PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff Gore

notme92069
10-11-2011, 8:46 AM
Short of Statewide reform, I believe the best way to get CCW in San Diego (or any other county) is to defeat the Statist Sheriff's/candidates. The only way to do that is with lots and lots of money! I mean, if Bill "Ruby Ridge" Gore was able to get more votes and three times the money of all the other candidates combined, it's just about the money (it sure isn't about him being involved in the killing of innocent women, children and a family dog, or failing to stop two of the 9/11 terrorists he was tracking in his own jurisdiction, is it?)

Has anyone tried the political angle to embarrass Gore? Is there a documented connection between contributors to Gore's election campaign and issued LTC? This would be handy to pop up in the next election.

zhyla
10-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Elections involving an incumbent sheriff appear to be useless. This isn't the path to success.

notme92069
10-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Elections involving an incumbent sheriff appear to be useless. This isn't the path to success.

Really? If it can be shown that he is involved in corruption prior to an election, I believe he can be defeated. Of course having only a single opponent would help prevent splitting the opposition vote

Apocalypsenerd
10-11-2011, 12:35 PM

We should probably stop voting then.

Flintlock Tom
10-11-2011, 2:06 PM
All of his dirty laundry came out in the last election and it actually seemed to help him.

??

zhyla
10-11-2011, 2:46 PM
All of his dirty laundry came out in the last election and it actually seemed to help him.

Yep.

No harm in voting against him, but I'm under the impression that no sheriff has ever been unseated via an election. At least not in that county.

gunsandrockets
10-11-2011, 6:39 PM
Gore is a snake.

After Gore was appointed Sheriff but before he was elected I had a surprise chance to talk to him directly.

I had made a call to his campaign office inquiring about CCW policies. A few hours later Gore himself called me back and we had a nice polite conversation on the topic.

Gore tried to play a con game on me by pretending he was powerless to change CCW policy. Of course I knew better and I let him know that. Once he was caught out and I directly confronted him, Gore finally fessed up and admitted he didn't want a CCW policy that let the public at large get permits.

What a snake.

j.hors
10-11-2011, 8:06 PM
Ok I'm fine with the stupid crap, I'm going to run against gore. Time to issue ccw to those that are legally them able to have them......ummmm how do I start lol

nicki
10-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Gore is in for another 3 more years.

The current California law on who can run for sheriff pretty much protects incumbent sheriffs from challengers.

California Sheriffs either retire or they go to Club Fed because of corruption.:o

The majority of people just automatically vote for incumbents unless a compelling case is made to remove the incumbent and replace them with someone new.

Nicki

nicki

The current California law on who can run for sheriff pretty much protects incumbent sheriffs from challengers.

California Sheriffs either retire or they go to Club Fed because of corruption.:o

The majority of people just automatically vote for incumbents unless a compelling case is made to remove the incumbent and replace them with someone new.

Nicki

nicki

Nicki

notme92069
10-12-2011, 10:33 AM

Nicki

Ok!