PDA

View Full Version : Mini-14 BB install tutorial?

WiKDMoNKY
10-11-2011, 11:04 PM
I am looking for a video or a tutorial that will explain the drilling and tapping of the receiver. I see where I should drill, but I am unsure of what is behind it and should i strip the receiver down when I do it? Also what size tap do I need?

Thanks in advance!!!

captbilly
10-11-2011, 11:11 PM
I have a mini-14 and I wasn't aware that it was available in a configuration that required a bullet button.

FatalKitty
10-12-2011, 12:02 AM
I have a mini-14 and I wasn't aware that it was available in a configuration that required a bullet button.

there are stock kits that are "tactical"

WiKDMoNKY
10-12-2011, 7:41 AM
When your Mini-14 looks like this...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6737220/GUNS/IMAG0007.jpg

You need a BB.

notme92069
10-12-2011, 7:46 AM
There is an existing hole between the trigger guard and the magazine release. That is where you will tap. No need to drill another hole. I don't remember the exact size but it is metric and it is hard to find without purchasing an entire set. It is advisable to remove the trigger housing to do the work. I see you are in Orange. I commute through the OC. I could meet you one evening and help you tap it as I bought a set of metric taps. Let me know.

WiKDMoNKY
10-12-2011, 7:58 AM
For some reason I thought the screw had to go past the indent, hence needing to drill. So it only has to go 2 or 3 threads? That is much easier than I thought. I am doing this conversion for a friend and I am trying to keep it on a budget and buying a tap set for 5 minutes of use would not be ideal. I would greatly appreciate your help and tap. I can make myself available whenever you are in the area. When are you usually traveling through here?

There is an existing hole between the trigger guard and the magazine release. That is where you will tap. No need to drill another hole. I don't remember the exact size but it is metric and it is hard to find without purchasing an entire set. It is advisable to remove the trigger housing to do the work. I see you are in Orange. I commute through the OC. I could meet you one evening and help you tap it as I bought a set of metric taps. Let me know.