PDA

View Full Version : who has experience with bison armory uppers?

send it_hit
10-11-2011, 3:41 PM
can't find much in the way of reviews... anyone have one? used one? thoughts? some of you may know ive been looking at daniel defense, but with price as a factor i am looking around. thinking i might build a "cheaper" one so to speak, and eventually buy a complete top tier brand rifle in the future.

shooterfpga
10-11-2011, 3:45 PM
AR double firing...need help!! (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=487538)

this guy has one.

send it_hit
10-11-2011, 3:47 PM
well that's not encouraging is it lol

shooterfpga
10-11-2011, 3:48 PM
lol, its his lower that hes having issues with.

21SF
10-11-2011, 3:53 PM
^^^^ yea the upper is not an issue w/ double firing

send it_hit
10-11-2011, 4:05 PM
yeah i guess so. just the barrel on his from bison armory. they seem priced well.

jgraham15
10-11-2011, 4:43 PM
I don't know how much you are looking to spend on a barrel but this has to be the best deal going on a 6.8 barrel at the moment.

http://www.ar15performance.com/inc/sdetail/2647

$185 + shipping

AR Performance is a great company and makes great products. The only problem I have found with them is they are kinda slow to ship sometimes. It is a one man show so Harrison (the owner) gets backed up sometimes.

jgraham15
10-11-2011, 4:47 PM
I have heard good things about Bison's barrels but have zero experience with them. Have heard stories that they can be slow to ship also. I think Ben (the owner) may be running a one man show also.

send it_hit
10-11-2011, 4:51 PM
I don't know how much you are looking to spend on a barrel but this has to be the deal going on a 6.8 barrel at the moment.

http://www.ar15performance.com/inc/sdetail/2647

$185 + shipping

AR Performance is a great company and makes great products. The only problem I have found with them is they are kinda slow to ship sometimes. It is a one man show so Harrison (the owner) gets backed up sometimes.

right on. ill keep this in mind if i do decide to piece it together. thanks

Peter in CA
10-11-2011, 5:06 PM
jacobIDSC,
I got my complete 6.8 upper from Bison a couple of years ago. No problems at all with it. When I called and talked to Ben, he was very helpful in answering my questions and sold me the assembly with a blemished upper, to keep my costs down. The cosmetic blemish is almost nothing and did not detract from the looks at all. It did not effect shooting.
Of course, I hardly ever shoot the thing, so maybe that should be factored in somehow.

Peter in CA

send it_hit
10-11-2011, 5:32 PM
thanks peter. good info.

if you need someone to shoot it let me know :D

JoeGSX
10-11-2011, 6:51 PM
I have a ARPerformance barrel and it is really nice. I got a spiral flutted 18" match grade. Check out 68forums.com. Most recomend ar15performance and bison.

CHAD PEZZLE
10-12-2011, 8:50 AM
I've bought a 6.8 bolt and barrel from them about a 6-8 months ago. After reading reviews and different info from 6.8forums Bison seemed like a good company to deal with. Checked online and they showed the barrel in stock ordered it up and it arrived in about a week. No complaints what so ever.

Right now I couldn't tell you exactly how well it shoots because I think it's mostly operator error, but I'm getting 1-2 moa pretty consistently.

I think they're a smaller company so expecting things to ship out same day when you order it at 3 in the afternoon might be a bit much. But I felt there customer service was great.

Chad

Nathan Krynn
10-12-2011, 9:54 AM
I only use Bison barrels on 6.8 builds. For the company and for myself. I have 3 personally and get great results and Ben just plain rocks.

ChrisO
10-12-2011, 10:19 AM
Bison armory makes quality stuff. I have went through 2 bison armory 6.8 uppers and I have had NO problems with them. They are pretty well regarded over on the 6.8 forums.

Nathan Krynn
10-12-2011, 11:01 AM
One of TM's owners fathers got .3" on a 5 shot group off a boat cushion no less.