PDA

View Full Version : Eric Holder to be Subpoenaed!

MolonLabe2008
10-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Not soon enough!

I think Eric will look good in an orange jumpsuit.

Congressional investigators probing the failed anti-gunrunning operation Fast and Furious are sending a new subpoena to Attorney General Eric Holder -- seeking communications from about a dozen top Justice Department officials, including Holder; his chief of staff, Gary Grindler; and the head of the department's criminal division, Lanny Breuer, Fox News has learned. The subpoena, which could be filed as early as Tuesday, will focus on the Justice Department.

More...

Congressional Investigators to Subpoena Holder in Fast and Furious Probe
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/11/congressional-investigators-to-subpoena-holder-in-fast-and-furious-probe/

VictorFranko
10-11-2011, 11:56 AM
If "they" can fake a birth certificate, what makes you think they can't cover their tracks on "Fast and Furious"? :p

aklon
10-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Rather than subpoena Holder, just force him out of office then waive the extradition hearing to Mexico.

Let that happen, and this Fast and Furious debacle will be explained in a hurry. Once Holder gets thrown into a Mexican prison, they'll have to execute him just to get him to shut his mouth he'll be blabbing so much!

Ubermcoupe
10-11-2011, 12:32 PM
"due to national security, I cannot comment on these alleged issues"
or
"I am not prepared to comment at this time"
or
"Under the protection of the 5th Amendment I chose to not respond to your question(s)"
or
"Under executive order I am not al liberty to discuss issue(s) surrounding these alleged offenses"
or
"I am not at liberty to discuss ongoing investigations"

This will be interesting... :)

a1c
10-11-2011, 12:37 PM
If history is any indication, all this means is further embarrassment, a resignation (or replacement), and a job as a commentator or show host on a news outlet in the future.

taperxz
10-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Or i am now to busy prosecuting Iran for trying to kill the Saudi Ambassador, coincidence?

ubet
10-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Rather than subpoena Holder, just force him out of office then waive the extradition hearing to Mexico.

Let that happen, and this Fast and Furious debacle will be explained in a hurry. Once Holder gets thrown into a Mexican prison, they'll have to execute him just to get him to shut his mouth he'll be blabbing so much!

Oh god, that is so funny, and true!

dad
10-11-2011, 12:57 PM
or
or
"Under the protection of the 5th Amendment I chose to not respond to your question(s)"
or
"Under executive order I am not al liberty to discuss issue(s) surrounding these alleged offenses"
or

Also:"I don't recall"!

Ubermcoupe
10-11-2011, 12:59 PM
:facepalm: how could I forget.

Bruce
10-11-2011, 1:00 PM
"Eric Holder Indicted" would be much more exciting. :rolleyes:

Doheny
10-11-2011, 1:03 PM
Vince has good coverage re: the same matter in his thread. It was actually posted a couple of days ago.

/thread.

ZenDaddy
10-11-2011, 1:05 PM
"Eric Holder Indicted" would be much more exciting. :rolleyes:

Amen

guns4life
10-11-2011, 1:07 PM

This.

I'd bet money on it. :mad:

odysseus
10-11-2011, 1:11 PM
or
or
or
or

Agreed.

glbtrottr
10-11-2011, 1:11 PM
I have NO INDEPENDENT RECOLLECTION is the appropriate phrase, and he has uttered it repeatedly in the last several days...

Leg irons, anyone?

I would trade all of the pleasure I would get from seeing him prosecuted and convicted to have him give up the scoop on his boss who directed him to lead the program in the first place. Attorney General Holder, recipient of qualified immunity, so he could give up Osama Bin Biden? The thought just....gives...me...pause.

Back to reality.

Zartan
10-11-2011, 1:13 PM
Wipe away the smugness for a little while!

BigDogatPlay
10-11-2011, 1:14 PM
or
or
or
or

There are any number of things he could say. Response 1, 3 and 4 above would almost certainly not be received well by the committee and likely result in even more fireworks. Bear in mind also that there has almost certainly been at least some behind the scenes negotiation about how this is going to unfold. The days of a complete bushwhack are long gone.... unless the AG and his deputies have already pushed Issa past the point of comity.

I see this subpoena in two ways:

** Issa giving the AG the opportunity to "set the record straight".... which could in some avenues lead to a perjury trap, depending on what Issa actually has and how the AG responds.

** Issa bringing the AG before the cameras for a modern version of an old fashioned police grilling.

If nothing else it should make for some interesting watching / You Tubing.

redking
10-11-2011, 1:19 PM
I think it would be cool to be an ATF licensed gun smuggler.. I could probably even tried a crate of AK-47's for a few full autos :D

fred40
10-11-2011, 2:10 PM
Why waste our money on him. Extradite his scumbag azz to Mexico.

monk
10-11-2011, 2:25 PM
I thought the government was generally free from any judicial proceedings when conducting business?

gbp
10-11-2011, 2:46 PM
he just needs to go to jail

huntercf
10-11-2011, 3:12 PM
Why waste our money on him. Extradite his scumbag azz to Mexico.

Forget mexico, send his butt to AZ. I'm sure Jan would have a field day with his traiterous backside.

yellowfin
10-11-2011, 7:30 PM
He and the White House occupant are only the symptoms of the disease. I'd like to see them both squeezed to force them to implicate who tells them what to do. Someone spent half a billion dollars (probably more than was reported) to put them in power--THAT is who we need to stop. Otherwise we just get another just like them.

swilson
10-11-2011, 9:27 PM
Not soon enough!

I think Eric will look good in an orange jumpsuit.

Or Arpaio's pink underwear.

IrishPirate
10-11-2011, 9:35 PM
ying and yang....if you remove one evil, it will be replaced by another evil. The only question is which of the two evils will be worse. My money is on us getting a brand new, shiny, top-o-the-line douche bag that leaves us saying "wow, even Holder wouldn't have done THAT!"

mlevans66
10-11-2011, 9:50 PM
Barry's going to throw him under the bus. Watch!

DannyInSoCal
10-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Holder isn't worth a bucket of piss...

frankm
10-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Barry's going to throw him under the bus. Watch!

Hopefully for him Holder doesn't say Barry knew! LOL. Probably not, he'll have an "accident" if he does. :eek:

jamesob
10-11-2011, 10:06 PM
God I hope they don't prosecute his butt while Obama is still president.

five.five-six
10-11-2011, 10:07 PM
:facepalm: how could I forget.

I don't recall

five.five-six
10-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Hopefully for him Holder doesn't say Barry knew! LOL. Probably not, he'll have an "accident" if he does. :eek:

fort marcy park :TFH:

stix213
10-11-2011, 10:48 PM
I'm really curious what the White House communications could reveal, assuming they are sent at all.

ccmc
10-12-2011, 5:00 AM
Or i am now to busy prosecuting Iran for trying to kill the Saudi Ambassador, coincidence?

I was thinking exactly the same thing when I heard this on the news yesterday. Reminded me of the timing of the aspirin factory bombing in Sudan during the Clinton perjury investigation.

GM4spd
10-12-2011, 5:25 AM
I was thinking exactly the same thing when I heard this on the news yesterday. Reminded me of the timing of the aspirin factory bombing in Sudan during the Clinton perjury investigation.

This. Does seem pretty convenient. Pete

Trailboss60
10-12-2011, 7:06 AM
Eric Holder was too busy with the duties of his job to know that fas and furious was going on, he has been too busy suing Arizona, Alabama, and working on this assassination plot to know anything about the international transfer of thousands of weapons?:rolleyes:...That dog don't hunt.

I wonder if he will go back to providing pro-Bono legal defense to gitmo detainees, after all that is where his sympathies lie...and it is easier work than trying to frame gun store owners...

"I Eric Holder, do solemnly swear that I will support and
defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies,
foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to
the same; that I take this obligation freely without any mental
reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully
discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So
help me God."

Attempting to undermine the 2nd amendment, lying to congress, smuggling arms to terrorist's in a nation we consider an ally...I think you failed Eric...

For the claim of "Bush did it!"..that dog don't hunt either.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-national/wide-receiver-ci-it-had-nothing-to-do-with-bush-or-even-doj

Tier One Arms
10-12-2011, 7:34 AM
or
or
or
or

What he said

ccmc
10-12-2011, 9:03 AM
Subpoena issued today. There are articles about it at Fox News and the Washington Times.

glbtrottr
10-12-2011, 9:47 AM
Be careful what you wish for.

No bigger douchebag ever served as Mayor of Chicago than Richard M Daley, Female Horse. "Hizzonor" was by far the most corrupt and outlandish politician I had ever met...

...until Rahm Emmanuel came along. Now he's fooling the people of Chicago into believing that he's all hoyty toyty about his education initiatives while pilfering money from the masses. "Dead Fish" guy is not only corrupt - he's astute, smart, and far better connected than Daley.

If Holder gets replaced, we may get someone who's corrupt...and intelligent

Wherryj
10-12-2011, 11:14 AM

"Define the word 'the'..."

Bigtime1
10-12-2011, 11:21 AM
My Christmas list for 2011 includes Eric Holder in a prison jumpsuit.

My Christmas list for 2012 includes a new POTUS, and the current one under indictment.

notme92069
10-12-2011, 11:28 AM
If "they" can fake a birth certificate, what makes you think they can't cover their tracks on "Fast and Furious"? :p

You may not have noticed, but Issa seems to have had the documents leaked to him already. This is just a trap for Holder.

Psy Crow
10-12-2011, 11:55 AM
You may not have noticed, but Issa seems to have had the documents leaked to him already. This is just a trap for Holder.

Subpoen-owned.

http://ecdn3.hark.com/images/000/001/085/1085/its-a-trap_large.jpg

five.five-six
10-12-2011, 7:13 PM
executive privlage

otalps
10-12-2011, 7:32 PM
executive privlage

I hope he claims that. That will bring obama into the fold.

command_liner
10-12-2011, 7:53 PM
This is not Watergate anymore, or even Iran-Contra.
Read up on "the Brogan Decision" -- this is what was used to prosecute Scooter
Libby and Martha Stuart.

Holder lied while speaking to at least one Federal Official. Each lie is a felony
under the Brogan rule. Intentional or unintentional; in the board room or in the
bathroom; to the post man or a federal judge. It does not matter. In all cases
false statements to federal officials are felonies. He lied to congressmen thus
he committed felonies.

There really is not much more to it than that. His guilt is very clear.

What happens next will be interesting. Can the US Attorney General be excused
for committing multiple felonies? If so, what novel legal theory is involved?

stitchnicklas
10-12-2011, 8:25 PM
multiple questions...

1) can arizona sheriffs put out arrest warrants for holder,obama,and the other idiots???
2)when is the next hearing