better not ever happen again... :laugh:

Erik.