PDA

View Full Version : CZ527 in 7.62x39 or Saiga in 7.62x39???

cyrus
10-11-2011, 8:49 PM
CZ527 in 7.62x39 or Saiga in 7.62x39???

The CZ is a bolt gun $629 and nice and accurate. The saiga is russian nuff said. Which is a better choice. Can the Saiga mag well be converted?

69Mach1
10-11-2011, 8:50 PM
Saiga, and yes.

NorCalK9.com
10-11-2011, 8:51 PM
If you get a bolt gun get 308 or 223
So my vote is for saiga.
But even better would be a Wasr10/63 imo

bob7122
10-11-2011, 8:52 PM
both, but saiga first.

bloodhawke83
10-11-2011, 9:02 PM
saiga

tujungatoes
10-11-2011, 9:12 PM
I already asked in your other thread, but didn't see you respond. What is your intended purpose for this rifle?

If you want a cheap blaster get the saiga. I hate to say it, but unless you have some odd desire to see just how far you can push x39 there are better/cheaper to shoot calibers for a bolt gun. It just isn't the right round for any kind long distance shooting.

Like I said...whadda ya gonna do wit it?

cyrus
10-11-2011, 9:27 PM
I already asked in your other thread, but didn't see you respond. What is your intended purpose for this rifle?

If you want a cheap blaster get the saiga. I hate to say it, but unless you have some odd desire to see just how far you can push x39 there are better/cheaper to shoot calibers for a bolt gun. It just isn't the right round for any kind long distance shooting.

Like I said...whadda ya gonna do wit it?

Well your post got me thinking. Cleaning an AR-15 gas impinging system takes time. I was trying to find a bolt gun (super easy) to shoot and clean. I like more kick then the the 223 and thought the CZ would be the ticket. But after realizing good ammo just does not come in the X39 (at least cheaply) I am thinking of going AK. They are crude but I would like to have an iron side rifle to go in the woods with. I like the idea of being able to use it for hunting also.

NorCalK9.com
10-11-2011, 9:39 PM
Have you thought of saiga308 if so look down lol

smittty
10-11-2011, 10:21 PM
I had the Saiga 7.62x39 and coverted it and it was great but after a while I sold it.

It wasn't as refined as I wanted for my one gun. Today I have 2 AR's and they are much more satisfying to me. So much for having just one! With so many parts and configurations they are as fun as legos.

crackerman
10-12-2011, 12:39 AM
The CZs suck they are no good for anything.
http://loff.smugmug.com/photos/i-3HCPSX6/0/L/i-3HCPSX6-L.jpg
Cheap ammo, good for plinking, can hunt with it. Sure not a precision rifle but neither is a Saiga.

Get a CZ if you want some refinement, the Saiga for rattletrap crap.

jgraham15
10-12-2011, 1:50 AM
Well your post got me thinking. Cleaning an AR-15 gas impingingement system takes time. I was trying to find a bolt gun (super easy) to shoot and clean. I like more kick then the the 223 and thought the CZ would be the ticket. But after realizing good ammo just does not come in the X39 (at least cheaply) I am thinking of going AK. They are crude but I would like to have an iron side rifle to go in the woods with. I like the idea of being able to use it for hunting also.

It's really not a big deal to clean an AR.

Maddog5150
10-12-2011, 1:52 AM
CZ hands down.

SJgunguy24
10-12-2011, 4:47 AM
An AK is perfect for hunting anything inside of 200 yards, and further with optics. If your being charged by a pissed off wild pig do you want to worry about working a bolt or just keep firing?

6mmintl
10-12-2011, 7:22 AM
Cz's are a lot more accurate then any AK/SKS/VZ, with a little bedding, trigger work and handloads you will get 1.25MOA avg. with handloads, load 150's and they come alive for longer range hunting, target shooting.

I have a 20" AR (model one) that I have shot shilouette prone out to 500 meters with irons but there are better ways to throw lead more accurately

ChrisO
10-12-2011, 9:14 AM
An AK is perfect for hunting anything inside of 200 yards, and further with optics. If your being charged by a pissed off wild pig do you want to worry about working a bolt or just keep firing?

Learn how to shoot and you won't have that problem :roll eyes: as if a semi auto is a excuse for poor marksmanship. If you missed already but I hate to say it you're probably going to miss while it's charging.

ChrisO
10-12-2011, 9:16 AM
I'd get the cz. I have always wanted to pick one of those rifles up. Seems it would make a GREAT general purpose rifle and would make a hell of a fun little gun that is cheap to shoot!

zfields
10-12-2011, 9:18 AM
Id be looking at a CZ in a different caliber. 762x39 for me is a cheap, fun round, not something to handload for. If Im shooting for accuracy, Id go a different way.

ChrisO
10-12-2011, 9:21 AM
Id be looking at a CZ in a different caliber. 762x39 for me is a cheap, fun round, not something to handload for. If Im shooting for accuracy, Id go a different way.

The OP never mentioned hand loading. Someone else did to say it can be a fairly accurate round in said rifle. There is no doubt that the 7.62x39 would be more accurate than a saga rifle in the cz platform. Still is no precision rifle.

zfields
10-12-2011, 9:22 AM
The OP never mentioned hand loading. Someone else did to say it can be a fairly accurate round in said rifle. There is no doubt that the 7.62x39 would be more accurate than a saga rifle in the cz platform. Still is no precision rifle.

I can read, thanks.

ChrisO
10-12-2011, 9:28 AM
Really? Could have fooled me. You're welcome.

crackerman
10-12-2011, 9:40 AM
I'd get the cz. I have always wanted to pick one of those rifles up. Seems it would make a GREAT general purpose rifle and would make a hell of a fun little gun that is cheap to shoot!

One of the main reasons that I picked it up was as a more "friendly trunk gun" style of rilfe after I got rid of my lever action.

As far as handloading, if you do ever load for a this one you have to remember since it is a soviet round the bore is made for .311" bullets, not .308" as is typical for American 7.62mm guns (ie .308, .30-06.....)

Still one of my favorites to shoot.

MadOgres take on the gun

http://65.48.65.168/PowerHouse/CZ527Carbine.htm

NorCalK9.com
10-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Really? Could have fooled me. You're welcome.

You sour about something?
To op if your gonna spend that much on a bolt action theres alot better calibers to choose from.
As foe semi auto well heck theyre fun as h@ll!!
As for a pig rushing i'd much prefer to use a semi auto, ive shot guns under pressure and I.say this when youre scared theres nothing better than having that semi auto!
As for ak's being refined, an ak aint suppose to be refined it aint suppose to be pretty its built origanally for war. With that said i'm gonna get me another AR so I can build a 458socom but I dumped out over 8 ar's in the last year n a half and now have a house full of ak's.