PDA

View Full Version : Who were the supporters of AB 144

kanaka44
10-11-2011, 7:00 AM
Is there a way to find out who all the supporters of the bill were? I heard on NRA news The California Police Chiefs Association was part to blame because they influenced the Governor! Is their anywhere online that shows which police chiefs approved? I would like to know which police chiefs are pro 2A and those who are not!?

ja308
10-11-2011, 7:13 AM
It was not Joe Arpio !
Elections have consequences

OHW
10-11-2011, 7:27 AM
gov. brown.

Did he really do this to allow a LC argument go to court?

ja308
10-11-2011, 7:31 AM
Gov Brown satisfies his base -------------thats not sportsmen!

Death by a thousand cuts--seems to me

NeuTag
10-11-2011, 7:43 AM
Brown was aboot supporting regulation...read his amicus brief to McDonald vs. Chicago. He isn't a gun lover and he is about the law. He is a moonbean in the sea of scraks. A myth of a man that should have been born in the time of budda...That is his personal backround. He is a neat guy. The voters are wrong in expecting him to be something he isn't.

Let it be said I respect his honor the head of the supreme court of the United States, his eminent, John G. Roberts, Jr.

ja308
10-11-2011, 7:52 AM
looks like another anti rights "neat" democrat to me

CitaDeL
10-11-2011, 8:45 AM
Is there a way to find out who all the supporters of the bill were? I heard on NRA news The California Police Chiefs Association was part to blame because they influenced the Governor! Is their anywhere online that shows which police chiefs approved? I would like to know which police chiefs are pro 2A and those who are not!?

You know, this kinda makes me want to write a letter to the CPCA and their local members.

Something to the effect of;

Dear Chief of Police,

I wanted to let you know that I am not happy with your support of AB144. In this new law, there exists an exemption from violation by a person when that a person is summoned by a peace officer to assist in making arrests or preserving the peace, while the person is actually engaged in assisting that officer.

I can assure you that I will never take advantage of this exemption. If you are willing to deprive me of a lawful means to defend myself, I can find no compelling reason to come to the assistance or defense of a peace officer who urgently needs the help of an armed citizen.

I can't really send that letter. Of course I can think of circumstances where I would assist a peace officer and turning my back on police (good people who really believe in liberty)in a life and death situation based upon the actions of CLEO's would make me an epic douche bag.

There must be some way however, to take the CPCA to task...