PDA

View Full Version : Help with M1A project

Mickael81
10-12-2011, 5:37 AM
Hi.

I own a SA M1A Scout with a green syntetic stock. I would like to install an under rail closer to the magazine so i can put a forward grip. I have a two inch sling swivel rail that i installed for my Harris bi-pod but that rail is too short and too far forward to add a grip.

Does anybody know of an after market produck that would work on my syntetic stock? I don't know if buying a piece of rail and drilling holes would be safe to do...
I have checked on fulton armory, smith ent., and desert warrior and no luck so far.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Mickael81
10-12-2011, 5:41 AM
PS... i don't want to buy a McMillan or any other stock... i would like to work with what i have.

Sniper3142
10-12-2011, 6:14 AM
FYI,

A Forward Grip on an M1A turns it into an Assault Weapon.

You'll need to modify your rifle so it has a magazine locking device in order to legally do this. You also won't be able to use magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.

Check the AW Flowchart at the top of this page (Flowcharts & OLL Assembly Guide).

:(

Boltz
10-12-2011, 7:05 AM
The only thing I can think of using the factory stock is the SOCOM II rail. It's huge and heavy though, and you normally can't buy it separately retail-wise. Here's a link: http://www.gunsamerica.com/926922911/Non-Guns/Gun-Parts/Tactical-Rails-%28Non-AR%29/SPRINGFILED_ARMORY_M1A_SOCOM_II_rail_cluster.htm

Mickael81
10-12-2011, 11:16 AM
FYI,

A Forward Grip on an M1A turns it into an Assault Weapon.

You'll need to modify your rifle so it has a magazine locking device in order to legally do this. You also won't be able to use magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.

Check the AW Flowchart at the top of this page (Flowcharts & OLL Assembly Guide).

:(

I was under the impression that as long as i didn't have a pistol grip it didn't matter if i had a forward grip. I'll go back to my print out and verify.

Thanks for the heads up.

Mssr. Eleganté
10-12-2011, 11:27 AM
I was under the impression that as long as i didn't have a pistol grip it didn't matter if i had a forward grip. I'll go back to my print out and verify.

Thanks for the heads up.

If you have a detachable magazine on your M1A then you can't have a single one of these "evil" features...

pistol grip
forward pistol grip
flash suppressor
folding, collapsable stock
thumbhole stock
grenade, flare launcher

odysseus
10-12-2011, 11:29 AM

Thanks for the heads up.

Yes, it is ridiculous California law - but that would be adding a "feature" that would push a centerfire magazine fed rifle into California "AW" status.

10-13-2011, 4:46 AM
:facepalm: