PDA

View Full Version : cmmg m4 le upper

tvfreakarms
10-11-2011, 2:57 PM
I just got notice that i got my cmmg upper .22lr upper. This my first rimfire.
I was wondering if anyone gives it a clean before shooting it. Any ideas what u guys use for your .22lr? I have all the ss upgrades. I plan on giving it a wipe down and maybe some very light oil. I will probably spray some clp down the barrel and run my bore snake.
I have spikes lower.

Also is it a pain in the butt to clean it after shooting a .22? Does it get really dirty?
Any tips and opionions would be good.

Oops one more thing anyone has troubles shooting certain type of ammos?

I will post a pic probably later this week when i have it all set up

triplestack3
10-11-2011, 3:05 PM
How dirty it gets probably depends on the ammo. I cleaned up mine before I took it out and the shot the ever loving heck out of the thing. About 1000 rounds later, took it apart and cleaned it up. Really dirty, but go figure. Absolutely no hiccups. I run CCI Blazer and Federal bulk 90% of the time and have had no issues. Some difficulty feeding CCI Tactical 22LR, but I think it has to do with the bullet profile.

Stanksbeamen
10-11-2011, 3:35 PM
Good info, OP sent you a PM.

badhabit90
10-11-2011, 4:55 PM
I just got notice that i got my cmmg upper .22lr upper. This my first rimfire.awesome. you're gonna have fun...i have a first gen. model. the new models offer the bolt hold open feature like a regular AR...
I was wondering if anyone gives it a clean before shooting it. yes...Any ideas what u guys use for your .22lr? federal bulk pack. copper washed...I have all the ss upgrades. great choiceI plan on giving it a wipe down and maybe some very light oil. I will probably spray some clp down the barrel and run my bore snake.great idea...
I have spikes lower.i have a STAG lower

Also is it a pain in the butt to clean it after shooting a .22? Does it get really dirty?YES...
Any tips and opionions would be good.

Oops one more thing anyone has troubles shooting certain type of ammos?yes...stay away from winchester 'match' ammo. for some reason, it doesnt seat all the way in MY rifle...yours could be slightly different. however, the 36gr Federal bulk pack works flawlessly in the Black Dog mags.

I will post a pic probably later this week when i have it all set up

hope this helps....

donw
10-11-2011, 5:14 PM
i have the spikes ST-22 it is NOT ammo picky but i clean it after every session at the range.

tvfreakarms
10-11-2011, 7:44 PM
Thanks fellas. From what i read the cci ammo seems to be slightly longer profile and i guess thats why some 22lr no like.
How about ammo that are 40grains or little more. Any issues with those?

triplestack3
10-11-2011, 8:08 PM
Thanks fellas. From what i read the cci ammo seems to be slightly longer profile and i guess thats why some 22lr no like.
How about ammo that are 40grains or little more. Any issues with those?

CCI Blazer is 40g

not 100% sure on minimags, etc. but a lot of folks like using those too

badhabit90
10-11-2011, 8:31 PM
mine didnt like the mini mags... :(

i have the first gen....feed ramp also needed to be lightly polished....no issues since...

shadow65
10-12-2011, 4:48 AM
I've got several thousand rounds through my M4 LE now and it will cycling pretty much anything.
One great thing you can do which will help it along is the recommended "Buzzing" the chamber.
Use a brass .22 bore brush with oil on it. Chuck it in a drill and run it in and out of the chamber until warm, or about a minute. Don't get into the rifling.

This will polish the chamber plus get the crud out.
Dave N

tvfreakarms
10-14-2011, 12:40 AM
Well i bought some cci mini mag and winchester bulk (555). Hopefully no issues.

tvfreakarms
10-14-2011, 12:46 AM
Damn i forgot you said not winchester but the one i bought is not the "Match" version.

I guess they are not the same and hopefully the winchester bulk will work fine.

hope this helps....

shadow65
10-14-2011, 5:01 AM
Winchester bulk is what I use most.
Remington generally causes problems and is extremly dirty.
Dave

BAGunner
10-14-2011, 9:32 AM
Mine love minimag 40gr PLRN (Plated Lead Round Nose). I can shoot 1" group @50 yd with that.

Well i bought some cci mini mag and winchester bulk (555). Hopefully no issues.

shadow65
10-14-2011, 4:09 PM
Same here. I never had any issues with mini mags. My M4 LE shoots 1.2" at 50 yards with them:

762ski
10-16-2011, 1:19 PM
Having problems with mine fte we tried CCI Blazers what would recomend

shadow65
10-16-2011, 5:13 PM
First thing I would recommend is buzzing the chamber.
Check the extractor and make sure there isn't any carbon or gunk built up in under it.
Try some Winchester or Federal 36 gr bulk sold at Walmart until it's broken in good.
Dave N

Stanksbeamen
10-16-2011, 5:17 PM
Thanks, I'm going to pick up some Federal 550 value pack or winchester 555 from Walmart and hopefully shoot it Tues/Wed.

Stanksbeamen
10-16-2011, 6:18 PM
Also, what cleaning kit do you have? I was looking on here and saw the Patchworm kit, anyone use it on their AR? That and maybe some CLP or something I can pick up locally, Big5, Sports Authority, Walmart?

NorCalDustin
10-16-2011, 6:20 PM
I use a boresnake.

Stanksbeamen
10-16-2011, 6:22 PM
I use a boresnake.

Just a boresnake? Do you put anything on it or in the barrel? Just wipe down the other parts too?

tba02
10-17-2011, 6:20 PM
I have various cleaning regiments but the bottom line would be to get some (breakfree) clp and a boresnake.

NorCalDustin
10-17-2011, 8:33 PM
Just a boresnake? Do you put anything on it or in the barrel? Just wipe down the other parts too?

Well, I wipe down the upper with a single blue shop towel, then I run a boresnake with a solvent through the barrel, then I typically throw a little grease or oil on the bolt and call it a day. The entire process tends to take me less than 3-5 minutes

Stanksbeamen
10-18-2011, 1:20 AM
Well, I wipe down the upper with a single blue shop towel, then I run a boresnake with a solvent through the barrel, then I typically throw a little grease or oil on the bolt and call it a day. The entire process tends to take me less than 3-5 minutes

Sounds good, going to pick up a boresnake and hopefully some CLP from Big5 tomorrow. Some ammo to go along with it, give it a cleaning and head to the range.

tvfreakarms
10-18-2011, 2:05 AM
Im still waiting for the rest of my parts.
I got some break free and a boersnake

shadow65
10-18-2011, 4:54 AM
Im still waiting for the rest of my parts.
I got some break free and a boersnake

Parts should arrive to you tomorrow. Let me know when they do and we will get it going.
Dave

tvfreakarms
10-18-2011, 1:58 PM
Ok dave

tvfreakarms
10-20-2011, 6:22 PM
Got the rest of the parts